Moderator: Site Admins

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:08 pm

still cant believe I lost with a do-over AND a mulligan. Raketemensch got some serious crits.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: September MeleeMania Matchups

Post by abiscuit » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 pm

So far that mulligan has been a curse. No one has used it in a match and won.

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:23 am

I had a GREAT time, for the most part...the crazy theme songs, the goofing around...

...the wave after wave of synchronised screaming soldiers... |D

I just can't help but feel a little disappointed with my actual match.

Every time
Buzzy killed me, it was a crit. Seriously, the 4 rounds we had lasted like 3 seconds each, because her second or third swing was always a crit.

I know it's meant to be fun and silly (I love fun and silly) but you can't honestly say it's not atleast a LITTLE bit frustrating to be wiped out immediately because your opponent "got lucky" (3 times).

Buzzy is a long time friend of mine, and I was excited that my very first Meleemania match ever would be against her of all people. Instead, it was extremely anticlimactic.

But hey, I'm not one to dwell on negatives. Aside from that one low point, it was a superb evening! (Or rather, late morning - early afternoon, Australia time, lol)

Looking forward to the next Meleemania, which will hopefully not have as many crits...
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:38 am

[quote="Flobee";p="122783"]I had a GREAT time, for the most part...the crazy theme songs, the goofing around...

...the wave after wave of synchronised screaming soldiers... |D

I just can't help but feel a little disappointed with my actual match.

Every time
Buzzy killed me, it was a crit. Seriously, the 4 rounds we had lasted like 3 seconds each, because her second or third swing was always a crit.

I know it's meant to be fun and silly (I love fun and silly) but you can't honestly say it's not atleast a LITTLE bit frustrating to be wiped out immediately because your opponent "got lucky" (3 times).

Buzzy is a long time friend of mine, and I was excited that my very first Meleemania match ever would be against her of all people. Instead, it was extremely anticlimactic.

But hey, I'm not one to dwell on negatives. Aside from that one low point, it was a superb evening! (Or rather, late morning - early afternoon, Australia time, lol)

Looking forward to the next Meleemania, which will hopefully not have as many crits...[/quote]

Haha tell me about it. Crits have been the reason that I'm the "losingest" person in melee mania. My first round with Clay was dead even until the end because we didn't crit. Then he got all those crits in a row the last 3 rounds. Not to take anything from Clay, he's really good. I just think we would have been more even had I not been critted.

Either way, melee mania is always a good time. I was laughing really hard during my music and the sync screaming. Fun stuff.

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:41 am

Ah, the crits raise their ugly head again! :twisted:

We actually ran a poll a few months back to see if players wanted us to disable crits for MeleeMania. We were kind of surprised, but they chose to keep crits.
"After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet," stating that Yorke was once rude to him." - from Wikipedia

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:48 am

I know. I was one of the few that voted NO on crits.

And its because of this that I some how think it's no coincidence that I would get dominated by crits come my first actual Meleemania. |D
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:53 am

Crits are a fickle mistress. Sometimes you give em, sometimes you get em. Yarr.

Anyway good games ferret and masterchef.

Thank you TYO, biscuit, DOW, JCoM, and everyone else involved in putting the event together. It was a blast.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

JohnCarterofMars
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Ville Awards

Post by JohnCarterofMars » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:12 am

wewt!!! i would like to apologize to anyone who was bounced last night, but the fighting and flaring from the stands was getting out of hand. without of meleemania bouncer there, the villuns got a little more crazy than usual. just keep in mind the kicks and bombings were a way of keeping the matches moving and reducing the random mishaps that cause redos during the actual bouts.

as to the crits, its been an ongoing discussion for awhile. I was knocked out of the quarter finals by crits. but hey they are part of TF2 so we have to deal with them.

maybe there is a way to make the bouts crit free and it can be setup for a special meleemania. like one where you pick the class before you go into the ring... well looking forward to the next one thanks again to all of you for making this possible!

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:47 am

Remember that suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. We take them all into consideration, and tweak things a little every month to try to make the event more fun for everybody!
"After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet," stating that Yorke was once rude to him." - from Wikipedia

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:37 pm

[quote="JohnCarterofMars";p="122798"]wewt!!! i would like to apologize to anyone who was bounced last night, but the fighting and flaring from the stands was getting out of hand. without of meleemania bouncer there, the villuns got a little more crazy than usual. just keep in mind the kicks and bombings were a way of keeping the matches moving and reducing the random mishaps that cause redos during the actual bouts.[/quote]

Yeah, me and araris got a little antsy. the synchronized screams made me laugh almost to the point of crying.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Sorry I bailed so early last night, guys. My ISP has oversold their bandwidth so I get a real nice juicy high ping during peak hours now. That and I lost to a crit so I was a little grumpy. Don't think I hate you guys. :(

I'm glad I got to participate. Thanks for giving me the opportunity.

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:35 pm

Hey, I did not get antsy with the attacking.....>_<

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:54 pm

This MM was a little too boisterous. TYO needs to be able to announce fighters and give the fight command. The fighting, flaring and spamming make it difficult to get through the tournament. It's also distracting and inconsiderate to the fighters in the ring.

That being said, it was a lot of fun again! Thanks to all who participated!

My favorite part was when we got a surprise visit from Red Seal.

"RedSeal connected from Iraq".... :shock: HOLY CRAP!!!

I think he had a 600+ ping. :lol:

It was good to see ya, Red! :)
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Darkxide
Villun
Villun

Post by Darkxide » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:48 pm

The last thing I was expecting was getting through round one alive.

The even MORE last thing was facing off with Carpe of all people.

Just flat-out unfair. XD

Good game though all in all, everyone! I shall see you all at the next meleemania, MAGGOTS.
[img]http://tthreaz.bugsprae.com/TF2/Darkxide_Cube.jpg[/img]
[i]In their last moments, people who you who they really are... Would you like to know which of your friends were cowards?[/i]
[b]Member of Team 7, winners of the 2008 Engy Warz.[/b]
Things to conquer: 1) [you] 2) The World 3) Domino's

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:59 pm

grats to carpe for the win!
sorry i couldnt stay to watch the rest of the matches :(