Moderator: Site Admins

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

#2dust2furious AvR aka Dustbowl Idea Revisited

Post by cam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:49 pm

The camera pans to reveal a packed stadium overlooking the Dustbowl Arena and the roar from the crowd is almost deafening. The ring in the center is brightly lit and though it didn't seem possible, the crowd erupts even more loudly as the microphone lowers and the announcer enters the ring.

The hammer slams into the bell adding to the frenzy! DING DING DING! "HELLLLO VILLUNS!" the announcer shouts into mic filling the air with so much excitement that it seems like roof of the place will blow at any second. "It sounds like we might have some people here that are interested in witnessing THE MATCH OF THE CENTURY, NAY, THE MILLENA!" The crowd is losing their minds. Food and drinks are being flung in to the air as they just cannot contain themselves any longer. The announcer's grin is ear to ear. "We'd better meet our contenders before the fans becomes the match of the night!" The arena's lights shut off except for one remaining beacon centered on the announcer. Shadows of the contenders begin to gather on separate sides of the ring waiting to be introduced.

"YOU COULDN'T FIND A MORE DISGRACEFUL GROUP OF LOATHSOME INDIVIDUALS! FOR YEARS, THIS GANG HAS TERRORIZED THE SERVERS AND THEIR INHABITANTS. UNDER THE GUISE OF 'KEEPING US SAFE' THEY HAVE PROMOTED THEIR POLICY FACISM AND TONIGHT. HIDDEN BEHIND THEIR HELPFUL AND KIND FACADE LIES THE HEINOUS HEARTS OF SOME TRULY TERRIBLE MONSTERS!"
The announcer inhales and booms,"IN THIS CORNER!!!! THE ADMINS!!!!"
The admins lumber out of the shadows as the stadium lashes out with boos and hisses. Truly, the admins are a fearsome sight to behold as they knock over small children and push old ladies out of the way to get to the arena platform. They don't seem intimidated by the crowds response in the least and several members enthusiastically taunt the crowd which provokes the audience even further. One crowd member hurls a bucket of popcorn hitting Mateo in the back of the head and covers him in greasy butter. In the blink of an eye, a section of the crowd is vaporized from a blast of Mateo's mighty banhammer. More boos are issued but no one else dares to throw anything and the cries of the crowd fall on deaf ears of the heartless admins.

The announcer shifts his gaze to the opposite side of the ring.
"OH MY! WHO COULD STAND AGAINST SUCH A FOE? WHO WOULD DARE? SURELY THAT DISPLAY HAS ALREADY SCARED OFF OUR CHALLENGERS!"
The crowd begins to hush for the first time and all eyes are trying to peer through the darkness for any sign of The Admins rivals. The Admins themselves are busy laughing, obviously believing that they have already won.
Suddenly, voices from the shadows. "WE WILL!" A light flicks on and the challengers step into it. The Admins' heads whip around to face the voices. The crowd goes bananas with cheers and screams.
The announcer stands agape. "I DON'T BELIEVE THIS! THE CHALLENGERS HAVE APPEARED AND THE ADMINS MAY HAVE MET THEIR MATCH! IT'S THE REGULARS!!!!" Mateo wets himself and runs from the arena screaming in fear as the crowd laughs.
The announcer cheers into the mic. "FOLKS! THIS IS A MATCHUP TO REMEMBER! IT LOOKS LIK-" Another bolt of light and the announcer has vanished in a puff of smoke. One of the admins lowers their banhammer and grabs the microphone.
"You regulars don't stand a chance! We are the superior villuns and we will stand VICTORIOUS. Leave now while you still have your reserve slots."

A reg breaks away from the group. "I don't think so! Today is the day we show TheVille what we're made of! We're going to kick your butt from here to stage 3. Dustbowl is no laughing matter and we'll be GOSH DARNED if we let you win this fight!"
Both sides roar and charge at each other!

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: #2dust2furious AvR aka Dustbowl Idea Revisited

Post by F13ND » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm

I don't know what's happening but I agree!
Thanks Sparky!

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm

9v9 or 12v12 (preferably 12v12) on dustbowl.
interested regs sign up in a thread.
class limits the same as tv6
admins can "deputize" willing villuns if they cant meet the quota because they're too scared to fite.

admins qq and demand a rematch when they lose. regs live forever in infamy.

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks Sparky!

Alex
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Alex » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:01 pm

wow. I need this in my life.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm pretty sure I'll be busy that night. Yeah, there were some small children and old ladies that needed pushing over.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 pm

The Domer wrote:... there were some small children and old ladies that needed pushing over.
Wait, admins get to do that? I wasn't told of that ability during training night :cry:
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:08 pm

One crowd member hurls a bucket of popcorn hitting Mateo in the back of the head and covers him in greasy butter. In the blink of an eye, a section of the crowd is vaporized from a blast of Mateo's mighty banhammer. More boos are issued but no one else dares to throw anything and the cries of the crowd fall on deaf ears of the heartless admins.
Need someone to explain the deal with Mateo and being derped o.o

Still urging towards this idea. Could have just bumped this http://www.theville.org/forums/viewtopi ... 29&t=25201

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:10 pm

ADevilishPotato wrote:
The Domer wrote:... there were some small children and old ladies that needed pushing over.
Wait, admins get to do that? I wasn't told of that ability during training night :cry:
I think that's his day job. Not his nightly admin job.

