TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: September MeleeMania Matchups

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:57 pm

Please include that in the verbiage then. If I had known that signing up would not guarantee me a spot, I wouldn't have signed up. Typically, when you have a set number of slots available, you have people sign up until they are filled and THEN you assign matchups. As I see now, that's not how it works here.

Am I upset? You bet I am. I really like playing in MM. When I saw the signup thread, I got excited and made an effort to sign up early. Now I get the rude awakening that I didn't make it. MM is fun, damnit, and I want to play.

Should I keep my "negative" attitude to myself? Probably. However, I feel it's in the best interest of TVB to inform people that, even though they signed up, they may not get a spot.

I'll leave it at that.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:07 pm

Copied from the MeleeMania rulebook:

For the remaining slots, players who did not get to play the previous month will get preference.

You were present last month were you not?

Don't get mad.

There's always next month.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:23 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="119707"]
For the remaining slots, players who did not get to play the previous month will get preference.
[/quote]

There needs to be a clarification in the rules, then. Reading that, I see that the people who did not get to play the previous month get priority, not the people who didn't even sign up last month and have signed up for the first time this month. One would think that, if someone has signed up for the first time, they would have a lower priority that people who have consistently shown up, right? I mean, there's always next month, right? If they sign up for the first time this month, they will get priority next month ahead of the people who always sign up.

I'd feel much more comfortable bowing out for someone who signed up last month but didn't get to play than to someone who signed up for the first time this month. After all, the priority goes to people who didn't get to play, not people who didn't bother to sign up last month. How is that fair to the regulars?

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:27 pm

[quote="TTHREAZ";p="119710"][quote="TheCarpe";p="119707"]
[/quote]

There needs to be a clarification in the rules, then. Reading that, I see that the people who did not get to play the previous month get priority, not the people who didn't even sign up last month and have signed up for the first time this month. One would think that, if someone has signed up for the first time, they would have a lower priority that people who have consistently shown up, right? I mean, there's always next month, right? If they sign up for the first time this month, they will get priority next month ahead of the people who always sign up.

I'd feel much more comfortable bowing out for someone who signed up last month but didn't get to play than to someone who signed up for the first time this month. After all, the priority goes to people who didn't get to play, not people who didn't bother to sign up last month. How is that fair to the regulars?[/quote]

So, we should exclude people who have not played before? I think people who have not participated before should get preference, get more people involved. I'm in because I used my Golden Ticket, chances are I wouldn't be here without it as I was in the last couple MM's. That's just the way it goes.

You're making too much of it. Sometimes you make it, sometimes you don't there is always next month.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:37 pm

And I'm just saying that there should be a clarification. I'm saying something because I care about it. If I didn't care about it, I wouldn't even bother.

What happens when you get 2x or 3x the people signing up for it? Have there been plans to have a bigger event? If not, more and more people will be bummed for not being able to play than just little old, vocal, me.

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:49 am

[quote="TTHREAZ";p="119715"]
And I'm just saying that there should be a clarification. I'm saying something because I care about it. If I didn't care about it, I wouldn't even bother.

What happens when you get 2x or 3x the people signing up for it? Have there been plans to have a bigger event? If not, more and more people will be bummed for not being able to play than just little old, vocal, me.
[/quote]
Yeah, its totally a bummer man, but remember there is always next month. Look at me, I'm an alt too and I dont mind.

Plus, dont fret there seems to be atleast 1 alt that gets to play each month. plans change, we'll see come MM

Thorn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Thorn » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:13 am

I've signed up 3 times, only got into the main bracket once, but I had to cancel because of work. What ever the case may be, I am sure people at the ville here try to be as fair as possible TTHREAZ, they are not out to get you

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:07 am

I continue to be pleased and flattered at the high level of interest and excitement MeleeMania generates. Unfortunately, it has always been impossible to accommodate everyone who signs up. All we can do is try and give everyone a shot to participate in at least one MeleeMania.

Participants are not judged by their status as "regulars", "veterans" or other similar type of standing. TVB HAL was not programmed that way. All villuns receive the same consideration for participation.

This month was especially difficult as we had a couple of golden tickets, in addition to the four reserved slots for the champ and the finalists. That left only 12 slots including the alts.

The only assurance I can give is that, as long as villuns want to play in MeleeManias, the MeleeMania crew will be here to provide it. We have two more classes to go after this one. Even so, if villuns demand MeleeManias in the future, I think it's safe to say that TVB would be more than happy to oblige.

To all the folks who didn't get a spot this time, rest assured. There will be more MeleeManias. I sincerely wish there was a way to include everyone who signed up.

Thank you for your interest and understanding. :)

-DOW

A note to the alts: I believe at least one alt has been selected to play in every MeleeMania thus far; however, you can't play if you ain't there.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 am

Well, well Carpe. It seems that we'll get to settle this once and for all.

Infusions
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Infusions » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:16 am

I want to join as an audience member, go Engineer or Scout, and constantly shout jeers while running around the arena.

That'll boost up everyone's confidence.
[url=http://lolschach.blogspot.com/][img]http://g.imagehost.org/0572/LOL_6.png[/img][/url]

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm OK today. I was a little peeved last night.

What makes it even more unfortunate is the fact that you only do a class once. I will never get to play Soldier. I have to live with that. I had music picked out and everything. True, there's always next month but it won't be Soldier.

That's why I was ticked.

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:13 pm

[quote="Infusions";p="119792"]
I want to join as an audience member, go Engineer or Scout, and constantly shout jeers while running around the arena.

That'll boost up everyone's confidence.
[/quote]

thats what I do :lol:

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:22 pm

[quote="TTHREAZ";p="119801"]I'm OK today. I was a little peeved last night.

What makes it even more unfortunate is the fact that you only do a class once. I will never get to play Soldier. I have to live with that. I had music picked out and everything. True, there's always next month but it won't be Soldier.

That's why I was ticked.[/quote]
Well there are only 9 classes, so after that they'll probably do the classes again...

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:52 pm

[quote="Stevo";p="119811"]
[quote="TTHREAZ";p="119801"]I'm OK today. I was a little peeved last night.

That's why I was ticked.[/quote]
Well there are only 9 classes, so after that they'll probably do the classes again...
[/quote]

thats what I'd figgured too

Darkxide
Villun
Villun

Post by Darkxide » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:05 am

Who's TYO again? (case of the dumb on my part; the person to send the song to.

Plus, I need to find a good song.

When does it begin?!
[img]http://tthreaz.bugsprae.com/TF2/Darkxide_Cube.jpg[/img]
[i]In their last moments, people who you who they really are... Would you like to know which of your friends were cowards?[/i]
[b]Member of Team 7, winners of the 2008 Engy Warz.[/b]
Things to conquer: 1) [you] 2) The World 3) Domino's