Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Kill TheCarpe Month 2010!

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 am

[align=center]Image[/align]

My wounds have healed, my bones have mended, and I can now look at a melee weapon without collapsing into tears. This can only mean one thing. It's time for another KILL THECARPE MONTH! Last year it was Tungsten who took home the grand prize, this time, it could be you!

The rules will remain largely the same as last years, with a couple exceptions. Here are the details again:

For the entire month of February, every melee kill you score against <TVB>TheCarpe will be recorded and scored based on a point system. There is no need to sign up, everyone with a forum account is eligible! The event runs from February 1 until midnight February 28th!

At the end of the month, everyone's points will be tallied and the top Carpe killers will receive: Rules and general information:
  • The 10 person limit on the server no longer applies, as long as the HLStats are recording (meaning six or more people on the server), your kills will be tallied.
  • There are no points for assists. Either you get the kill, or you don’t.
  • Kills during the February MeleeMania will not count.
  • Melee kills are eligible in Team Fortress 2 only.
  • Different weapons have different point values, however these specific numbers will not be revealed until the event is over. The point values from last years event have also been reworked. What scored high last year may score low this year, and vice-versa, or it may not change at all.
  • Be creative: There are situations in which a kill with a melee weapon under specific circumstances will net you extra points.
  • What class I am playing makes no difference, nor will my killing you with a melee weapon affect your score.
  • I've got a little more demanding my time now than I did last year, but I'll still make every effort to play when I can and in all of the Ville's servers.
So there you have it. Another murderous month of mayhem and massacring...me! Get out there and give me your best swing!
Last edited by TheCarpe on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:49 am

I dunno Carpe, I believe the ship should be included. On a given round, there may only be 2-3 kills of you. Make it so only you hunter gets points for killing you.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:13 am

I think I should try and get another fireless axetiguisher kill again...

I might not win but that was an awesome moment.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:16 am

Splendid! Warm up the meleeage.
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:20 am

Slight edit about the trading facet of the Grand prize, it can now be any item in my backpack. One of my hats? A piece of Refined Metal to speed along your own hat? Covet my Soldier medal, perhaps? It's your choice.

[quote="MrBlah";p="222175"]I dunno Carpe, I believe the ship should be included. On a given round, there may only be 2-3 kills of you. Make it so only you hunter gets points for killing you.[/quote]

There were a few reasons I decided to exclude the Ship. First, the reason the competition is a challenge is because it's dangerous to get melee kills when there are miniguns and rocket launchers and rifles around you. In The Ship, 90% of the game is melee, so it kind of defeats the purpose. Instead of the challenging, somewhat out-of-the-norm playstyle which is the spirit of the competition, people could get points for simply playing the game as normal. This can happen in TF2 as well, but with far less frequency. Also, it's a little unfair for someone to be on a server with me but never draw my name as a quarry. Finally, I'm clearly identifiable on The Ship with a press of tab, while my relative anonymity can provide a fun dynamic to the event. It's amusing to see people chasing after a different Pyro swinging their weapons, and on the flip side, the pleasant surprise people get when they melee me without even realizing who it was.

So no, I retain the rule that Ship kills do not count.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:29 am

Do any non hlstats kills count? for instance, if I airblast you into the air and make you die of fall damage, the game doesn't count that as a kill even though it is.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:40 am

[quote="BigBiker05";p="222183"]Do any non hlstats kills count? for instance, if I airblast you into the air and make you die of fall damage, the game doesn't count that as a kill even though it is.[/quote]

Look closer, Biker. This is a melee competition. Melee kills only.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:06 am

Lets say I melee crit you, knockback throws you into the air... you fall and die from fall damage, though sometimes I think this does register.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:35 am

Usually, it doesn't. Now if you hit him with a melee weapon and he shoots a rocket at you, killing himself it will record as a world kill for you.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

wyowapiti
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Kill TheCarpe Month 2010!

Post by wyowapiti » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:10 am

Sounds Like fun for us, Carpe ummm not so much. This is cool that you do this because you know all villuns will be looking for you head.

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:53 am

No L4D2 melee kills in Vs. or Scavenge?

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 am

I feel like I should be doing something.
I think I'm going to protect Carpe.

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 am

Time to get my ubersaw ready

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 am

I will be trying very hard to win this, but I fear I don't have enough time to win.

BONK

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 am

You're silly.