<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Left4DoD

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 am

<eVa>mlite wrote:Also as far as the skeleton. He is a 1 punch and out. Is that how he is?
If you can get to your melee fast enough the BOT Skeleton is pretty much a one punch and done. However, the human controlled Skeleton will be jumping in and out of battle and that one punch might be hard to land...unless you're Rico :P

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Very excited about tonight! Just a question, is the smoke screen a one time use? I'm very anxious to try out this new feature!

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:32 pm

It's ON!

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Why off so soon? Only 12:30 CST

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:07 am

We'll do it again some evening.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:29 am

Dog wrote:We'll do it again some evening.
Excited already :lol:

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:47 am

It was pretty damn fun :)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Just an update.
I'm rethinking the the whole Special Infected right now.
We have nine SI, with two that are similar to each other (the Witch and the Skeleton)
Over the next few days, I'm going to change things around a little:

Witch:
She will inherit some of the Skeleton's abilities such as triple jump. Right click will still teleport her.
I'm debating whether to knock her speed back.

Skeleton:
It's right click could be a targetting function. If it right clicks on a target, then the regular Zombies nearby will be directed to that target.
The melee damage only is confusing so many players, especially new one as they try to figure out why it has so much health, when it doesn't.
So I will change the way its health works. The further away the Allied player is, the less damage is done.

Wraith
The invisibility stuff should be tranferred over to the Infected One as that his main ability. Silly to replicate that one. Instead, I'm thinking the Wraith might have another function. Right click on Allied player and it sucks health but right click on an Axis one feeds it health.

The trouble is replication (and lack of creativity on my part). Each SI should be distinct from the others and now that there are nine, the time has come to refine. This plugin is forever in beta!

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Last night was quite enjoyable. Thank you Dog. And I see from your post that you are planning on making more changes. Never one to rest on your laurels eh? If I may give my opinions.

Witch

I don't find her speed all that daunting. Yes she is fast but it is her teleporting that I find deadly. I would like to keep line of sight teleporting with a limited distance using normal vision only not zombie vision. My daughter has a request in that she would like the witch to have more cloths on.

Gas Man

A little too healthy in my opinion. And way to accurate with those gas bombs. He seems able to change trajectory in mid flight. I think he needs a different deployment method for his gas. His gas grenades are very similar to the Anarchist skull grenades. Maybe a new look for him also. He resembles the Anarchist. Perhaps decreased melee damage. He relies on his gas to kill. Perhaps a diminishing return for his gas bomb. Each round an allied player survives with exposure to the gas it has less and less effect on him. Also make the opposite true. Each round an allied play goes with no exposure to the gas he becomes more susceptible to it.

Anarchist
I feel he should be healthier then the gas man. He is carrying heavier items. He is also way too accurate. Melee damage should be increased slightly. He will be stronger then the gas man.

Infected

I can't think of much to do with him. Wish he didn't lock you into place from time to time. Perhaps he could give invisibility to an another player. Why does he resemble Quasimodo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame? Can we get him to stand up straight?

Grey Dude. He is fine excepting that he has an annoying habit of spawning zombies on top of things and people.

Wraith

If you take away his invisibility you are going to have to bump up his health. And slow him down when a human is playing him. No health suck from shoveling just from his beam weapon. Unobstructed line of sight. Can we keep him at the end of his beam weapon. I have seen him basically inside the beam with the beginning of the beam behind him.

UNG

Please bring the head shot damage back. I haven't seen him much since the introduction of the skeleton. But his ability and the Skeletons are identical to all intents and purposes. Excepting for a shield and a mg, a full health UNG can pretty much walk over and through anyone and anything if he can get close enough.

Skeleton.

I would like the invulnerability to all bullets excepting a headshot from a sniper rifle make a comeback. Make that 3 shots to kill. But I would also like to see a knock back or some sort aim affecting response when he is shot with bullets.

EMO

I hate this bot with a passion. I swear the game knows just when to bring him out to frustrate me the most. I could care if he never comes back. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I would reduce the reaction time of all zombies slightly. And have them be sort of single minded. Home in on one player and keep after him until they or the player is dead. We are talking zombies here. There supposed to be mindless. We need one more zombie. A director of sort. A controller. A thinking zombie.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:42 pm

I tried the smoke screen as a zombie today :D It was fantastic watching all of the allies shooting and punching wildly while I snuck away.

Having some trouble picking up zombie jump. Just get stuck on the bottle like I already have it, but I can't spring into the air.

We've also noticed a glitch lately that you may care to ask Blindschleiche about. He's somehow getting prone under the floor at flags. All we can see of him is his hand as he swings. A smokey or shield on the flag doesn't kill him, as he's below the map. Not even sure if he knows it's happening, but it blocks the cap and is a fast death for anyone who treads on him.

I really enjoy playing with the skeleton. My brother just played for the first time today and it took him all of a single encounter to realize there's a reason everyone's running after him with a knife. They're all pretty distinct, in my head. I'm sure we'll all be in awe of anything you decide to do with your mod, but I'd also like to say that it's completely awesome as is.

My brother also said, "I underestimated how addicting this is." :D

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 am

Hiya Dog. I think most of the zombies are fine. Whatever changes you make I just overcome and adapt. The emo does suck, but, it evens out the zombie team power.

I was thinking maybe throw reg DOD:source on one of the servers for a night as a reminder just how bad the game is w/o your modifications.

You know I am a hardcore dod fan and did not like source as it was. I have played dod 1.3 for ten years, but migrated to Source because of your new setup. The ability to play these different characters with their different powers makes the difference.

I know it is a lot of work and we appreciate you keeping up with the suggestions.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:50 am

Thnks Sarge.
Working on a new weapon for the Skelly.
Quite a bit of programming, so hope it works!

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Steam Strikes Again! An update ran and now the servers are on an older protocol so we can't access the servers. Argh! I love these constant steam updates!

And Please NO!! Don't DoD: Source me! I know how good Dog is and appreciate him!

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 pm

I've noticed today that zombie bots are jumping a lot more than usual :]

I was attacked by the skeleton and it jumped on top of me and killed me. For a moment I thought "oh it must be Sarge, Carrot, or Rico," but when I looked at the player list i was surprised to see that it was a bot! Me thinks there will be more jumping zombies in the next update. Looking forward to whatever you are cooking up, Dog.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 pm

UPDATE Version 5.1.220
- Shield now kills Skeletons
- Bot Witch and Skeleton jump into the air when injured
- Human Skeleton now has remotely detonated nades (6) - switch to grenades, right click to detonate - use like TF2 stickies except they don't stick. Killing a Skeleton removes them. They don't work near spawn entrances.
- Wraith is now visible
- Wraith also heals own team - same as suck, but on your own team the colour changes to white to show you are healing. Only can heal if own health is over 80hp.

Will be trying to tweak the strength of the new nades and work on the health of the skeleton.
Hopefully I haven't weakened him too much.

Was thinking how much this is getting like TF2 :lol:
UNG and Wraith = heavy and medic...hehe
- Bullets now kill Skeletons