George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Left4DoD

Post by George » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:07 am

Dog wrote:The BAR is more fun now with a huge knockback, and the Garand and K98 also have increased knock back.:D
That explains why I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! I found myself shooting straight up a lot!

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:23 am

Not recoil.
Knockback.
Knockback is when you kill a player and the ragdoll goes further than normal.

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:04 am

Ah, okay. So I really do just suck!

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 am

The bar has always been a tough weapon to get a good handle on. To counteract the recoil go into a crouch or if standing up move the mouse forward while firing. This will keep the bar stabilized somewhat, making for better hits.

I will keep the MP40 or Thompson so I can Tyson the skeletons :)

Thanks for the new maps Dog!

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am

yeah thanks for the new maps love jagd, i assume capture the flag removes the tnt aspect.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Not to ruin the Allies fun but I think Colmer may be just a little too big for Zombies. Or at least bots only zombies. Just got through playing it and the allies steamrolled the zombies something like 6 to 0. Even 3 man cap did not stop us. Slowed us down, yes but didn't stop us. Even a human zombie player didn't stop us. I love the snow and the atmosphere of that map. It is great. Performance was beautiful. Hardly any lag. No weird stuff. I miss the tank at the second though. Just feels a little odd to have that big empty space there.

All in all whatever you have done has improved, at least for me, the overall performance of the game. Still hate the EMO. Gasman, Anarchist and Grey dude still give me fits with twilight zone shots. Kalt just plain stinks out loud. I have all but given up on capping the last flag with any amount of players in the game. Performance is just awful at the Allied 5th flag. Too many odd ball stuff happens there.

UNG is just a little too attentive to its surroundings and quick to react for my taste. But oh well. You know for a big guy he is very agile. Climbs over thing really well and quick like too! Who would have thought that he could do all that climbing at his size.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:17 pm

I may need to spend an hour or two redoing the waypoints for Colmar.
I felt they were too loose too.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:31 am

a little feed back on mr skeleton (steve i like to call him)

1. needs to be a little faster, very effective providing you've got minions around but 1 on 1 easy an easy kill. I found that if you can attack whilst with other zombies they all go melee and it allows the other zombies to do the dirty work.

2. getting slowed down by fire and shots is to much, at times if you got people shooting at you, you pretty much cant do anything you cant stork them and you cant run away fast enough.

3. he maybe needs a right click option, not sure what yet though. I feel in his current form he is not as scary as he could be. i am more wary of the wraith.

Fun points.

walking up to a mg 42 and stabbing him in the face. (awsome) having 6 or seven players chasing you halfway across the map with knives out only for them to turn the corner to be confronted with a load of zombie. But best of all is been in the middle of a few allies only to run off again and see them punching the hell out of each other in sheer panic mode.

also like to add that there was very positive feed back from the allies about the new dynamic the melee brings to the game.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:55 am

I mentioned to Dog last night about the skeletons speed.

He gets tired quick like the Allies. He needs to be faster I think and not run out of steam.
Maybe up the health a bit too. One punch to the face was sending the $150 to buy him into the toilet :P

Carrot and I were creating mayhem as the "Skeletwins" early on before everyone caught on to the melee requirement. :lol:
When we were at the same place at the same time we could clear out an eight man cap try.
Mg's do not stand a chance, but their team mates were there to help for the most part.

I like your idea dog for the skeleton drop, the single cap pickup. But if the skeleton is made to be a real killer then maybe a more better pickup as a trophy.
Last edited by <eVa> + Sarge + on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:12 am

Someone asked what the Skeleton power is going to be. I thought about it last night and he is going to have regeneration.
He can run away (and can't be killed with bullets), find a wee nook, press +USE and wait 5 seconds, regenerate health and return to the fray. I'm also going to give him jumping skills and have max stamina. I think the health of the skelly is fine, especially if he has regenerative health.

As for the drop, I might drop adrenaline which is like a less powerful bottle of pills...gives you max health and an increase in speed (not fast like hooch) for 15 seconds, after which you return to the original health and speed...

If the UNG is uber powered, then I might change his drop to pills.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Played Jagd tonight it was fun. Seems darker. I know you like having multiple locations for zombie spawning. It certainly seemed like they were everywhere. Hopefully more play will help figure out where. Could you have it snow part way through the map? I really like the snow on Colmer. It adds, at least for me, to the Eeriness.

Again, much like Colmer, this map may be too big for Bot Zombies. Even with a human player or two it still might be too big.

Play was again smoother then normal for me tonight on Jagd. Not so much for the rest of the maps. Kalt again being the worst performer.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:05 am

How about a shotgun? Something 1 shot 1 kill, but only at shorter ranges.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:36 am

We can't add new guns as they are hard coded into the game, but I can change a k98 or a garand.
For example, buy a shotgun mod for a k98.
You still have the k98 model but it acts differently - e.g. each shot takes four bullets and only damages at short range.. with a shotgun sound.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Makes sense, that would be cool.

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:45 pm

First of all? I'm thrilled with the way the game is going.
I like the balance its working towards. I like the addition of the skeleton. I'm really looking forward to the Halloween event. I've really been enjoying getting back into the swing of things, and I've missed the community itself quite a bit.

Here're a few things I'd like to note/suggest, if I may. :)

When playing as a wraith, if one gets to the max health cap... then one falls into the floor. It's as if you're playing prone. It effects your aim, your perception of where you are vs. where you actually are, and just generally is bewildering. People still see you normally (and shoot you normally, too). When shot, your HP drops and you're suddenly back to a normal vision.
Also, thoughts on the skeleton.

At first, I seriously disliked this addition--simply because it made me rethink the way I play. Can't run an assault class with a BAR and molotov/nade/carbine, because there's no melee damage anywhere.

Now, though, I really enjoy the challenge. A quick switch to Thompson for punching when someone's playing skeleton, and I've learned to be a little more capable.
I do believe firing bullets should still slow him down. If a team can coordinate fire on a skeleton and cooperate to bring it down, why is that a problem? :P I feel like since he's got a powerful ability, he deserves some checks and balances.
My only thought to the health regen thing would be considering letting him generate as much HP as a wraith--but the more heath he has, the slower he walks. However, it's just an idea--I know his objective isn't to be a tank, so its probably a moot one.
Anyway! Thanks for all your hard work, Dog, and much love for the community.

--one other thing to think about?
Triple jump for allies allows allied soldiers to get into some insanely obscure camping sites. If there's one thing I can't stand, its campers. xD