Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

TheVille DMC - Rule Book

Post by KRG » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:34 am

theville.org proudly presents. . . . .
TheVille Deathmatch Championship!

Every 1st Friday night of the month on the new Ville Events Server!

A seasonal 1 on 1 Deathmatch Championship involving all 9 classes, broken down into weight classes.

There are 3 Championship belts to be obtained, defended, and/or lost. There is 1 Championship belt per each division so you can choose a weight class that best suits your individual fun/skill level.

Soldier / Demo / Scout

Heavy / Medic / Pyro

Engineer / Spy / Sniper

------------------------------------------------------

How it works!

This is a 1 on 1, all weapons affair! No health or ammo resupply!

Restrictions:
Spy - No Cloaking - You may disguise
Engineer - No Build
Sniper - No Sniper Rifle - All other weapons allowed

Map = Maps are always subject to change!

Fight Durations

Standard Fight: 3 Rounds (best of)

Top Contender Fight: 5 Rounds (best of)

Title Fight: 7 Rounds (best of)

Points System

Each division has it's own ladder/ranking system. Rankings in the ladder are decided by your Ladder Score (points total). Ties in the ladder are broken by fight records. If fight records are tied in this instance, the fighters will fight each other.

- Each fighter starts with a score of 0
- 25 Points for each "best of" win
- 12.5 (split points) for a "best of" draw
- 0 Points for a loss

Modifier: In addition to the 25 points for a win, winners receive an additional +5 points for each win (fight record) your opponent has above yours. You must have at least 3 wins to earn modifier points from a fight.

Modifier Example;

Fighter A Record (2-2-0) - Fighter B Record (4-1-0)
If fighter A wins, he/she is awarded 25 flat points for the win plus an additional +10 for the 2 wins Fighter B had above theirs. This means you earn more points when defeating someone with a better record than you.

All %'s are all computed by TVB HAL, TheVille Super Stats Computer. It's findings are questioned only by punishment of a lengthy goat pen duty. TVB HAL's lead programmer is <TVB>abiscuit.

When do I fight?

Fight cards will be posted at least 1 week prior to every DMC night. If you are scheduled to fight and your opponent does not show, another fighter will be chosen to step in for your opponent. You are not penalized for not showing up for a fight, though if you make it a habit of not showing, you may not be put on future fight cards.

Who do I fight?

At the beginning of a season, fighters are randomly paired. After the first fights, fights are created based on fighter rankings in the ladder.

How do I select which class I play in my division?

If you choose to agree to classes with your opponent prior to a fight, that is completely acceptable. Otherwise;

Before the fight starts, each fighter secretly selects their character in spawn. NO CHANGING CLASSES ONCE YOUR SPAWN DOOR OPENS!! Any change will result in a complete disqualification and your opponent will be awarded a win for that duel. A fighter may change classes in spawn, after a win/death. Once again, if your spawn door opens, that is YOUR CLASS!

You may change weapons, load outs etc in spawn.

Win/Lose/Draw

Ladder scores and fight records will be kept up to date in the Signup/Ranking thread. (0-0-0) is the format. A win is scored by killing your opponent in a "best of" fight. If best of 3, you must kill your opponent 2 times, etc. You lose by being killed as many times. If both fighters happen to kill each other in the same fight, it is counted as a draw. One fighter must survive the fight to be awarded a win. If both fighters end up in a complete draw after their "best of" fights, they split the full fight points. Modifer points are not applied to a draw.

"What if I die after my opponent?"
The fight will be considered a draw. If you are on fire, you must wait for the flames to go out before the fight will be considered complete. One fighter must survive the fight to be awarded a win.

Challenge!

Want to rise up the ranks quickly? Or maybe there's an old loss you want to revenge? Each fight night will feature a challenge fight. Before each fight night, a fighter will be randomly chosen to challenge ANYONE on the fight card (despite rank) to a (best of 3) fight. A challenge can not be turned down! These fights will not be considered title fights so only points will be at stake. Remember, beating someone ranked higher than you, earns you a lot of points. Earning more points places you higher in the ladder, thus facing tougher opponents. So choose wisely!

Becoming a Top Contender
Fighter points/rankings determine who are the Top Contenders in each division. A fighter can become a Top Contender by earning points and rising up the ladder in their division. Only a Top Contender may fight for the Championship (of their division).

