IMP!-6
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: [Suggestion] Warpath Cup 2012

Post by IMP!-6 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:04 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote: Also on a check of a PM you are correct on any cap grants a +1, however that is a moot point seeing as how the other team received the same free points, effectively nullifying the fact that it was capped.
Technically we did not receive as many free points because, as tthreaz stated above, we did not allow any teams to cap out on us.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:06 pm

IMP!-6 wrote:
BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote: Also on a check of a PM you are correct on any cap grants a +1, however that is a moot point seeing as how the other team received the same free points, effectively nullifying the fact that it was capped.
Technically we did not receive as many free points because, as tthreaz stated above, we did not allow any teams to cap out on us.
Gotcha, however on that same token it looks like you guys didn't cap out at all (or very little).
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

IMP!-6
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by IMP!-6 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote:
IMP!-6 wrote:
Gotcha, however on that same token it looks like you guys didn't cap out at all (or very little).

Agreed, but I don't think a team should be punished for having a better defense than offense. And on the other side of the coin, a team should most definitely not be rewarded for having a bad defense and allowing a team to cap out several times.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Agreed and I understand what you are saying, I goofed my numbers looking at the points not realizing they were added. Having CP2 not add to point totals would of solved that problem altogether, and only benefiting those teams that cap points / cap out.

(I know looking at my PM in my inbox the rules say +1 for every cap point, but something in the back of my head keeps telling me we didnt count that, call me crazy, find the demo! :doh: Especially with that 4-3 score, that means that 4 of the 7 points were scored on CP2 caps and 3 on mid change)

IMP!-6
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by IMP!-6 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:20 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote:Agreed and I understand what you are saying, I goofed my numbers looking at the points not realizing they were added. Having CP2 not add to point totals would of solved that problem altogether, and only benefiting those teams that cap points / cap out.

(I know looking at my PM in my inbox the rules say +1 for every cap point, but something in the back of my head keeps telling me we didnt count that, call me crazy, find the demo! :doh: Especially with that 4-3 score, that means that 4 of the 7 points were scored on CP2 caps and 3 on mid change)
Sorry, was typing a reply and I noticed you added some to your message. I'll get back to finding the demo!

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Back on topic though I would like to see this happen again with some of the scoring changes discussed, as well as a few class limit changes.

Im game for helping with the event or participating :)

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Another thing that would be nice, would be if it was a true highlander (1 of each class). I know we ended up running more then that due to player interest, but having an extra team or two would help spread the players out.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm

As with all events (not just at the Ville), understanding the scoring system is critical to success unless you can just dominate every round and not have to worry about it. The 2011 Warpath Cup was neither the first nor the last Ville event where teams have been incentivized to get points in ways other than straight up wins.

If we do this again I'd prefer to just see Ws and Ls, and break ties with whoever owns the middle point when time runs out, but I am the kind of person that likes simplicity in my systems.

I also would like to see the true highlander actually happen, if I had my druthers.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:25 pm

I'd also much prefer to have more teams and do 9v9 rather than 11v11 with 4 teams. I understand that it's more work to organize something for more teams, but a big part of the reason I played in the Warpath cup was for the highlander mode organization. (I became a TV8 regular in preparation and afterwards)

IMP!-6
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by IMP!-6 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:05 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote:Agreed and I understand what you are saying, I goofed my numbers looking at the points not realizing they were added. Having CP2 not add to point totals would of solved that problem altogether, and only benefiting those teams that cap points / cap out.

I found my demos and watched both rounds of the PB v HB match and we did indeed receive points for an initial cap on CP2. Without those points, the final score of the match would've been 2-1. Like you mentioned above, not giving out points for an initial cap on CP2 would solve the problem and ensure that every point was earned.
MateoTheBold! wrote:Another thing that would be nice, would be if it was a true highlander (1 of each class). I know we ended up running more then that due to player interest, but having an extra team or two would help spread the players out.
I think having the matches be 9v9 highlander is a good idea. I didn't mention it in my initial post though because according to the official rules for these things the events, other than the Ville cup, are supposed to be kept short. I'm not sure if adding two more teams and a third weekend would be allowed and that may be why it wasn't done last year.

Checkm8
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Checkm8 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Think of player availability in this. The reason we had less teams with more people is because of scheduling conflicts. Last year, I remember my team (giblets, represent :2gunfire: ) playing down a player or two even with larger sized teams.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Mmmm... true highlander. Good stuff.
=USV= [BB] [IV] [WARPATH] [USAHB] :TIME: :TOOL: