George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Left4DoD

Post by George » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm

So just thoughts on the "wounded team mate" messages. I found myself on Avalanche (which is one I really really don't like) and I was hesitating to save team mates because every time I punched, shot or looked at them, I got a "wounded team mate" message. Personally, if I have a zombie on me, I'd like my mates to shoot the thing off! Not be punished for helping. I understand the thought and reasoning behind it but it is having an adverse effect on playing. At least mine.

Also, Bob says there is a glitch since I was no where near any team mates, punched a zombie and it said I hurt multiple mates. Kinda crazy. Anyway, it isn't a point thing that is the turn off, take my points, take my health, what ever you need but the message is like having to write a hundred times on the chalk board the "George will not hurt his team mates. George will not hurt his team mates. George will not hurt his team mates. George will not hurt his team mates. George will not hurt his team mates. George will not hurt his team mates..."

Any way, my two cents.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:33 pm

LOL
OK!

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:35 pm

While I am not thrilled with the team wounding points deduction I will live with it. I see it a necessary evil. However I would like to take it farther and see say 10 woundings of the same player in less then 10 second result in something more drastic then point reductions.

I have question about the maps. The behavior of the bots doesn't seem to be the same between map to map. Prime example is Driz. More then 5 players and we instantly have all the specials in play excepting the UNG without any cap outs. I thought it was supposed to start off easy and get progressively tougher each cap out. I know player count has something to do with the difficulty but it doesn't seem to be uniform on all maps.

How come spawn protection in on for the Zombies on Anvil? I tried repeatedly to set off a shield in archway in front of the tank but I had to back away some to get it to go off. Forget trying to airstrike within the barbed wire fence area. Whatever the issue it wasn't lag or something on my end. It was just too consistent.

Could you explain how one gets points for defense in detail again? I seeing points awarded for flag defense that just don't jive with what I am used to.

The infected seems to have developed one shot one kill. If you are hip deep in bots and the Infected stabs you you die. Regardless of how healthy you are. When did he develop this ability? I don't recall seeing it mentioned in any notes you have released. Also his teleport ability causes momentary lag, at least for me.

module
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by module » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:08 am

Where can I get the server files to download for linux. Your link not working

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Those are client files, not server files.
There are no server files available for download.
It is a proprietary Mod written for TheVille, only to be used on their servers.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Dog wrote:Those are client files, not server files.
There are no server files available for download.
It is a proprietary Mod written for TheVille, only to be used on their servers.
boom shaka laka
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15 pm

When IX went bananas on Saturday it took all my money. I had 79k+ I am now down to 2K+.

We are still having major major lag issues when people connect to play the game. Once when the connect once when the join. Also the Grey Dude is still spawning Emos. I hate being EMOed!

IX when it is running good is a joy to play but my limit on the number of players is about 7. Maybe 8. After that the performances goes down hill really bad. Infected appearing causes some lag issues. Witch's teleport causes lag too sometime. Oddly enough the Hellspawn's fire does not. It just blinds you for a short while. Is there no way to have the fire damage you? Or cause you to become more of a target?

Done whining now. More constructive statements to follow

I was wondering of what the odds might be for the shields and airstrikes on IV to be implemented on IX?

Also wondering if it would be possible on the stats page to have the session broken down even further. X number of Witches killed with y% killed via headshot with what weapon. Like the daily awards but only for that individual.

Really appreciate your hard work Dog. Really enjoy the game. I only play this game and one other now. This one has a majority of my attention. The community for the game is great.

Rred
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rred » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:When IX went bananas on Saturday it took all my money. I had 79k+ I am now down to 2K+.

We are still having major major lag issues when people connect to play the game. Once when the connect once when the join. Also the Grey Dude is still spawning Emos. I hate being EMOed!

IX when it is running good is a joy to play but my limit on the number of players is about 7. Maybe 8. After that the performances goes down hill really bad. Infected appearing causes some lag issues. Witch's teleport causes lag too sometime. Oddly enough the Hellspawn's fire does not. It just blinds you for a short while. Is there no way to have the fire damage you? Or cause you to become more of a target?
Your not alone I feel your pain. 60k poof lol.

Also yea the smoke/particle can be quite heavy but the fire effect do not really much impact. Only time I have issues it staring at smoke with scope besides that my old reliable 5870m's do just fine.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Two new issues today since Steam converted the DOD:Source files...

1) Flag caps happen insanely fast
2) As a skeleton, I can't seem to pick up ammo boxes to reload. I don't know if this is happening with humans or other zombie classes.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Yep.
All hell broke loose with the new update.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:17 pm

VERSION 5.3.000
-- Using the ticket system as used in Co-Op - Allies slowly lose as they continually die
-- Zs can no longer cap flags nor block them - they can still spawn on them - it won't block the cap if there are still Allies on the flag.
-- Capping takes much longer but shortens if more Allies cap together
-- Gas Man gas will act like the Infected One's knife - Allies will slowly lose health until they find a health pack if they have been gassed.
-- Special Zombie weapons will be strengthened a little
-- Health can now be dropped using 'E' or the USE button if you have no airstrike or shield or TNT. It can also be dropped with !drophealth as before.

Tseeneth
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Tseeneth » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 am

Hey Dog...

Do u think it could be possible for you to create a stand alone version of the game, so that we could play offline like any other big company games...
I mean single player...
You could easy sell that one... I would buy it...
I really loved the past years playing against the Zombies...
The last changed made on server IX makes me sad and angry!
It sounds definitely like the end for me online...
If only I could still play the old fashion way... Alone... Without disturbing anyone...
That would be the maxx...

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 pm

What changed that made you sad and angry?
The only major change was that Zombies no longer cap flags.
The ticket system won't affect many players as most people stay alive longer.
Capping is longer, that's for sure, but it adds a challenge.

Tseeneth
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Tseeneth » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Dog wrote: Capping is longer, that's for sure, but it adds a challenge.
Well I was the type of player moving quick and capping the most flags as quickly as I could... Now it forces need to wait other people to hope get one...
I know it sounds selfish but the problem is and as I told once, when you play at certain hours of the night when there are people who don't care about flags, it is really annoying to stay so long waiting to get one... The past weeks I already had often to face two men flags parties when I was alone waiting for someone to come and pick up the damn flags with me...
Last edited by Tseeneth on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm

It's all right.
I'm fixing the flags as we speak.
They were set way too high.
I'll upload the fixes later.