Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Transit
Villun
Villun

Games Played

playing as the Wraith

Post by Transit » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:24 am

Just wondering how the Wraith changes in certain situations? When do you become more visible? Is it as you get more hp?
Is the "invisible UNG" i have seen a few times just a wraith with 600hp which i think is the max for this class?

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: playing as the Wraith

Post by Dog » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:45 am

Wraiths are very weak while they are invisible. They have low health. But as they suck health from players, they become more visible. A visible Wraith has a lot of health! So the trick is to shoot them as soon as you see the red beam. The Wraith has to maintain a line of sight to continue sucking health.

As for playing as the Wraith, your health goes up as you suck health from other players. So once you spawn, you should run around sneaking and sucking health until you are strong enough

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:49 am

Dog wrote:Wraiths are very weak while they are invisible. They have low health. But as they suck health from players, they become more visible. A visible Wraith has a lot of health! So the trick is to shoot them as soon as you see the red beam. The Wraith has to maintain a line of sight to continue sucking health.
Or turn around and run for the hills. Also doing a zig zag pattern works for ridding yourself of the Wraith.

Transit
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Transit » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks. i have found you can hide in the dark and target the humans with red lines. Or wait midway and follow lone spawning humans and spade them

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:53 pm

When playing the wraith I really enjoy picking off heavily wounded allies and then running back in hiding. Does the wraith still do more damage as it becomes more visible?

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:18 am

Moonshine wrote:When playing the wraith I really enjoy picking off heavily wounded allies and then running back in hiding. Does the wraith still do more damage as it becomes more visible?
I have found that I suck hard at playing any flavor of zombie.

Transit
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Transit » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 pm

the key is getting to good spots while your invisible before you spawn

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:50 am

I think the best way to go about it is to run around looking for a pack of health bars and try to get behind them and in cover before you spawn; just anywhere your smoke won't be too obvious. If I get behind a pack of six, you can normally pick off four of them before anyone notices. Then it's up to you to decide whether to run from the last two or stick it out and go after them. The only time this fails miserably is when you have players like Logos and Blindschleiche on, who are pro-wraith hunters :)

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:02 am

as for hunting wraiths, i wish that if they are hit by a bullet they should show up for 1 second. instead of getting more invisible.:(
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:53 am

Nice idea

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:55 am

I think the Wraith should only gain health from its beam weapon not from shoveling his opponent. With his invisibility or rather low visibility it is quite easy for him "appear" behind you club gain more health and club 3 or 4 other in row. This really makes him tough to deal with at flags. Use of the beam weapon will require more skill than simply shoveling people. It will make him less of a brute force character and more of strategist.

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Personally, I think the wraith is well balanced as is--and not just because its my favorite class to play as when I'm a zombie, either.

I feel as though the wraith is key to the balance of the game. The allies have some pretty epic powerups--and it is fairly difficult to play as a wraith if you're facing people who are accustom to zombie tricks. Plus, the wraith's 2 health pack drop perk means people will hunt him down. The low-health in the beginning allows for accidental deaths from running through fire/nades/molotovs, while the high-health later on permits the wraith to be a contender when it comes to flag captures and flow-of-the-map control.

The wraith is a fun class to play, and a good wraith can cause a lot of problems--but a cooperation, flashlight useage, and communication from the allies can effectively shut him or her down--which, I think, helps emphasize team play.

But those're just my opinions. :)

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I think the Wraith should only gain health from its beam weapon not from shoveling his opponent. With his invisibility or rather low visibility it is quite easy for him "appear" behind you club gain more health and club 3 or 4 other in row. This really makes him tough to deal with at flags. Use of the beam weapon will require more skill than simply shoveling people. It will make him less of a brute force character and more of strategist.
The nice thing about the wraith is you only gain about a 100 health per kill, which is still just a rifle shot away from death. I don't think shovel kills gave health when he was first introduced, but a lot of players (namely, me) would get frustrated because this meant an invisible wraith could run around endlessly hacking opponents. It didn't make for fun gameplay, but as is, I really enjoy managing a kill on the human wraith, and I enjoy playing him as well :)