Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Knife fighting?

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:20 am

Is there some sort of Art or Trick to knife fighting? It seems to be hit or miss with me. I am not really an up close and personal kind of guy. I would just as soon shoot you from several feet away as knife you. That skeleton is going to own me when played by a human player. Most likely as a bot too!

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Knife fighting?

Post by Rico[CotC] » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:05 am

Yes. Aim for the head.

Seriously.

Of course, you were unlucky the other night because I was the one running the skeleton, and because Dog had not yet taken some of the HP away, nor had he upped the headshot damage.

I played last night, and the Skeleton was a LOT more balanced. I had to work hard to stay alive.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 pm

I believe Dog was saying that body shots do more damage on the skeletons. Best way I've found is just to crouch if he's in your face. Better if you can get him from behind.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:58 pm

i would just like to say the best tactic when the skeleton is been played by me or sarge is to run and hide, that way we keep our money longer :P
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:39 pm

v.o.c wrote:i would just like to say the best tactic when the skeleton is been played by me or sarge is to run and hide, that way we keep our money longer :P
Unless you're Rico, then ATTACK!!!!

:)

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:55 am

Running away works! But only for a little bit. When you get bored of playing hide and seek I will surely suffer for it.

Still haven't figured out a sound methodology for knife fighting. Normal bots, so long as they come one at a time, I can knife all day long. Specials, Gas Man in particular, well they are just weird. It seems like I doing the same thing as always but sometimes it works really well and other times it does not. Sometime it seems as if I am hacking on them forever and nothing happens. Other times it seems as if you look at them funny and they die.

Scully or Skelle (My name for the Skeleton) is just plain strange. He falls into the category best to stab repeatedly in the back. Knife fighting from the front with this guy is so unpredictable. He pretty much owns me lock, stock and barrel.

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:46 pm

The most effective way I've found of dealing with a skeleton is by first procuring zombie blood and then invisibly knifing/punching. xD
He sure is a mean one.

The Weasel
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by The Weasel » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:42 pm

I heard someone say "hit him in the balls" so I did. It was more effective than going for the head. I run with a thompson, most the time. So I punch! It seemed too work.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm

How does one propose to hit'em in the nuts when he has no nuts! He is just bones!

Seriously though I will have to give the groin and belly some attention with my knife to see if that is anymore effective than what I have been doing.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:He is just bones!
:D
Just aim for his pelvis. It's hard to angle for his chest.
I still think this bot is a bit overpowered though. He's the only zombie that consistently maintains a positive KDR. Meeting up with him pretty much means a loss of 80 health if you start punching right away, and without a health drop, he's a toughie. I don't mind the challenge with the human, because he does a lot of running as well, but it really seems nothing stops that bot beyond a lucky shot.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:18 pm

People need to learn to run!

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Dog wrote:People need to learn to run!
I cannot run from him :lol: It's like trying to sprint away from the witch. Either going to catch you or you're just pawning him off on an easier target, which doesn't make friends. Our skeletal friend is quick on his feet!

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Running from him is sort of futile. It appears that he can run faster forward then you can run backwards. Switching weapons to the knife from a rifle produces a 1 or 2 second delay. In that time he has closed with you and he already stabbing you. He has a really quick attack rate. I think we should have knock back on him with bullets. Still no damage but knock back. That will at least give a little more time to switch weapons. You may end up make him vulnerable to bullets. If you have to I think a good compromise would be to make him invulnerable to everything but a scoped sniper head shot.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:21 pm

when you guys play him you will see that he is actually quite balanced, the only real way to play him is to jump in stabby stab stab, then jump out, as soon as people see you coming theres 5 guys with knives out. i have found finding somewhere high up where you can see as flag is the best option, or away from a cap where you can get a long jump in. He really is a tuff class to play with a full server.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm

I've no complaints about the human skeleton, VOC :) He's very balanced. And ensures that both he and all the allies have to keep moving. I love that. You can pretty much ignore him if he's fleeing and if he's around, every ally in the vicinity has a knife out ready for a shot at him. I think we're talking purely the bot being a little unbalanced :)