TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The Warpath Cup - Teams Announced!

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:57 am

It did switch from "Coming Soon" to "Signups Open!"...
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 am

OldMan wrote:And I'm sorry to somedude, word is you will not be allowed to play pyro... good luck as a scout!
Umm, what? Why is somedude not allowed to play pyro? Isn't it up to the team to decide?

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:12 am

ShadyJane wrote:
OldMan wrote:And I'm sorry to somedude, word is you will not be allowed to play pyro... good luck as a scout!
Umm, what? Why is somedude not allowed to play pyro? Isn't it up to the team to decide?
VIEW CONTENT:
It was a joke.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 am

bigcaulk wrote:...it should have been posted on the welcome screen/MOTD or whatever it's called when you first get on the warpath server....
Wait....are you saying...that people ACTUALLY read the MOTD?
:D

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 am

Caulk/Exec, you are both relying far too much on our gaming servers for information.

We are a forum based community guys. The 33 posts in 3+ years between you both, reflect your desired levels of involvement in the forums here and why you will continue to remain mostly out of the loop on these types of things. That is your choice and we are certainly happy to have you here in any aspect, especially as supporters! :)

Point is, if you are not involving yourself in the forums on a regular basis, you are missing out on most of what goes on here. The forums are where we do the bulk of our event advertising/discussion. We do not like to cloud up gaming servers with ads that the vast majority consider extremely annoying, any more than we have to. Details will always be sparse at best in server adverts.

Regardless, you both made the signups in time and I am sure you will both certainly play. When you are poor and Irish and someone gifts you a Towering Pillar of Hats, don't be complainin' about the gift wrapping. Now put your hats on and let's play! :lol:
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:02 am

Crap, I wish I was poore and Irish so someone would give me some hats! :(
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

bigcaulk
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bigcaulk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Dog wrote:
bigcaulk wrote:...it should have been posted on the welcome screen/MOTD or whatever it's called when you first get on the warpath server....
[run on sentence]well I don't anymore :lol: but i do think "WARPATH CUP COMING SOON! SIGN UP ON THEVILLE.ORG FORUM TO PARTCIPATE!" in big red letters would have been obscenely hard to miss for everyone that actively plays on theville, but maybe doesn't post on the forum often or at all. [/run on sentence]

anyhow...it's not really a big deal. we got 4 teams of 14 players. good stuff!
Hook 'em!

bigcaulk
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bigcaulk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Gonzo wrote:Caulk/Exec, you are both relying far too much on our gaming servers for information.

We are a forum based community guys. The 33 posts in 3+ years between you both, reflect your desired levels of involvement in the forums here and why you will continue to remain mostly out of the loop on these types of things. That is your choice and we are certainly happy to have you here in any aspect, especially as supporters! :)

Point is, if you are not involving yourself in the forums on a regular basis, you are missing out on most of what goes on here. The forums are where we do the bulk of our event advertising/discussion. We do not like to cloud up gaming servers with ads that the vast majority consider extremely annoying, any more than we have to. Details will always be sparse at best in server adverts.

Regardless, you both made the signups in time and I am sure you will both certainly play. When you are poor and Irish and someone gifts you a Towering Pillar of Hats, don't be complainin' about the gift wrapping. Now put your hats on and let's play! :lol:

Actually it's 295 posts in 9 1/2 years! :clap: lol I think I actually signed up for the forums cause Robert E Lee banned me for not changing my old name :lol:. That's my lil story :dance:!

And yes I know all about the activity on the forums, but I just don't post a lot since I do most of my interaction with the guys and gals in game. I do check them relatively often, but remember it's the gaming aspect of things that has built the forums and The Ville. Things don't need to be spammy on the servers, but more noticeable messages about what is going on in the forums isn't a bad thing either.
Hook 'em!

OldMan
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OldMan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:37 pm

TheCarpe wrote:
ShadyJane wrote:
VIEW CONTENT:
It was a joke.

Yes it was a joke, somedude has to play spy!!!

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Dog wrote:
I read it when it looks noticably different than normal. Change the purple to a different color, make "The Ville" smaller/changed to different text, etc.

Of course, this usually happens the second time I see it as by the time I notice the continue button has already been pressed :P

Edit: WHY IS BBCode FORCED OFF FOR ME? I NEVER MADE THAT CHANGE TO MYSELF!

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Wanted to edit my last post: BBCode is disabled for me in this forum specifically. Even in my Team One subforum I have BBCode.

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:16 pm

bigcaulk wrote:Actually it's 295 posts in 9 1/2 years! :clap: but remember it's the gaming aspect of things that has built the forums and The Ville.
Yes, I recall when we banned you, dirty boy! :naughty:

We know exactly how we got here and why we are still here and no, it's not the gaming aspect. It was and is goats. . .lots and lots of goats. That and events like this that have advertised this same way for over a friggen decade now ya hoser! :blah:

In light of your shocking revelation in regards to server adverts, I will personally switch further event announcements to an HSAY so it appears glaring in the bottom center of the screen. It will make a neato squishy little sound for you an everything. Perhaps we can work on a dancing bear to run across the screen with a sign. . .I'll get with Dog on that. However, if you wish to fully ensure you are always "in the know" around here, the fact remains that you must participate in the forums more! :blah:

And. . . :blah:

I am of course just messing with you. We will take your opinions into account for next time, thx :P

somedude
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by somedude » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:36 pm

OldMan wrote: And I'm sorry to somedude, word is you will not be allowed to play pyro... good luck as a scout!
Awww, :( but then how am I going to help my opposing team stay warm ... and crispy? :icon_wink2:

bigcaulk
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bigcaulk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:01 pm

side question...

what ever happened to robert e lee?
Hook 'em!

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 pm

He's still around in the shadows. Pops up in Steam frequently but he's not one for nostalgia. lol