Total votes: 29

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:30 pm

Look, no matter what any one person thinks, some people take Meleemania seriously in terms of wanting to win their fights. For some people it's a lark. Some people watch because they think it's cool to see, others want to sit around and jaw with other villuns.

But the whole crew takes it quite seriously, they want it to be a fun event, and one that runs smoothly and quickly. They all put a lot of work into it, it's not just a show up, melee, and leave. Please keep that in mind and be respectful of those guys and also of your fellow players. All the shenanigans does is make the same event take a lot longer than it needs to.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:54 pm

[quote="Masakari";p="185991"][quote="MasterChef";p="185975"]
[quote="Masakari";p="185927"] I'm the losingest player in MM history (YES I SAID THAT CHEF)[/quote]

Lies! We proved in battle that I can't even lose on purpose. Therefore that makes me the biggest loser.[/quote]Well, you've made it into the semi(?)-finals, so I hardly consider that worthy of losingest player. Only thing I've ever won is a mulligan in this one (Which didn't even help me!)

Regardless, I imagine that if you and I are ever in a MM together, HAL will be evil and put us against each other.[/quote]

TVB Hal can be cruel like that.

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:21 pm

[quote="MasterChef";p="185975"][quote="Masakari";p="185927"] I'm the losingest player in MM history (YES I SAID THAT CHEF)[/quote]

Lies! We proved in battle that I can't even lose on purpose. Therefore that makes me the biggest loser.

I had started to type out my thoughts on crits but figured I may as well stop. It didn't change last year so I doubt it will be changed this year. I don't like crits in MM but I can live with them.[/quote]

Masa Im going to have to agree with chef on this one. Not just cause its around his birthday but cause he tried to lose and lost at that attempt. So you just got owned!!!!!!!!!
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: August MeleeMania Poll

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm trying to watch the fights. I can have fun like Engi laugh and such but it's different when you have someone ceaselessly trying to kill you, throwing pee on you, shooting you with arrows, taunting in your face, etc.

A little bit of shenanigans is to be expected, it adds to the silliness of the event. Like how DOW used to always kill me or otherwise surprise my between my matches, or the way Prez killed TYO for syaing something about [BR]. You can have a little fun in the stands but when it's the same person doing crap to you over and over and over it gets quite annoying. Why do you think I bound a key to drop you into a death pit?
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:49 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="186020"]
I'm trying to watch the fights. I can have fun like Engi laugh and such but it's different when you have someone ceaselessly trying to kill you, throwing pee on you, shooting you with arrows, taunting in your face, etc.[/quote]Sorry, but that was high on the "things that annoyed Masakari" list too because it was just as distracting as someone in my face. It was funny for maybe like the first thirty seconds, but then it became just as annoying as Guardian. Heck, it was worth getting kicked by Giz to kill a couple of you. :P

Still, people need to drop this problem because all that can be said has been said.. I think if Guardian or anyone else had a problem with either shenanigans in general, the restrictions on said shenanigans, or with anyone's personal opinion it's best to take it up with either the MM heads (biscuit and TYO) or that person in question.

Once again getting this topic train back on the rails, it looks like Jim's going to be a very happy person. That's a good thing, right?
I am the 1%!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:04 pm

It would be nice if there was a screwing around room in the TVB center.... I get bored too easily....

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:06 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="186029"]It would be nice if there was a screwing around room in the TVB center.... I get bored too easily....[/quote]

I can relate to the ADD. I was practicing double jump acrobatics around the death pits.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 pm

[quote="Masakari";p="186024"][quote="TheCarpe";p="186020"]
I'm trying to watch the fights. I can have fun like Engi laugh and such but it's different when you have someone ceaselessly trying to kill you, throwing pee on you, shooting you with arrows, taunting in your face, etc.[/quote]Sorry, but that was high on the "things that annoyed Masakari" list too because it was just as distracting as someone in my face. It was funny for maybe like the first thirty seconds, but then it became just as annoying as Guardian. Heck, it was worth getting kicked by Giz to kill a couple of you.[/quote]

Ah, c'mon. The Engi laugh powering Stevo is a MeleeMania tradition :P
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:09 pm

[quote="Dirty Dan";p="186031"][quote="Guardian";p="186029"]It would be nice if there was a screwing around room in the TVB center.... I get bored too easily....[/quote]

I can relate to the ADD. I was practicing double jump acrobatics around the death pits.[/quote]

Eventually I started jumping on people's heads as a scout. No one seemed to mind...

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:38 am

I your an admin there is a screwing around room!