Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Left4DoD

Post by Dog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Will fix the Wraith bug....max health will be 500hp.

I'm not doing the skeleton regeneration thing. I increased the jumps so he can jump in, do damage then run away.
I also lower the skeleton's health.
And I added the damage back to Allies triple jumps. Playing last night, it was obvious some people were going to use it. They can still triple jump but if they try to get down, they will die.

Keep the ideas coming. I'm leaving a lot of the new suggestions to the next update as I'm trying to tweak the skeleton before it unbalances the servers completely.

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:03 pm

To me, the closest thing to a shotgun in the game is the no scope K98 sniper rifle. Its not accurate from long distances (using my dry erase red sight :] ), but at close range it is accurate enough, and if i line them up right, I can take down about 3-4 zombies at once when they are close enough. But I do like the idea of modifying the regular K98 some how since not a lot of people use it in the game due to its limited rate of fire and damage.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:29 pm

I can help with the Skeleton balance thing, if you need another body.
Dog wrote:Will fix the Wraith bug....max health will be 500hp.

I'm not doing the skeleton regeneration thing. I increased the jumps so he can jump in, do damage then run away.
I also lower the skeleton's health.
And I added the damage back to Allies triple jumps. Playing last night, it was obvious some people were going to use it. They can still triple jump but if they try to get down, they will die.

Keep the ideas coming. I'm leaving a lot of the new suggestions to the next update as I'm trying to tweak the skeleton before it unbalances the servers completely.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Dog I played the skeleton tonight and it is much betterer. :P

Makes it like you said, jumps in and jumps out to create mayhem. The triple jump with the stamina is a great combo. :clap:

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Carrot noticed a bug when on Zombies: Play as zombie for one death, try to switch to Allies and you get stuck as Allied in Zombie spawn.

I confirmed after it happened to Carrot. I had long arms too :) Had to switch back to Zombies to correct.
Here is a snaphot:

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Same thing happened to me the other night. What I think is happening is that you're trying to switch sides btween death and respawn, and I don't think the game like it. If you wait until you spawn again, you don't get "stuck".

I think - I haven't repeated it successfully due to the instantaneous respawn of the zombies.
<eVa> + Sarge + wrote:Carrot noticed a bug when on Zombies: Play as zombie for one death, try to switch to Allies and you get stuck as Allied in Zombie spawn.

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:08 pm

I've had that happen to me before too!

Oh, and another thing. I love the Adrenaline drop, it was a great addition. It's very useful, but you can't accumulate tons and tons of health with it.

As far as the shotgun goes, I think that would be pretty awesome to incorporate somehow--if not as a primary weapon, perhaps you could choose to buy it for your secondary slot? Mod the Carbine so it's a shotgun, and then buy it for the entire map to make it cost-effective.. that'd be my idea, anyway.
Doesn't even need to be a secondary, either, it could be any weapon really so long as the person who buys the perk in the store knows what they're doing. I do like the idea, if its possible. I'd suggest implimenting a fair amount of recoil to make certain that its a balanced addition.
Oh, and because I haven't said it yet--I love the new map additions!

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Discovered something interesting late last night with a few players. With the Grey Dude, right when one spawns and holds down the right click, it will keep spawning zombies. Last night this other player playing the grey dude was able to spawn about 4 pairs of zombies on me within a 5 second time frame. I wasn't able to replicate it myself, but Sarge was able to do it earlier today. This player (i forget his name) also told me that it also applies to the other classes as well (ie gasman & anarchist bombs).

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:56 pm

I know about it.
It is a problem with SourceMod not being as quick as the game engine.

But it's ok. Their weapons are limited in number (e.g. 5 zombie spawns for the GD) so it's not too bad.
If it becomes an epidemic and everyone starts doing it, their weapon 'ammo' will be much reduced at spawn and picking up ammo will only replenish it a little.

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:25 am

Got to ten consecutive cap outs on Donner tonight with just the good Dr. Bob.
Those Grey Dudes are fierce!

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 am

Quick note on the Skeleton...

It's friggin' awesome! I was alive for 10 minutes straight bobbing and weaving out of the Allied caps, destroying their hopes and dreams of a 2 man cap. They end up beating the snot out of each other. The best is the bridge on Colmar. Get a running jump from below, super jump up on top, reset the cap, get a few shanks in and then run for the next flag...

I will have to admit, after I got the triple jump down, Allies were getting a little po'd at how hard it was to get me. But some loved the challenge. :P

And for the Grey Dude, I tried what Moonshine said and it seems it will spawn 4 sometimes but only counts as one out of the 9.
Besides loading up the area with easy to kill minions, it didn't seem to change the game at all.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:01 am

Another issue I heard about today was the high cost of the pills.
And was wondering if the price could be reduced?

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:05 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:Another issue I heard about today was the high cost of the pills.
And was wondering if the price could be reduced?
Agreed. I know it can be frustrating to see the allies running out of spawn with tons of health, but I rarely make enough money in a round with pills to pay off buying a 60 dollar bottle, let alone a $250 one. That's nearly a buck per health point and they only afford you an extra couple seconds once you're pinned. I just stopped buying them, to be honest :?

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:56 pm

My likes about the skeleton, like sarge said is the jump in cause panic and jump out. the triple jump can be useful when been hunted by some knife wielding allies just jump on to a high spot and watch them shoot at you trying to get you down, i never really played zombies until we got steve the skeleton.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:05 pm

IV at 3:54 PM CST went nuts :) we're getting between 300 and 600 pings. Took a screenshot of everyone's pings for you