Moderator: Site Admins

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 am

[quote="l3eeron";p="72360"]heya Nucky..

(ignore if you already know this! lol)
If you do end up making a little vid clip, a cool little trick when you replay your demo:

- turn cheats on
sv_cheats 1

- Turn HUD off
cl_drawhud 0

- Turn weapon model/hands off
r_drawviewmodel 0

this will get rid of all the yucky spam going on, it will be a full screen of nothing but the game! :D

* also, when you replay demo/record with fraps run the demo at 1600x1200 with highest detail your system can handle. Then tell fraps to record at half size, will give you a good looking 800x600 video to work with. Depending on whether or not your going to add music, turn record sound on/off. Keeping sound off will reduce the file size and keep the fps smoother too, from less stress on fraps trying to record the rendering plus the audio.

** side note - Easiest way to access your demos : Launch what ever game it is. When you get to the splash screen hit shift+f2 to bring up "load demo" window. Use the drive button to move around inside the demo, turn drive on and hold mouse1, then navigate using W,A,S,D. Its kinda weird tho, if you're player died in the game it will still make you respawn even if you're in drive mode...[/quote]

Had some of it, but will take note of the rest!! Thanks bro :)
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

three_gunn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by three_gunn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:09 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="72360"]heya Nucky..

[/quote]

quit playing around l3eer...you know you're going to be there having fun with the rest of us. :)

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Supporters Fun Night

Post by Stevo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:48 pm

That was some fun times. The class wars were awesome (despite some people who couldn't follow directions). The engineer battles were crazy. :shock:

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:46 pm

i got some really good vid's!!! Should have it up by this weekend :wink:
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:34 am

Thank you to those who worked behind the scenes to get this going! I had alot of fun!
To all the rest, "DON'T KILL THE MEDIC!" :naughty: :bash: :blind: :icon_ultragrin: :crazyeyes: :yuk:

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:56 am

Your welcome!! it was fun! :D
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:01 am

[RANT]

Firstly:
Thanks to everyone that organised this event.

Second:
Dear Sharky,
Dont be too upset friend... In time you'll see that I am more than a team player... I thought we were playing Casbah as an actual map, so I went engy, and hapened t pwned you.

Third:
Ok, I know it was meant to be FUN night, but sometimes you gotta be different... I cant help it thats just how I am...

I am refering to being a spy in the Sentry VS Sentry warpath.My fun was to pre-ocupy the other team with something else to kill the time.
It maybe fun for you to build stuff, but I guess everyone has diferent versions of fun, and got kicked for being different... =[

Fourth:
Had a long day at work, so it might sound a bit more sour than usual.

And finally, cheers to everyone who made it fun, and to those that didn't.
[/RANT]

Thanks

S

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:46 am

[quote="mr_s";p="72591"]
[RANT]but sometimes you gotta be different... I cant help it thats just how I am[/quote]

you say that like it didnt annoy everyone. Maybe you arent aware of it, but when we're trying to do class wars and you wanna be spy when it's HW vs HW (or whatever) you are being a llama

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:51 am

[quote="l3eeron";p="72611"]
[quote="mr_s";p="72591"]
[RANT]but sometimes you gotta be different... I cant help it thats just how I am[/quote]

you say that like it didnt annoy everyone. Maybe you arent aware of it, but when we're trying to do class wars and you wanna be spy when it's HW vs HW (or whatever) you are being a llama
[/quote]

[tips hat]

It nver realy occured to me ones that THAT was a class war...

well, now that u put it that way, I may have been annoying.

I'll keep it in mind for next time.

GG regardless

HappyWino
Villun
Villun

Post by HappyWino » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:52 am

[quote="LadeeeDuke";p="72550"]Thank you to those who worked behind the scenes to get this going! I had alot of fun!
To all the rest, "DON'T KILL THE MEDIC!" :naughty: :bash: :blind: :icon_ultragrin: :crazyeyes: :yuk:[/quote]

I was the medic on the other team and I swear you went after me more than the snipers did...all the time while repeating "DON'T KILL THE MEDIC!" :D

Thanks to the organizers indeed, it was a lot of fun, the highlight for me was definitely making a "Three-Gunn-Firework" right at the end on Avantiville :D

Cheers

HW

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:22 am

Wish I could have stayed longer :(

..btw, dont ever run that murderball map again! lol

Leonardo! Leonardo!
Villun
Villun

Post by Leonardo! Leonardo! » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:31 am

I had a blast and got a couple good screenies. Thanks for putting this together!
Well played....clerks......

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:35 am

[quote="mr_s";p="72614"][quote="l3eeron";p="72611"]
[quote="mr_s";p="72591"]

[/quote]

[tips hat]

GG regardless[/quote]

Hate to beat this up but...

We told you basically on every map to change your class to what we all were.. On Murderball we were all Snipers you were Demoman and camped the spawn with stickies.. Not to mention the time re-spawn was taking, now you can see why some were frustrated with ya. Not to mention the other maps you were a different class...
Last edited by Nuckin on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:47 am

[quote="=USV=Nuckin";p="72645"][quote="mr_s";p="72614"][quote="l3eeron";p="72611"]
[quote="mr_s";p="72591"]

[/quote]

[tips hat]

GG regardless[/quote]

Hate to beat this up but...

We told you basically on every map to change your class to what we all were.. On Murderball we were all Snipers you were Demoman and camped the spawn with stickies.. Not to mention the time re-spawn was taking, now you can see why some were frustrated with ya. Not to mention the other maps you were a different class... No hard feelings tho S.[/quote]

Hate to say this, but he is like that EVERY fun night.. in turn it makes it not such a fun night after all.. I left cause for some reason he has a hard time following what is set up for a fun night and basically ruins any fun some might be having. Seems he's more concerned about being "leet" or "the best" then what the ville is actually about - friends, fun and just an all around good time. Shame some can't even enjoy fun nights anymore... :(

My apologies if this is rude or whatever but I'm being honest and if you must delete my post if you find it inappropriate.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:35 pm

[quote="HappyWino";p="72616"][quote="LadeeeDuke";p="72550"]Thank you to those who worked behind the scenes to get this going! I had alot of fun!
To all the rest, "DON'T KILL THE MEDIC!" :naughty: :bash: :blind: :icon_ultragrin: :crazyeyes: :yuk:[/quote]

I was the medic on the other team and I swear you went after me more than the snipers did...all the time while repeating "DON'T KILL THE MEDIC!" :D [/quote]
Hey, you did have the intel... :P

To Mr. S, I think I was the most vocal in pointing out what class everyone was supposed to be. I don't know how many times I said something like "S, you're supposed to be [insert correct class here]." I'm hoping you just didn't understand or hear or read everything people were saying... If you wanted to just play a regular game, or be "different," there are 5 other servers to choose from where you won't interfere with everyone else's fun. :wink: