MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The most annoying Zombie...

Post by MrBlah » Sun May 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Rico[CotC] wrote: When the zombies are winning, and killing reasonably experienced players several times in a row, then the zombies probably have an unfair advantage. And that will chase players from the servers, and that is NOT the key to long-term success.

I actually like to lose as the allies. It means we aren't working well enough as a team and therefore must cooperate better. When ever d(cooperation)/dt >0 I am a happy player. :)
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Mon May 23, 2011 9:39 am

Moonshine wrote:
Dr. Bob wrote:
Dog wrote:It should do.
It doesn't have a shadow on my screen :?
You're not alone :[
Then again my computer's graphics card is about 7 years old (it was great for the original DoD. I remembered the first time i saw rain in the game...)
My dual nVidia 5870s *should* be able to show me a cast shadow. :)

But they do not.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Mon May 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Rico[CotC] wrote: My dual nVidia 5870s *should* be able to show me a cast shadow. :)

But they do not.
I wasn't able to see infected one's today either, so might not just be the wraith

Also, I think two human wraiths is excessive. One has our entire team scrabbling, teamkilling, and dropping dead trying to kill it. Between the speed, the double jump, the suck, and super-effective spades (George has a screenshot of a wraith doing 487 damage in one hit while invisible) a single wraith can and has capped out with some incredibly solid players on. With two wraiths traveling together, it got ridiculous.

Fidel Gastro
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fidel Gastro » Tue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm

MrBlah wrote:
Rico[CotC] wrote: When the zombies are winning, and killing reasonably experienced players several times in a row, then the zombies probably have an unfair advantage. And that will chase players from the servers, and that is NOT the key to long-term success.

I actually like to lose as the allies. It means we aren't working well enough as a team and therefore must cooperate better. When ever d(cooperation)/dt >0 I am a happy player. :)
Bingo!!! I agree when the chips are down the allies start working as a machine and really make the game come into its own. Also when you are battling a human zombie it is sensational fun.

I think the biggest problem is the fact of the scoring system perhaps we need to increase the score for killing a human zombie. That way people whom wish to have the best score are not penalised for hunting them whilst they are not capping flags. To me the stat recorder is the biggest drama not the zombie team. I see it all the time people camping and so on just to get a high score, very boring indeed. You move up and they all run out of ammo then run away to leave you to die, yay :evil: .

Team play makes this game awesome.
One fish swims into a wall.
The other fishy laughs his butt off and says "dam".
Ha Ha

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Tue May 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Fidel Gastro wrote:
MrBlah wrote:

Bingo!!! I agree when the chips are down the allies start working as a machine and really make the game come into its own. Also when you are battling a human zombie it is sensational fun.

I think the biggest problem is the fact of the scoring system perhaps we need to increase the score for killing a human zombie. That way people whom wish to have the best score are not penalised for hunting them whilst they are not capping flags. To me the stat recorder is the biggest drama not the zombie team. I see it all the time people camping and so on just to get a high score, very boring indeed. You move up and they all run out of ammo then run away to leave you to die, yay :evil: .

Team play makes this game awesome.
I think that's more map stats than Ville stats. I never pay attention to the point amounts, but I do tab between spawns to see who's leading up in caps and kills.

The wraith is starting to chase off a couple of regulars though :? I'm not sure what it is. His abilities written out seem balanced but all week its been an unpleasant chore fighting him off. It may be the triple jump, to be honest. It's just so fast that the whole team can be shooting him while he pings around.

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Tue May 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Dr. Bob wrote: The wraith is starting to chase off a couple of regulars though :? I'm not sure what it is. His abilities written out seem balanced but all week its been an unpleasant chore fighting him off. It may be the triple jump, to be honest. It's just so fast that the whole team can be shooting him while he pings around.
His triple jump is what makes the wraith so much fun to play with. It is also what makes him so hard to kill (and also the huge amount of health it can gain). But it is possible. The infected was at first tricky to kill with the new double jump. I believe it takes some adaptation.

I think it should be barely visible at low health... and then GLOW once it almost reaches maximum health. Yes! Glow! Like an evil deity leading its hungry moaning horde of undead followers to take over the living world, hacking and sucking away lives, wreaking havoc and destroying villages, not yielding to traffic, leaving toilet seats up and unflushed; all is left but an absolute trail of DESTRUCTION! Behold! The glowing unstoppable wraith! Muhahahhahaaaa... Long live the undead!

I am sorry... work has been slow and I have been at home for a little bit too long. Back to left4dod!

This is why I try not to play the wraith too often...

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Wed May 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Moonshine wrote:I think it should be barely visible at low health... and then GLOW once it almost reaches maximum health. Yes! Glow! Like an evil deity leading its hungry moaning horde of undead followers to take over the living world, hacking and sucking away lives, wreaking havoc and destroying villages, not yielding to traffic, leaving toilet seats up and unflushed; all is left but an absolute trail of DESTRUCTION! Behold! The glowing unstoppable wraith! Muhahahhahaaaa... Long live the undead!
:lol: thanks for the laughs, Moonshine.