The “Beat the Boss” 2015 Fantasy All-Sports Challenge!

Moderator: Site Admins

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: The “Beat the Boss” 2015 Fantasy All-Sports Challenge!

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:14 am

For a guy who doesn't know hockey, you are doing a heck of a job Boss!

A very impressive performance by Coyote as well. Dominating in baseball and football requires some serious skill. Football I can do with the once a week game/team concept. Baseball is killer, very impressed with those who can do it!
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:31 pm

YoullNeverWalkAlone wrote:For a guy who doesn't know hockey, you are doing a heck of a job Boss!
Just doing my usual thing for situations where I don't know the names... I just look at the numbers being spat out by the system, and go with them! I'm furious with myself that I forgot to set any of my teams the week of xmas due to travelling and family stuff. D'oh!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:03 pm

We are almost to the end! Our hockey league goes in to the play-offs shortly, and then at last we'll know the winner of the Beat The Boss All Sports Challenge!

I'm closing hard on Coyote, but it looks like he may just hold on to edge me out on the year (something about winning all of the first three leagues... hard to fight that!). YNWA appears to be on pace for the bronze medal as well, after claiming to be "terribad" at these things. Well played, sir.

Keep up that scrap for position, my friends! 14 months of fantasy sports are about to have their reckoning.
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:04 am

The results are in!

After four hard-fought sports - Soccer, Baseball, Football, and Hockey - we have a winner! With 400 total points possible, COYOTE scored a mighty 372 points, having been champion in three of the four events. I managed to claw back big part of the gap in the final league, but not enough to unseat him from his dominance. Congratulations, Coyote!

BOSS BEATER:
Coyote - 372 points

I was pretty pleased with my own performance in three out of four sports as well, and I managed to win the hockey league, but my usual strong suit - football - just wasn't to be this year! I managed to put up my worst ever finish in the primary fantasy football league, and paid the price. Also, I somehow let Coyote sneak past me in the final couple games of Baseball. Oops!

THE BOSS:
Boss Llama - 365 points

Lots of people come and go from the various fantasy sports, but some folks joined the fun for every single league, and kept throwing some pretty serious competition our way! The next three to place each participated in every one of the Beat The Boss challenges, and helped provide a fun through-line to the year. Thank you everybody!

FEROCIOUS COMPETITORS:
YNWA - 316 points
Daryldime - 276 points
Gruelsicle - 266 points

I shall endeavor to send some potentially fabulous prizes your ways in the near future! It's funny to me to think that I started this challenge to mark the fact that I had changed my gaming name. It doesn't feel like it's been as long as it has already, and when it started I had doubts about anything lasting more than a year. Now that it's done, it seems to have flown by, and I'm pleased that I have no regrets on the name change. Thanks to everybody who participated, and don't forget that the end of the English Premier League fantasy season is coming up in a month - those who are in there, it's time to fight to the finish! Daryl has the lead, but there is plenty of room for positions to swap around before it's all said and done.
-Boss Llama

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Congrats to Coyote and well done by Boss!

Not easy to stay with it over the course of these long seasons, so very impressive to all who did. Very enjoyable Boss, really appreciate you putting this together!
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96