Yeah, I would love to see this happen >:V

Garrett
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: #2dust2furious AvR aka Dustbowl Idea Revisited

Post by Garrett » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Would quick respawn be enabled? I'm used to playing Dustbowl with it on. Makes it hard for RED otherwise, IMO.

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Flash wrote:
Maple Man wrote:Is it bad that I had to google deputized...and still no idea what it means? Someone please tell me in simpler english. :3
In general terms it relates to law enforcement. A Sheriff is typically the chief law enforcement officer in a county (sub-division of a state). There is one elected Sheriff but he then hires many deputies who are basically police officers on the county level.

In the old west (and other circumstances today) a sheriff could "deputize" a normal citizen giving them limited law enforcement powers for specific purposes (like forming a posse to chase down some bank robbers).
Ok thank you :3
Bet both teams will always have 4 Demomen if they want to win.

Alex
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Alex » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Maple Man wrote:Bet both teams will always have 4 Demomen if they want to win.
Both teams will always have three short circuit engineers if they want to win!

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Garrett wrote:Would quick respawn be enabled? I'm used to playing Dustbowl with it on. Makes it hard for RED otherwise, IMO.
It's unbalanced in favour of Blu like crazy if the timers aren't tweaked
Thanks Sparky!

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:03 pm

People with questions/concerns/crippling fear about this event should contact me instead of speculating wildly over my motivations.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:04 pm

I am a mummy wrote: "YOU COULDN'T FIND A MORE DISGRACEFUL GROUP OF LOATHSOME INDIVIDUALS! FOR YEARS, THIS GANG HAS TERRORIZED THE SERVERS AND THEIR INHABITANTS. UNDER THE GUISE OF 'KEEPING US SAFE' THEY HAVE PROMOTED THEIR POLICY FACISM AND TONIGHT. HIDDEN BEHIND THEIR HELPFUL AND KIND FACADE LIES THE HEINOUS HEARTS OF SOME TRULY TERRIBLE MONSTERS!"
The announcer inhales and booms,"IN THIS CORNER!!!! THE ADMINS!!!!"

As one of the party of loathsome individuals I am pretty sure we dont promote facism.

As for being terrible monsters, you best stick with Mateo, dont make me bring Carpe out of retirement with his Axe.

zookie
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by zookie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:18 pm

This is our town scrub!

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Alex wrote:
Bet both teams will always have 4 Demomen if they want to win.
Both teams will always have three short circuit engineers if they want to win!
Snipers. Red/Blu dot on Engineer. Profit. :3

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:42 pm

zookie wrote:This is our town scrub!
get good new player

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:48 pm

I am a mummy wrote:People with questions/concerns/crippling fear about this event should contact me instead of speculating wildly over my motivations.
Mummy there is definitely some not so subtle hostility in your event pitch. You know we're always willing to listen, so by all means let's hear about those motivations.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Flash wrote:Mummy there is definitely some not so subtle hostility in your event pitch. You know we're always willing to listen, so by all means let's here about those motivations.
oh gosh you guys, it was a joke. obvs i've had some bones to pick with a select few admins in the past about stuff that was mostly my fault anyways... but imma get real with you here: a lot of the admins here are amazing. i cant count the number of times that ive been on dustbowl with mlite and some rando is being obnoxious and mlite is just giving them the benefit of the doubt and chance after chance. mlite is the epitome of what a good admin should be along with soltan, mateo, nking, zero, domer, and yourself. this isn't even a complete list, just the people who come to mind! patience, courtesy, respect; many of you guys have it all.

sure, there are some admins that need to work on their people skills, but they'll get the hang of them one day. but whatevs, im not here to gripe! im here to get a dustbowl event to actually happen.

i thought it would be neat to set up a stupid, silly rivalry. so as im typing up the intro post im saying to myself,"ill make this post so over the top that they'll have no choice but to think its a joke! surely if they thought i hated this place so much id stop hanging out here by now?" clearly i did not have my thinking cap on. my mistake.

then earlier today i find out from pimpstar he got muted and suddenly it clicks why everyone thinks this is *not* a joke. i had no idea pimpstar was muted when i wrote this post. but you guys seemed pretty eager to be butthurt and since it fit with the spirit of the event i post:
I am a mummy wrote:People with questions/concerns/crippling fear about this event should contact me instead of speculating wildly over my motivations.
pimpstar is a big boy and he can submit a ticket if he wants to get unmuted. people "rallying" never accomplished anything in the past (rammy, toby, ghob) and it wont accomplish anything now. still, its fun to rabblerouse against authority and stir up drama simply because life is boring and a little lighthearted drama never hurt anybody.

if i truly hurt some feelings on the admin team, i apologize.

but not to mateo.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Mummy, I appreciate your response. As you mentioned there have been some "bones picked" in the past and the timing with third party incidents was impeccable. This is probably what caused people, me included, to perceive sincere hostility even if you just meant it in jest.

I know you have a passion for Dustbowl and TV6 and I don't think anyone will disagree that you did an excellent job in building drama with your description. But I hope you also understand why some admins, especially those who don't ever play alongside you, would take offense to some of your language. Even I viewed it as equal parts a cheap shot at the admins and an actual event proposal. I apologize if my interpretation was off base.

But back to the real topic at hand: You've been pitching various Dustbowl events for a while now and nothing has really come together. I respect your effort to change that because I know a large portion of our players love that map.

But this particular event won't be able to happen as currently proposed. We have a long standing rule of not pitting different Ville groups against each other. Most obviously this means no guild vs. guild events but also extends to other groups such as admins vs. non-admins. In general we want to avoid anything that would give one subset of our users bragging rights over another. It may be all in fun but can lead to unintended animosity.

So please feel free to pitch more Dustbowl events in the future and hopefully we'll be able to make something happen.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:22 pm

#chicken

EDIT: THIS WAS A JOKE

EDIT2: Maybe you guys could consider making an exception and just see how it goes? I think we're all mature enough here not to expect that this would be anything other than what it is: a silly excuse to get a bunch of regulars to play a few rounds of dustbowl. It gives spectators someone to root for and its not like dustbowl is good for a whole lot else?