Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Doomsday

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 am

I have a lot of free time at work right now :P

I'm not sure if it is possible or way too much work but I was thinking of a scenario for a final cap out from the Zombies.

My idea is a Doomsday Device Scenario. To keep the world from falling into the hands of a Zombie hoard. If the Zombies cap out the device would detonate and kill everything in site, keeping the world free of non-humans (and any remaining humans) A last resort for humankind.

In game it would look like an airstrike, but would encompass the entire map killing everyone, even in spawn.

Alright back to work for me!

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Doomsday

Post by v.o.c » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:09 am

i like that idea, but how about a variation on that. in the store an option that only opens when allies have 1 flag left say $300 buys it and its as sarge described a massive airstrike killing everything on the map allies, axis even in spawn. can only be bought once per round but opens the map up for a race to the last remaining allies flag buying time for a chance to cap back.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:20 am

On that idea, to help keep it fair. I propose that it would kill the normal zombies.
As the special zombies are more powerful per say, but it would reduce their health by 1/2 to 3/4 of health prior to the "Nuke'.

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:51 pm

I hear zombies crying foul...They will want one too. How about we give them one that is like a balloon and when it pops, zombie blood drops all over the map! :onfire:

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:16 pm

George wrote:I hear zombies crying foul...They will want one too. How about we give them one that is like a balloon and when it pops, zombie blood drops all over the map! :onfire:
What would be even better is the Gas mans Gas bomb, but on a larger more powerful scale.
Blinding at 3/4 and drugging the Allies for at least 15-20 seconds. No one would be immune, except if you have picked up antigas prior to the strike. But you would be drugged but not blinded. But it could only be unlocked when the zombies control all but 1 flag.

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:24 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:
George wrote:I hear zombies crying foul...They will want one too. How about we give them one that is like a balloon and when it pops, zombie blood drops all over the map! :onfire:
What would be even better is the Gas mans Gas bomb, but on a larger more powerful scale.
Blinding at 3/4 and drugging the Allies for at least 15-20 seconds. No one would be immune, except if you have picked up antigas prior to the strike. But you would be drugged but not blinded. But it could only be unlocked when the zombies control all but 1 flag.
I like this idea! If I may modify a few things, how about an Emo that goes nuclear! This emo will have an extremely large blast radius, killing all within range. Then all that remains is this erie green fog of intense radiation. It slowly poisons all humans who are still alive that dare to walk through it, but heals all zombies! And when the humanz die, they will respawn as zombies, serving the horde of the undead.

As for the human doomsday device, how about this.... Utilizing the power of Shield Technology, the humans have invented this device that would have the ability to transmit a wave of similar energy. It would activate like a shield, but rather than being stationary the shield spreads out like a nova throughout the map, cleansing the land of the zombies...

I swear, one day we should all try to make a game movie out this mod...

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 pm

How would it affect gameplay?

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:33 am

Dog wrote:How would it affect gameplay?
As with anything of this nature, it could drastically change the game.
In order to find a balance between the 2 sides, both must have the ability to employ such a weapon.

That is why in my suggestion, it would not kill off the SI only weaken them.
And the same for the Allies with my "Gas bomb" idea. Blind/drugged unless you picked up or buy antigas. Also it would only be available 1 time per side per round, and could only be used by the losing team if they where down to the last flag. In esseance that would prevent the winning team from using it as an advantage to gain the last flag.
And I believe that some sort of global warning should be given to indicate it's use.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:20 am

<eVa>mlite wrote:
And I believe that some sort of global warning should be given to indicate it's use.
yes like the old airraid warning siren. But i think the use of any such device should pretty much wipe everybody out, effectively restarting the map without resetting the caps.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:55 am

My original idea was just to have a cool ending to a Zombie world cap. Something like 10 airstrikes going off killing everything in true doomsday fashion.

As far as gameplay, it would just start over again as usual.

But I like everyone's ideas. :)

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:46 pm

XD Personally, I like the idea. But people who're concerned about their KDR will just switch to spectate at the map's end, then--besides which, I feel like such a powerful weapon is dangerous when one considers TKers or teamwounders.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:36 pm

P. E. Logos wrote:XD Personally, I like the idea. But people who're concerned about their KDR will just switch to spectate at the map's end, then--besides which, I feel like such a powerful weapon is dangerous when one considers TKers or teamwounders.
That's why I was just suggesting an ending to a round, not as a weapon. It would just automatically occur after zombie last cap. And you can't go into spectate unless you are dead anyway :)

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Moonshine wrote: I swear, one day we should all try to make a game movie out this mod...
Major motion picture and then a series spin-off? Zombie movies and shows are really big right now!

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:40 pm

George wrote:
Moonshine wrote: I swear, one day we should all try to make a game movie out this mod...
Major motion picture and then a series spin-off? Zombie movies and shows are really big right now!

maybe it could be stevos first big ville productions, project :P

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:55 pm

v.o.c wrote:
George wrote:

maybe it could be stevos first big ville productions, project :P
We can also get our characters' name in there! I already got a background story for Moonshine and how he becomes a zombie :]