Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

<TVB> 10th Anniversary Celebration

Post by abiscuit » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:00 am

September 12th, 2001.

Ten years ago, FragFailure started The Ville Brotherhood as a means to bring people together after the tragic events of 9/11. Over the years TVB grew and eventually spawned two guilds that you see before you today, <eVa> and =USV=. TVB went into remission around 2004, but TF2 breathed new life into the guild and has helped transform it into what you see today. The names at the top of this post list all of the members of TVB, past and present.

The Ville Brotherhood invites you to join us in celebrating this ten year milestone. We will be hosting two fun nights to commemorate this event.

Stock TF2 Night - Sunday, September 11th @ 7pm Ville Time (events.theville.org)
TFC Night - Monday, September 12th @ 8pm Ville Time (69.162.99.28:27015 TheVille.Org - Team Fortress Classic)

The TFC server is currently up if you want to refresh your memory or just want to mess around.

All villuns are welcome to attend. Come by and celebrate ten years of <TVB> with us!

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: <TVB> 10th Anniversary Celebration

Post by black_and_blue » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there for either event. Too bad, I would have liked to have a chance to play TFC again.
:(

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Ooooh boy.... Time for miserable failure and insane amounts of grenades... I <3 TFC

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:23 am

When the guild was created, becoming a <TVB> member quickly became second only to becoming an admin here. Even then, most became <TVB> before becoming an admin here. :lol: It was The Ville Brotherhood, the one and only brotherhood. Private <TVB> nights meant a packed house with wall to wall <TVB> tags for hours, the who's who of TheVille core hanging out and hogging the server. I recall people in the forums asking, "where is everyone tonight and why can't I get on the server?" Answer: "It's <TVB> night!" :lol: Were we really that small? :lol: Hard to believe, it seemed so big back then. Our measly few hundred strong would soon be eclipsed by numbers none of us ever imagined. lol

While the tag itself may have gone dormant for a moment in the past, the spirit behind it never once faded, it's the spirit of TheVille. It lived on through the groups it's members later branched off to create. =USV= and <eVa> carried the torch of <TVB> spirit to a new generation. Was odd for many for a while, like calling your sister or brother by a new name. lol

It's strange at times when I see all of us remnants scattered here and there from those days. Hard to believe it's been this long, for this group to have done what it did. Most I have not seen in years but some are still aboot as a constant reminder of the past, reminders of why I chose to stay here.

Despite the ferocity of growth experienced here over the years, there remains the brotherhood. It's a family feeling beyond simple games that many will never understand but us Villuns understand completely. It is TheVille and why we dropped anchor. Known by many names/tags these days but never the less, The Ville Brotherhood.

Congratulations <TVB>! What a long strange trip it's been. Keep her going will ya?

Thanks for having me Frag. :P
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Powdermilkman
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Powdermilkman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:13 am

I remember drifting around the ville for a few years until I got the privilege to join TVB. I still remember when Bright Red Nipples sent me the PM, which I saved forever in a file on my computer. As silly as it might sound I remember how excited in was to finally be part of one of the two groups at the ville, it was a real badge of honor. Even though I was in college when I joined the ville, TVB was as close to me as any friend I had out in the real world. I was TVB long before I was an admin and owner of the ville. But it was the relationships that I built in TVB that lead to both of those events. Even though I would eventually leave TVB and help form eVa, me and the rest of the founding fathers (-FF) based several of eVa's principles and core beliefs from those found in TVB. It was sad the day TVB went inactive but I think no one was happier than the former TVB in eVa when TVB rose from the ashes with it's new generation carrying the torch which still burns bright today.

Happy birthday TVB and here is to ten more years! :dance:

Former and honored to have been allowed to be in TVB
Powdermilkman

<eVa>Verman
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by <eVa>Verman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Aww damn. That's what I get for not paying attention to the time. I missed em both. Sorry, my bad.