Villnilla Games - One night of Minecraft Madness!

Moderator: Site Admins

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Villnilla Games - One night of Minecraft Madness!

Post by John Doe » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 am

Announcing the Villnilla Games, one night of Minecraft Madness
Please see the following post for event information: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27424&start=0
The event is limited to 18 players, sign up quick!

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Villnilla Games

Post by John Doe » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 am

Announcing the new, improved and heavily revised Villnilla games !!!

This will be a one night event that starts promptly at 8PM Ville Time on the Minecraft Event Server (Thanks Stevo for providing this)

The event will consist of three mini events, scores will be kept and the winners will be announced at the end.

The event will have a time limit for each of the mini events, we dont want to keep people for 6 hours :)

Please see below for full details and information.

When and Where

When : Saturday March 21st, 2015
Start time : 8:00 PM Ville Time - Be early if possible
Where : The Minecraft Event Server - IP address will be released to everyone before the event.

Additional Information

We will be communicating with the players in the Teamspeak Minecraft Channel, we ask that you are in TS early so we can ensure everyone can get in, gets white listed, and that nobody gets a head start / unfair advantage.

Particulars of the mini events

There will be three events, the first is Sheep Dip aka the drop of doom, the second will be diamonds are forever and the third will be chest hunt. Screenshots for the three events are in the following post.

Sheep Dip aka Drop of Doom

Each player, one at a time will climb to the platform where they will be provided with 10 sheep. the player needs to push, punch, or shove the sheep off the platform aiming for one of the three scoring pools. Points will be given for each sheep that survives and lands in a pool, sheep that miss the pools and die will earn no points.

Players that fall from the platform with a sheep will earn no points from that sheep, even if it does land in a scoring pool.

There will be no practice drops or practice sheep, everyone will be challenged equally by not having tried the event before.

Scoring - Silver Pool - 5 points per sheep, Gold Pool - 10 points per sheep, Red and Obsidian pool - 25 points per sheep.

Diamonds are Forever

Each player will start this event with nothing, and once given the command to start the goal is to be the first person back with a complete diamond pick. Points will be awarded to the first five people to present a complete diamond pick to the event coordinators on the Villnilla Games stage.

Players are request to not mine or harvest resources in the fenced off area, you must leave the area before you can begin your search for diamonds.

Resources will be made available for the event, it will be your choice if you wish to gather any, using up your valuable search time.

Scoring - The first player to present a complete diamond pick will receive 50 points, the second will receive 40 points, the third will get 30 points, the fourth will get 20 points and the fifth will get 10 points. If timer ends before all the points are handed out points will be given based on each diamond a player has.

Chest Hunt

We will travel to a new area of the map where there are several chests laid out, during the time limit you will need to search the chests to find the ones that contain items. Do not touch or tamper with the items, make a note of the item(s) and the quantities in the chests that you have found and at the end of the event you will report it to the event coordinators.

20 chests will contain items, although only 10 items will count for score. The first person to find and report 10 items will get 10 points per item and 50 points for being first, the 2nd person to report 10 items will get 10 points per item and 30 points for being second, the third person to report 10 items will get 20 points and 10 points per item.

This is a solo event, do not team up, do not share where you have found chests with items, each person is on their own.

Resources will be available Armor, Swords, Bow and Arrows and Food so that you can spend as much time searching as possible, and at night or in dark areas be able to defend yourself.

If a creeper blows up a chest or chests that contains items its not a massive problem, report it and we will clean things up. This is why we have 20 chests with items and only 10 will count for score, to avoid issues if chests are destroyed.

Time Limits

We have allocated 30 minutes for the Sheep Dip Mini event, 45 minutes for Diamonds are forever and 45 minutes for Chest Hunt. The goal is to keep the event to around 2 hours, but please be prepared to stay a little longer as a few minutes will be needed to brief the players on the events and to get everyone setup as events change.

Addition Information

Spawn is at 0,0 if you get lost.

If a person is killed and you find their dropped resources please do not take anything, leave it for the player to return. Be a good sportsman and dont take advantage of your fellow players.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Villnilla Games

Post by John Doe » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:05 am

To register for the event please reply with a post expressing your interest in being here and we will add your name to the list.

A few details may change but generally the event will happen as laid out above, if you have any questions please post them here or send me a PM.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Villnilla Games - One night of Minecraft Madness!

Post by John Doe » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:05 am

Sheep Drop aka Drop of Doom Target Area

Diamonds Are Forever drop off point for completed Diamond Picks.

Chest Hunt Event Area

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:07 am

Reserved.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:17 am

moo
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:15 pm

I *think* I am free! I'll sign up, and update if I find out otherwise.
-Boss Llama

kkpyro
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by kkpyro » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Nooooo!!! I have a super hero birthday party to attend!
Grey and I are going as The Incredibles. ;)

Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
The Ville Cup 2012- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Dustbowl loves Warpath 2013-CDi
The Ville Cup 2013- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tater Tots
The Ville Cup 2014- <gTa> Goat Theft Anonymous

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Most likely will be there.

c4ridw3n
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by c4ridw3n » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:43 am

I am in! Super silly shenanigans :)

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 pm

c4ridw3n wrote:I am in! Super silly shenanigans :)

Were all about shenanigans !!!

c4ridw3n
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by c4ridw3n » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Thanks for the fun games, JD and Inner!!! It was a great Saturday evening spent. My favorite moment was running back to spawn with a diamond pick in hand.. heart pounding... thinking, oh gawd please don't get blown up by a creeper!!! :D

Really great effort on the events and everything looked amazing.. thanks for all the work you put in!

Cari

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:29 pm

Yes, was very fun. Thanks JD and Inner for organising, and thanks everyone else for participating!

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:49 am

Aye - thanks for the fun event! I was quite impressed by your set-up of the spawn area - that was really nice looking.
-Boss Llama

Quandary
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Quandary » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:27 am

Indeed, thanks for going through all the trouble of setting these up and wranglin' everyone in. :)