P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Left4DoD

Post by P. E. Logos » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:41 am

I'm really enjoying the new changes. It's sad to see the skeleton get hit with bullets--but I love the sticky idea.
Insofar as the other changes go, I do quite enjoy seeing the witch and the skeleton bounce about.
I think the Gasman and the Anarchist are wonderfully balanced. The changes you've made to the infected one make him harder to spot, (which is wonderful!) I love seeing the UNG get knifed in the back, and I'm just overall quite astonished with this mod.
I haven't logged into regular DOD:S for months and months. Almost forgot it existed. xD
I was playing a bit earlier and ran into an issue. I had players on my team who were camping, but we'd capped out enough that I couldn't move up to capture flags by myself. I know people can't be helped and that there're always going to be campers, but I had an idea. I don't know that it's possible, but is there any way an option could be added to the buy menu?

I'm thinking an individual could purchase a perk that lets them act as though they occupy 2 spaces on a flag instead of one?
I recognize the desire for teamwork when it comes to this game and the community--and I appreciate it, believe me! With the right crowd, there's a ton of cooperation and it wouldn't be needed. But it frustrates me to no end that I push up, run out of ammo and die and there're people hiding in the second story sniper buildings patiently shooting at health bars with their sniper rifles. XD
I cheer every time the gasman hits them. Which is often! And makes me love that bot quite dearly. Like I said, just an idea.

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:14 am

I think a magnet to pull a team mate to the flag would be cool. I don't have a mic to tell them to take two more steps to get on the flag but after pushing through all of the zombies and really driving to get to the flag, why would you just stand next to it and wait for more zombies?

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:19 am

So here are some other things I've noticed--

when playing, if one buys hooch and then a shield or an airstrike, the hooch goes away. Also, if one captures a flag/picks up hooch/adrenaline, there's a good chance when those powerups wear off the bought hooch will wear off immediately as well.
On some maps after you spawn if you move just the slightest bit, you're unable to access the store. Could the store be linked to spawn protection, in that it's accessable whenever you're under spawn protection--and access is removed after spawn protection unless you haven't moved?
Also, I know exactly what you mean George. I usually just spam 'I need backup!' xD

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:18 am

I have a solution for the next update.

Sniper ammo is reduced to 2 clips instead of 10.
This will force them to go fetch ammo. Or ask for donations.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:15 am

Visible wraith?! Way to torpedo my entire killing strategy Dog :)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:53 am

The whole invisibility thing wasn't working the way I intended.
DoDS doesn't have the effects necessary to make this workable.
Ideally, if he was injured, a nice effect would have appeared on the body then disappeared.

Besides, the Infected One is the same thing.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:05 am

Sort of the same, but it's been fun to invisibly hunt players with very low health, and kill them from a distance.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:53 am

Hi Dog. I like the parachute pickups after skelly kill. However, Vetguy brought up that when you pick up the free parachute and then die and spawn at the store it says $50. Is there a way to have forward advance not say $50 when a free pickup was made, or have it say free?

Also, I went on a skelly killing spree and picked up multiple parachutes. Vetguy and I were thinking that maybe if you get more than one pickup from the skelly on one life that maybe it would open up the opportunity to forward advance to a flag NOT capped by Allies...possible?

thx

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 am

I saw that and replaced the parachute pickup with Adrenaline.
It was causing all sorts of headaches....not the Adrenaline...the parachute
:D

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 am

After this update, I'm done for a while to let this one get established.
Fed up changing stuff
:D

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:51 pm

For the love of all that is good and holy and pure, please do not change the current skeleton. It. Is. Perfect.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:58 pm

After playing the skeleton for a while, I am now unable to select it from the store, even though i'm the only human zombie. Meanwhile, JohnWayne is spawning automatically as the UNG, having bought it only once. He even spawned as an UNG after the server changed maps. The server in question is IV.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:19 pm

JohnWayne is also unable to buy the Skeleton or the Emo, however he is constantly spawning as the UNG, regardless of which class he picks.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:27 pm

one last post. I switched to IX, and now I can play the Skeleton. It appears that the grenades slowly reload, but the reloaded ones I seem to be unable to detonate. On IX, I just bought the UNG. Now I spawn as the UNG, no matter which class I pick. Same as JohnWayne on IV.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:33 pm

There is an array bug in the nades.
Fixing it as we speak.

The way the skelly nade will work...you fire 6 nades. If you pick up ammo and get another nade and fire it, the other six undetonated nades will epxlode