Moderator: Site Admins

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 am

I PM'd the rest of team 6. I can't make next Sat, but it's up to them.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TVR Soccer Tourney

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:09 am

Might I make a suggestion. Since this was Jim Beam's project from the start and since Dog has life to live, maybe, just maybe, we could schedule this for a later date so that Jim Beam could at least be able to watch the Gold Medal Round.

No firm dates, when Jim gets back, since it's his tourney, let him and Dog work out the details of the final round and then inform the teams instead of the teams dictating the schedule.

My two cents, you can now go back to your normally scheduled program.
Image[/center]

MrHat
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrHat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:40 am

WOW...I did not expect this date change request to stir up so much emotion.

Regardless of my teams scheduling problem, I like Hammers suggestion. Of course it will relieve our Team 2 dilemma, but more importantly it will allow Dog to be with his family...which is really where he should be regardless. Dog your a good man. But real life should come first IMHO.

If there is no choice, we will do our best to field a team for this Saturday, it may involve using a few subs but we'll get it done. I sincerely hope Team 6 will allow the reschedule and help everyone out of this situation.
[img]http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s335/TopHatDesign/HatSig.png[/img]

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:56 am

I would be really happy if the game was rescheduled, but I can understand this event was probably planned out for a while, and a change would cause trouble. If the game has to go on, avenge my absence.

austin
Villun
Villun

Post by austin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:18 am

I can't say I'm speaking for the team, but personally, I will be fine with playing the final whenever it is set
[align=center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/McMandy/TF2/SeisItAintSoAustin.jpg[/img][/align]

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:26 am

Well if Team 6 can't decide by tonight, we'll just go with Hammer's plan and wait for JB to come back. I think he'd want to see the final at least. :)

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Well ill chim with my opinion since I can do this at work during my off block. I will not have internet at my house until next week some time even though I have had power since sunday. This will probely seal that I will no longer use timewarner since they will not comp anything even though I havent had internet for 3 weeks. Any how now that everyone is caught I would say that you should have let us know with more than 2 days notice. I know this comes off like the a** that I am but I am not having a good day for reasone that I dont want to get madder about. I would say it needs to happen tomorrow. If enought people are willing to change it and it works with everyones schedule thats fine with me. If the powers that be(being stevo hammer and dog) are not informes by lets say a 24 hour period/ 7 tonight central the match must be played tomorrow. Trust me if I get still get stuff organized with what I have to do anyone can. I am sorry if this comes off rude to the people involved but this is just how I am. I hope the situation can get resolved in a manner that is benificial to everyone.
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, since I'm one of those powers that be, I say we should let Dog carry on with real life, let the two teams get organized, and have this match somewhere down the road when all participants can including Jim Beam, attend.

Seems as though, in my communications with JB today, we haven't exactly carried out this tournament in the spirit he intended. So, I think it's only right that he at least get to referee the Gold Medal Match to his standards.

Maybe, if we twist his arm, we can get a Silver and Bronze match too.
Image[/center]

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:40 pm

I dont care what happens :P the longer its off, the better for me :D maybe i'll be done with my secret map by then... its getting closer and closer, i spent 2 hours on it the other day and got alot done.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:18 pm

I'm OK with pushing it off to a later date.

MrHat
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrHat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:37 pm

We are going with Hammer's plan then? No finals This Saturday, The Date will be announced after we know JB's internet situation is resolved....am i correct?

@JB- we had a similar situation here with comcast - we had no cable or internet for several weeks after katrina....after stating there would be no credits or adjustments due to lost services, both the local electric company and comcast gave everyone that lost any service a full month's credit.....let's hope they make it right on your end too
[img]http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s335/TopHatDesign/HatSig.png[/img]

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:43 pm

Okay, it's settled,

Finals Are Suspended Until A Later Date Due To Hurricane Ike Hindering Jim Beam's Internet Connection. A Post Will Be Made Sometime In October Concerning This Event
Image[/center]

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Thank You

Rigges Captain VST-2 Team 2 CUBE'N CAPRA'S
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Sorry I've replied so late. Since my other half drives truck, we're out on the road for 5 days straight and I don't get a chance to check the forums until the weekends. Even though the decision has been made just wanted to pitch in that holding it off is okay with me. Next Saturday is too late of a notice for me, already have plans. I like Hammer's idea. :)

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Finals will be on Saturday OCT 11th at 8pm central/ville time. At 7pm central/ville time there will be a bronze medal match between teams Orange bipoler bears and Cashboxsfault since they are the team that have the next best scores(also means I get to play in a game). Team captain please contact me asap for final match rules and if you are nice the map. This WILL BE THE FINAL WEEKEND. If your team is unable to play they will forfeit and the next place team will move into the match. This WILL NOT go into November and is the last free weekend in october I have. Thank you and have a great day.
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation