Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TF2: Saturday Night's Alright For Warhammer

Post by somedude » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 am

In like Flynn!
My backpack holler if you see something you would like to trade for.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

— Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:36 am

If at all possible I'll be there.

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I switched the events server over to warhammer, and set the map timeout to some huge value. It should stay on warhammer all day.
[img]https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/spammers.gif[/img]

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I like it for the most part.
It did feel harder to defend last, whereas my change would have been to make retaking second easier (it can be taken, but it's still hard to hold)

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Feedback and comments from full scale gameplay:

In no particular order:

- The color of the water in the caves and under center is opaque - that's a big pain, because demos continuosly laid sticky traps that were not clearable, even knowing they were there. The stickies are completely invisible.

- The sound made by the door on the alternate exit from the final point spawn is incorrect, at least on the red side. It is a big garage door, but sounds like a normal wooden door.

- The render distance on the big grass tufts that appear just before reaching point 2 on each side is a bit too short. They visibly pop in and out while in the CP 2 combat arena.

- The large rocks that sit at the ridge entrances at the point 2 and point 4 locations are slightly different. Blue's is closer to the building than red's by a noticable margin.

- I believe that the trigger mechanism for the gate from the caves in to final needs to be changed. The trigger is firing on touch as usual, but is then closing again, and can't be reopened without backing away and re-approaching. IMO, it should be using On_Start_Touch_All to open, and On_End_Touch_All to close, so it remains open while a person is at it, and we don't get the wierd hiccuping it does, getting caught, and causing a 5 second gap between a patient and a medic, or similar situations.

- The texture of the missile scaffold in behind red spawn is missing.

- The skybox by the satellite dish at point 2 is much too low. It blocks demos shooting at a gun on the roof from near the tunnel exit (and can block a person on the roof returning fire).

- The tops of the two ramps that lead from under the center bridge up to the top are slightly different. On the blue side you can run up the ramp and walk directly on to the surface, but on the red side you have to jump once you're at the top to get out in to the playfield.

- There are a couple paint textures on the blue final that are red team colors. The top and bottom surfaces of the incused decoration next to the ramp heading from blue spawn to their first point is one of them, and the base of the the opposide side wall up at the cap itself is the other.

Map looks good overall, and is a definite improvement on Warpath2. Great work, Mad Hammer!
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:27 pm

I like it! It adds some nice variations on Warpath and wouldn't mind seeing the final version get thrown into a "rotation" on TV8.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:32 pm

[quote="Flash"]I like it! It adds some nice variations on Warpath and wouldn't mind seeing the final version get thrown into a "rotation" on TV8.[/quote]
^This

Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Peahats » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:56 pm

I loved playing on it and I would definitely love seeing it on Tv8. Thanks Hammer!

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks to almost an hour of scouring the map looking for bugs, which Alizee has thoughtfully compiled above, the map should be 100% perfect after a few tweaks. Great map, and the feel of it is both familiar and brand new! I'm very excited to see it in the rotation.... Like right now!
=USV= [BB] [IV] [WARPATH] [USAHB] :TIME: :TOOL:

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:14 am

The Ville has some of the best bug busters in the business, said it once, will say it again. Thanks Alizee for finding those. The missing texture is an operator error as I didn't properly pack the map, left that texture out.

I've already been working on the map, changing some of these and that. I found the Red textures at BLU point one yesterday and fixed those as well as more optimization.

I'll look for another water texture to use in the caves, maybe the one from 2 Fort as it's reasonably clear.

The skybox issue......the skybox was built around the satellite tower. I didn't increase the whole skybox in that area as I was worried about performance issues. I was fearful of a big drop in frames. I'll increase the height there and we'll see what happens.

The other stuff, rocks, ramps, and the draw distance on the reeds can all be fixed easily. With luck, probably can have this ready for upload by Monday or Tuesday.

Question: Did anyone have any performance issues?

Thanks once again to all who play tested last night. Glad you like it. :D
Image[/center]

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:22 am

Mad-Hammer wrote:Question: Did anyone have any performance issues?
I didn't notice any in about an hour of gameplay. We had a great turnout last night. If you have the new version ready I'd suggest we give this another try next Saturday night.

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 am

None here, this despite having more players than the 24 maximum on 8.

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:45 pm

To add to the bug list:

a crate by the small health pack becomes see through at medium distance in the lower breachable tunnel that connects mid to points 2 and 4.

I echo the others....add to the TV8 rotation! Good work mad-hammer!

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:33 pm

MateoTheBold! wrote:To add to the bug list:

a crate by the small health pack becomes see through at medium distance in the lower breachable tunnel that connects mid to points 2 and 4.

I echo the others....add to the TV8 rotation! Good work mad-hammer!
Yeah I found that one too, another one of my optimization ideas taken too far. I forgot to Thank You for organizing this. I may have to give up another USD poster somewhere on the map for that.

Bugs have been squashed, eradicated. I'll let this wait another day before I do a compile, wait and see if anyone else found something we all missed.
Image[/center]

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:25 pm

I definitely can't claim credit for all of those finds - I just compiled stuff in to a list as a group of us ran around for an hour or more looking for issues :-)

As far as the water, I use water/water_well for some large bodies of water. It reflects at a distance but as you move through it is is transluscent, and things can be seen below its surface. It's definitely my favorite water of the ones I've tried.
-Boss Llama