Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Left4DoD

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Been thinking up new characters. How about one called The Reaper? Almost no health, and cannot replenish health. BUT, he shoots a beam out like the wraith, that instantly kills. He's always fully visible, so he has to sneak around in the shadows, but he's extremely easy to kill if spotted. Maybe limit his number of beam shots to prevent him from being too powerful. Sort of like a zombie sniper.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 pm

ive had a light bulb moment.

if its possible.

at the end of each round and map to give out cash bonuses.

ie. end of round say $5 for most zombies killed, then $10 each class for the most specials killed.

Then at a map end say for the highest killer $1 per kill but they become exempt for the next map so the same person does not get top kill bonus every map (im looking at you Dr Bob) and then say $5 for each cap to the highest capper again they become exempt next map.

just an idea as people are gonna blow loads of cash on the skeleton.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:21 pm

v.o.c wrote:ive had a light bulb moment.

if its possible.

at the end of each round and map to give out cash bonuses.

ie. end of round say $5 for most zombies killed, then $10 each class for the most specials killed.

Then at a map end say for the highest killer $1 per kill but they become exempt for the next map so the same person does not get top kill bonus every map (im looking at you Dr Bob) and then say $5 for each cap to the highest capper again they become exempt next map.

just an idea as people are gonna blow loads of cash on the skeleton.
I had a different idea that I presented to Dog the other day. I like your idea, too.

Hmmm. I don't know which scheme would be better for me, because I sometimes come in top place in all those categories. Cash cow, baby!

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:39 am

HALLOWEEN UPDATE 5.1.000
Parachutes / Forward Advance
For Allies only.
At spawn, you can buy a Parachute and then use it to get into the thick of the action.
At spawn, you will be given a choice of flags to be transported to on a menu.
If your team has captured a flag, you can parachute above it and land there.
Can only be used within spawn limits.
You can fire your weapon as you descend, but remember the Zombies will see you as you fall and will be waiting for you...

Purchases extend through maps
For Allies only.
Purchases will now extend across map changes.
Only applies to airstrikes, shields and parachutes, so far. Will consider extending to weapons and armour later.

The Skeleton
A new Zombie!
The skeleton is a knife wielding Zombie with low health (150hp).
Bullets, shields, fire and grenades will not kill it and it can only be killed with melee damage.
Since he's a skeleton and see-through, kinda, he's harder to see in the dark.
So don't get all secure behind your pretty little green laser shield, cos he's a-comin' through!

Two new maps
Familiar yet different!
Jagd and Colmar are usually detonation maps. However, we shall be using the CTF versions which work really well with Left4DoD!

Two new drops
'Adrenaline' is a cross between Pills and Hooch. You get the speed and the 500hp health....but only for 15 seconds!

'Zombie Jump' is a drop left behind by the skeleton. This will drop will last until you die. You will be able to double jump to higher places and evade Zombies. Just don't pick up Hooch as it will make you jump lower! One word of warning. Unlike the Zombies, you are NOT immune to fall damage and jumping to the heights that Zombies get to, can often mean death for you when you come back down, so use it carefully!

Smoke Screen
Zombies running away can drop a smoke screen, confusing their enemies.
Press 'E' or +USE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixes
+ Losing money: the game server will stay connected to the stats server

+ Fixed the witch invisibility bug (Aardvark/Moonshine)

+ Removed the jump smoke trail for Zombies in Limbo (before spawn)

+ Voice icons no longer appear overhead when players talk (mp_show_voice_icon) - this is to help human Zombies in limbo

+ Turbophysics is now turned off. This means that barricading is not possible but it also means the bots won't get stuck behind props. This mod was never about barricading anyway.

+ TNT is no longer visible to human Zombies - they will see it thrown, but then it will disappear

+ Fixed the Radio. Say !radio to use. Say !off to stop using

+ Recording a demo will not trigger the AFK monitor

+ Added refunds to anyone who has bought UNG or Emo and then gets team swapped

+ Capped Allied health at 500hp - due to bug in health pickup (Dr Bob)

+ Reduced cost of UNG

+ Double jumping will prevent rockets targeting human Zombies (VetGuy)

+ Removed headshot damage for the UNG (bug)

+ Furniture is now fixed and won't block doors etc during air strikes

+ Turned off stats reporting in console since hit damage reports were incorrect

+ Fixed a bug where human Zombies switching teams would have screen malfunctions (Sarge)

+ Kill Stats now reset every round instead of being cumulative

+ Top kill stats players get bonus money (voc)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:40 am

Monday Night 5.30pm CST
Halloween drops begin!

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:16 am

Dog wrote:Monday Night 5.30pm CST
Halloween drops begin!
Can't wait :D
and that is quite the update. You've been hard at work, Dog. Can't thank you enough.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:19 pm

I don't know if this has been caught by anyone or not. At the end of the round it would say that I had kill the skeleton something like 503 times. That can't be right. Even if we combine his death with mine it still doesn't add up. Maybe if we took everyone's combined death and kill of the skeleton it would add up. And if wasn't just me with the weird number of kills on the skeleton.

If we bring in 1 dollar for every kill based on the after round score board that makes it $503! This only showed up on the after round score board thing. The actual overall score board is unaffected. Can't duplicate right now cause I haven't seen the skeleton again since Wednesday. And were did the server in New York go? XI was it? I know it was under populated most of the time but I was hoping it would stick around and may be grow on people.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I don't know if this has been caught by anyone or not. At the end of the round it would say that I had kill the skeleton something like 503 times. That can't be right. Even if we combine his death with mine it still doesn't add up. Maybe if we took everyone's combined death and kill of the skeleton it would add up. And if wasn't just me with the weird number of kills on the skeleton.
Cumulative kills are no longer. It is by round. They used to add up and be cumulative as the map progressed. But not any more.
Can't duplicate right now cause I haven't seen the skeleton again since Wednesday. And were did the server in New York go? XI was it? I know it was under populated most of the time but I was hoping it would stick around and may be grow on people.
It is down at the moment. Trying to find out why.

Just saw the skeleton on IV so it's running fine.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I don't know if this has been caught by anyone or not. At the end of the round it would say that I had kill the skeleton something like 503 times. That can't be right. Even if we combine his death with mine it still doesn't add up. Maybe if we took everyone's combined death and kill of the skeleton it would add up. And if wasn't just me with the weird number of kills on the skeleton.
It said Fouquin had killed 637 skeletons the other night. Whereas it would probably be more accurate to say he'd done about 637 damage to skeletons over the entire map :lol: Will keep an eye out to see if it's still going after it no longer accumulates over the map.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for the continued work dog, you da man.

a little story that made me giggle today whilst visiting the mrs nan, my 2 boys (4 and 5 yrs) running around in the dinning room. I was not really watching them until i ear the 5 year old say. ohno only two more flags to cap. i then turned to watch them. The youngest was walking like a zombie and chasing after the older 1. about an hour later im in the bag garden having a ciggie when the youngest 1 come out after rooting around a bit he found a pine cone. he the threw it up the garden then pretended to get blown up. i asked him what he was doing he said i found a nade.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:59 pm

:rofl:

Nice!
I only uploaded the change last night but will check the code.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:10 pm

don't see the scoreboard any more after the round cap for the allies. did you take that away.

VOC. Your children watch you play? Does the Mrs VOC object? Mine does. Won't let me 11 year watch any more. When she could watch her main objection was that she saw the Witch as naked! She was scandalized. She demanded that I tell the witch to put on more cloths. It didn't matter to her that I could do no such thing. I am daddy and I am supposed to fix all that is wrong in the world in her eyes.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:58 pm

v.o.c wrote:Thanks for the continued work dog, you da man.

a little story that made me giggle today whilst visiting the mrs nan, my 2 boys (4 and 5 yrs) running around in the dinning room. I was not really watching them until i ear the 5 year old say. ohno only two more flags to cap. i then turned to watch them. The youngest was walking like a zombie and chasing after the older 1. about an hour later im in the bag garden having a ciggie when the youngest 1 come out after rooting around a bit he found a pine cone. he the threw it up the garden then pretended to get blown up. i asked him what he was doing he said i found a nade.

LAWL!

That's awesome. Mine are keeping the "dammit" tally - every time I say "dammit" (usually when I die), they write it down.

:)

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:don't see the scoreboard any more after the round cap for the allies. did you take that away.

VOC. Your children watch you play? Does the Mrs VOC object? Mine does. Won't let me 11 year watch any more. When she could watch her main objection was that she saw the Witch as naked! She was scandalized. She demanded that I tell the witch to put on more cloths. It didn't matter to her that I could do no such thing. I am daddy and I am supposed to fix all that is wrong in the world in her eyes.
Women can be sensitive. My 11, 9 and 5 year old (boy,boy,girl) play the Zombie mod. Some people can be over-protective IMO.

What will your 11 year old do when they run up against a Zombie when they get older...
I believe they will be ill prepared... :P

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:08 am

I am not one to really complain about how the games is set up. But I have to make an exception today. While playing dod_jagd_ctf1 there was 8 allies, and all of a sudden flag caps jumped to 3 man caps.
While that can be useful when the player count is in the double digits, it left a foul smell in the air as we tried to cap; And couldn't.

Also as far as the skeleton. He is a 1 punch and out. Is that how he is?