IMP!-6
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: We Should Have A Warpathers vs. Dustbowlers Event

Post by IMP!-6 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Any news? This thread has been quiet for awhile now.

sn-fweep
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by sn-fweep » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Let's do it! Those dustbowlers must pay for their heathen ways.

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 pm

NO NO NO NO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO

I dont wanna sound like a douche but I might as well say it.

THIS IS THE WORST IDEA EVER, I WOULD RATHER WATCH BIRDEMIC WHILE DRINKING A BLEND OF ASSORTED FOOD AND PRODUCTS

l33tOMGlolz!11!shift
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l33tOMGlolz!11!shift » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:36 am

This sounds like a blast
-OS/2

Crusty Juggler
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Crusty Juggler » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Half of The Ville is participating in UGC Highlander currently. We should look at getting this event going in April when the UGC season ends.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Let's keep expectations in line with possibility, here. The Ville is specifically opposed to competition on our servers - with the exception of The Ville Cup, it is prohibited in general Ville rules, as well as by all the guilds.

Overlooking the gross inaccuracy of saying half The Ville plays comp at present, we need to remember that while folks are welcome to do that, we don't want any bleed-over here. We are not a comp community. We've specifically turned down UGC recruiters, both internally and externally this season, and we certainly don't base any sort of scheduling on their activities, or those of any other non-Ville community.
-Boss Llama

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:39 pm

It sounds like there are a lot of people interested in some sort of TV8 vs TV6 event. What this needs to ever actually happen is for someone to take charge and actually make plans. Figure out a date/time, take sign ups, and get ahold of some admins who can set up the events server/proctor the event. It's not like doing something like this would require too much in the way of logistics. Really, just pick a time and see who can go!

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 pm

The Domer wrote:It sounds like there are a lot of people interested in some sort of TV8 vs TV6 event. What this needs to ever actually happen is for someone to take charge and actually make plans. Figure out a date/time, take sign ups, and get ahold of some admins who can set up the events server/proctor the event. It's not like doing something like this would require too much in the way of logistics. Really, just pick a time and see who can go!
Interest a good event does not make.

The event idea is being discussed currently. No concrete plans. When something good is decided, you'll all know.
I am the 1%!

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:57 pm

The Domer wrote:What this needs to ever actually happen is for someone to take charge and actually make plans.
This has already been happening behind the scenes, but as Alizee pointed out there have been some concerns raised.

I'll be honest, a true TV6 vs. TV8 event like originally proposed will most likely never happen. While I agree that it does sound fun, there is too much potential downside. We don't want to foster an "us vs. them" mentality around here.

That said, I'd personally love to see some of the Dustbowl regulars venture over to Warpath from time to time. We have great back and forth games there every night we get the server going.

From an admin standpoint our goal is always going to be to help everyone meet new people, make new friendships and have a good time. Segregating us all based on server preference isn't going to accomplish that.

So for me the question that remains is: Are y'all only interested in this idea because it was Dustbowl vs. Warpath? Or would you all still enjoy some kind of event that featured both maps but with regulars from both servers mixed together?

Crusty Juggler
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Crusty Juggler » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Ouch, Alizee. I see the two competing UGC teams as representing The Ville. Not something apart from it. And certainly not something that would cause friction between the parties. It's not like I hate Domer now because he walks all over us in practice. I continue to hate armn though...

I pointed out that 35+ Villuns are nerd busy until April. We have a tough time recruiting for these events as it is. TVC was nearly a wash last year. Schedule what you want whenever you guys want. Or not.

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Crusty Juggler wrote:Ouch, Alizee. I see the two competing UGC teams as representing The Ville. Not something apart from it.
If that's the perception of what those two teams represent, then any representation associated with The Ville needs to be removed. As has been stated already this is a non-competitive community. Like Alizee has said, we've turned away recruiters in the past. This is not the place to come to get your competitive fix. If you play competitively on the side, all we ask is that you check it at the door when you come in.

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Crusty Juggler wrote:Ouch, Alizee. I see the two competing UGC teams as representing The Ville. Not something apart from it. And certainly not something that would cause friction between the parties. It's not like I hate Domer now because he walks all over us in practice. I continue to hate armn though...

I pointed out that 35+ Villuns are nerd busy until April. We have a tough time recruiting for these events as it is. TVC was nearly a wash last year. Schedule what you want whenever you guys want. Or not.
What does non noncompetitive mean to you? Theville does not want to be part of any competitive. I'm so glad I don't hang out with a lot of people around here because they seem to not pay attention.