I assume the two are unrelated yet similar.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Maple Man wrote:
One crowd member hurls a bucket of popcorn hitting Mateo in the back of the head and covers him in greasy butter. In the blink of an eye, a section of the crowd is vaporized from a blast of Mateo's mighty banhammer. More boos are issued but no one else dares to throw anything and the cries of the crowd fall on deaf ears of the heartless admins.

Still urging towards this idea. Could have just bumped this http://www.theville.org/forums/viewtopi ... 29&t=25201
Sounds like someone is looking to be deputized. TRAITOR!

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:12 pm

I am a mummy wrote:
Maple Man wrote:

Sounds like someone is looking to be deputized. TRAITOR!
Is it bad that I had to google deputized...and still no idea what it means? Someone please tell me in simpler english. :3

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Maple Man wrote:Is it bad that I had to google deputized...and still no idea what it means? Someone please tell me in simpler english. :3
In general terms it relates to law enforcement. A Sheriff is typically the chief law enforcement officer in a county (sub-division of a state). There is one elected Sheriff but he then hires many deputies who are basically police officers on the county level.

In the old west (and other circumstances today) a sheriff could "deputize" a normal citizen giving them limited law enforcement powers for specific purposes (like forming a posse to chase down some bank robbers).

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:41 pm

That story was was hilarious! Mummy, I think you have a prosperous writing career in your future.

About the event idea:
The Domer wrote:I'm pretty sure I'll be busy that night. Yeah, there were some small children and old ladies that needed pushing over.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

zookie
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by zookie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Can I be on both teams?

DDYzErO
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DDYzErO » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:25 pm

I am a mummy wrote:The camera pans to reveal a packed stadium overlooking the Dustbowl Arena and the roar from the crowd is almost deafening. The ring in the center is brightly lit and though it didn't seem possible, the crowd erupts even more loudly as the microphone lowers and the announcer enters the ring.

The hammer slams into the bell adding to the frenzy! DING DING DING! "HELLLLO VILLUNS!" the announcer shouts into mic filling the air with so much excitement that it seems like roof of the place will blow at any second. "It sounds like we might have some people here that are interested in witnessing THE MATCH OF THE CENTURY, NAY, THE MILLENA!" The crowd is losing their minds. Food and drinks are being flung in to the air as they just cannot contain themselves any longer. The announcer's grin is ear to ear. "We'd better meet our contenders before the fans becomes the match of the night!" The arena's lights shut off except for one remaining beacon centered on the announcer. Shadows of the contenders begin to gather on separate sides of the ring waiting to be introduced.

"YOU COULDN'T FIND A MORE DISGRACEFUL GROUP OF LOATHSOME INDIVIDUALS! FOR YEARS, THIS GANG HAS TERRORIZED THE SERVERS AND THEIR INHABITANTS. UNDER THE GUISE OF 'KEEPING US SAFE' THEY HAVE PROMOTED THEIR POLICY FACISM AND TONIGHT. HIDDEN BEHIND THEIR HELPFUL AND KIND FACADE LIES THE HEINOUS HEARTS OF SOME TRULY TERRIBLE MONSTERS!"
The announcer inhales and booms,"IN THIS CORNER!!!! THE ADMINS!!!!"
The admins lumber out of the shadows as the stadium lashes out with boos and hisses. Truly, the admins are a fearsome sight to behold as they knock over small children and push old ladies out of the way to get to the arena platform. They don't seem intimidated by the crowds response in the least and several members enthusiastically taunt the crowd which provokes the audience even further. One crowd member hurls a bucket of popcorn hitting Mateo in the back of the head and covers him in greasy butter. In the blink of an eye, a section of the crowd is vaporized from a blast of Mateo's mighty banhammer. More boos are issued but no one else dares to throw anything and the cries of the crowd fall on deaf ears of the heartless admins.

The announcer shifts his gaze to the opposite side of the ring.
"OH MY! WHO COULD STAND AGAINST SUCH A FOE? WHO WOULD DARE? SURELY THAT DISPLAY HAS ALREADY SCARED OFF OUR CHALLENGERS!"
The crowd begins to hush for the first time and all eyes are trying to peer through the darkness for any sign of The Admins rivals. The Admins themselves are busy laughing, obviously believing that they have already won.
Suddenly, voices from the shadows. "WE WILL!" A light flicks on and the challengers step into it. The Admins' heads whip around to face the voices. The crowd goes bananas with cheers and screams.
The announcer stands agape. "I DON'T BELIEVE THIS! THE CHALLENGERS HAVE APPEARED AND THE ADMINS MAY HAVE MET THEIR MATCH! IT'S THE REGULARS!!!!" Mateo wets himself and runs from the arena screaming in fear as the crowd laughs.
The announcer cheers into the mic. "FOLKS! THIS IS A MATCHUP TO REMEMBER! IT LOOKS LIK-" Another bolt of light and the announcer has vanished in a puff of smoke. One of the admins lowers their banhammer and grabs the microphone.
"You regulars don't stand a chance! We are the superior villuns and we will stand VICTORIOUS. Leave now while you still have your reserve slots."

A reg breaks away from the group. "I don't think so! Today is the day we show TheVille what we're made of! We're going to kick your butt from here to stage 3. Dustbowl is no laughing matter and we'll be GOSH DARNED if we let you win this fight!"
Both sides roar and charge at each other!

interesting idea Mummy. If this sparks enough interest I don't mind running the event.