Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

TheVille.Org Screenshot Contest

Post by abiscuit » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:10 am

FREEZE FRAME!

If you're like me at all, I'm sure you've got tons of images of screenshots in your game folders. Some may be of you dominating the leader-board by over a hundred points, others may be of the huge killing spree you went on as an ubered pyro. However, I'm sure most of them are of all the stupid things you've seen in-game, whether it be of admin abuse or the heavy pinned up at the top of the wall by a huntsman arrow.

What we want to see are the screenshots you have lying around that make you belly-laugh just thinking about them. Ones that people would never normally see in-game. Something that by looking at it could brighten the most miserable of days!

Of course, we're got to have some kind of limits on this contest, so here they are!

1. ABSOLUTELY NO GMODDING! This is not a GMOD contest, but rather a contest at finding funny pictures within games. Masakari will be screening all entries, and if they look suspicious, they can be refused.

2. The image must be an unedited screenshot - which means that the HUD must be showing in the image. Resizing is allowed, but I'll be resizing all the images anyways.

3. The image can be from any game TheVille.org host - which means TFC, TF2, DOD, DOD:S. PVK, L4D, Synergy, and even AoA if you so desired!

4. There is a limit of one screenshot per person, but you can change the entry as many times up until the deadline as you want.

5. You can submit your entry by emailing Masakari at the email address listed in his profile.

6. Please, please, please, please don't send TGA files. They can easily be converted here and saves Masakari a bit of work.

7. Once each entry is submitted, Masakari will very carefully keep track of which entry is which, as well as anonymize it if needed. He will then post them onto a special Photbucket album linked below, and he will post in this topic whenever new entries are on the page. Please do not comment on the actual Photobucket album! It's best if we keep things centralized in this topic. As well, if you are going to comment on any of the images, please keep it positive. For example, saying something like "Image 14 really made me laugh" is okay, but "Why on earth would the person who submitted image 14 think that's funny" will be deleted.

Album of Entries!

JUDGING:

We've hired a team of very impartial, international, and interguilded judges to rate all the entries. Our wonderful judges consist of myself, John Doe, and MMX. Each of the judges will give each entry a possible of 10 points: six points for humor, and four for originality. At the end of the month, those judges must take the top five highest ranking entries and anonymously agree on first, second and third places.

PRIZES:

1st - 10,000 forum points AND $30 from Steam store or 3 month Gold Supporter Status.
2nd - 5,000 forum points AND $20 from Steam store or 3 month Silver Supporter Status.
3rd - 1,000 forum points AND $10 from Steam store or 3 month Bronze Supporter Status.

(For first and second place, if you a currently a supporter it will just extend your membership by an additional three months)

So go around the servers, play some good games with friends, and see if you can't get a picture of something great!

Side note: the full image of Torven's beautiful GMOD picture in the background of the banner can be found here. Thanks again for the image Torven!
Last edited by abiscuit on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TheVille.Org Screenshot Contest

Post by Gizanked » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:13 am

oh snap, spot reserved for first place WINRAR!
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoahTheBoa » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:57 am

Looks like I've got to take more screenshots

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:17 pm

Well, I went through my folder and narrowed it down to 17.
This is going to be hard.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:24 pm

Entry in :-)
-Boss Llama

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:16 pm

I don't think it was mentioned, but this event is all month long. The final deadline for entries is August 31st at 11:59pm Ville Time.

I'd also like to emphasize that you can change your entry at any time up until the deadline. So if you happen to get a good screenshot this month or change your mind feel free to resubmit your entry!

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:31 pm

If everyone uploads the Hurr Hurr thing does everyone win?

:roll:

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:32 pm

Great idea! Since I don't think I'll be able to get a decent ping with this internet, I wish everyone good luck! Looking forward to seeing the entries.

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:07 am

Prizes?! Joy!!! TF2 is ripe with ridiculous occurrences, I'm on patrol.

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:17 am

[quote="Rits";p="186444"]
Great idea! Since I don't think I'll be able to get a decent ping with this internet, I wish everyone good luck! Looking forward to seeing the entries.
[/quote]I'm sure you must have *some* good shots on your computer though! :P
I am the 1%!

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:31 am

lol, ive got an old one of ShiftyDevil picking his buttcrack as a heavy :D It might suffice, so I'll submit it for now :)

I'll take a better look when I get back from the Grand Canyon!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:35 am

and Abiscuit, can you just give me 10,000 points anyway. I needs them.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

The Spanish Inquisition
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Spanish Inquisition » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:20 am

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:15 pm

A quick note - I am currently on my work laptop for the weekend due to being out of town, and most of the entries are sitting in my Thunderbird client at home. Expect them to be uploaded by Monday.

There is an RSS feed for the album too as well, in case anyone's interested.

As well, there will be a second album set up for the "reject" entries (Once that people replaced with newer/better ones as well). Once that gets set up, I'll post a link.
I am the 1%!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Dang, all my screenshots on my laptop look "awesome" but none of them are funny.

Now I wish I was at home.