Fighting the Champ
So you're a Top Contender and you think you're ready to dethrone the champ? Whoa there! If the Champ so choses, he/she may elect to choose which class you both play, if they are willing to match you class for class. If the Champ chooses this option, they must play 1 of each class (in the division) throughout the (best of 7) match. If the Champ does not choose this option, standard fight rules apply. The Champ must make this decision before the first fight begins.

Becoming Champ
Off the start, we will go 1 month to gather points/rankings. After 1 month, we will seed out the Top Contenders in each division and they will eventually fight for the Championship of their division. A Champ retains their division belt until a Top Contender beats them. The Champ must defend his/her title at least once per month (fight a Top Contender) or an interim Champion will be named. If the Champ is unable to fight the interim Champ within 1 month, he/she loses the belt.

Champ Loses The Belt
If the champ loses his/her belt for any reason, they will be considered a Top Contender (despite ladder rank) for 1 fight. The ex-Champ must defeat 1 Top Contender before challenging for the belt again. If the Champ fails to defeat the Top Contender in such a fight, their ladder score will again, determine their ranking.

---------------------------------------------------

Got it? Ready to fight for a belt?

Last edited by KRG on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 14 times in total.
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:27 pm

you know, I still think the scout should be a middle weight :)

it only takes 1 direct rocket or 1 direct pipe to kill a scout.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:43 pm

scout vs demo is a bad match

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:58 pm

I don't know Jesus, if someone can master pipes (or even use stickies well enough to get him before he gets close) as a demo you have a chance against scoots.

Your still at a disadvantage but you've got a shot.

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Yea, definitely not liking the demo vs scout matchup. I'm not a terrible demoman, but I get absolutely destroyed by a good scout.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:59 pm

:lol:

I said the same thing...

evil KRG putting demos against scouts.

But the way it's broken down makes sense, if you look a little deeper.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Thing is, anybody gets destroyed by a good Scout. When it comes to 1v1, especially with no-build, no-cloak, no-rifle, the Scout is stupendously powerful.
-Boss Llama

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:33 pm

[quote="Alizée Fan";p="180996"]Thing is, anybody gets destroyed by a good Scout. When it comes to 1v1, especially with no-build, no-cloak, no-rifle, the Scout is stupendously powerful.[/quote]

Yeah, but that's what crits are for.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:13 pm

[quote="Alizée Fan";p="180996"]Thing is, anybody gets destroyed by a good Scout. When it comes to 1v1, especially with no-build, no-cloak, no-rifle, the Scout is stupendously powerful.[/quote]

Soldiers are pretty good against scouts.

<Xcaliber>
New Villun
New Villun
Loading…

Post by <Xcaliber> » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:28 am

Soldiers are pretty good against scouts.
True but soldiers are only good if u can antisipate an enemy's moves.

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: TheVille DMC - Information

Post by KRG » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:32 am

Try not to look at it too much as Scout VS Demo, Engineer VS Sniper etc.

From the information above; "If you choose to agree to classes with your opponent prior to a fight, that is completely acceptable."

We simply don't want people changing classes 50 times before a fight and slowing things down, thus the "spawn door rule" stated above. You can privately agree to classes (prior to fight night) with your opponent or go random, that decision is up to the fighters.

The only exception is title fights, in which the current champ determines the class/classes to be used. In this scenario, the champ chooses the same class that both fighters will use. There are no mixed class fights in a title fight.

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:07 am

Honestly, right now I think the biggest class disadvantage is the medic. Speaking from experience, heavies and pyros are the worst classes to try and take down as a battle medic.
I am the 1%!

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: TheVille DMC - Information

Post by KRG » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:40 am

Major things to consider about Medic are;

- Medic is the only class that can regain health via resting or needle gun. That's a pretty massive advantage in this, on it's own.

- With the giant ring in the center to provide cover, a Medic can duck/cover from fire long enough to regain some health. Heavy chasing Medic around a big circle? Medic wins that race. lol

- Medic has the ability to uber.

Truth is, while some matchups may seem one sided, nothing is impossible and it makes it all the more exciting when the underdog wins. We'll see how this season goes and then take a look at the stats from it all. We may introduce a new weight class next season, change things up. For now, there's a method to the madness.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:51 am

Will the health packs/ammo still be in the corners? Will they be legal to pick up?
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:23 pm

The only thing I want to know is how did the "Heavy" get put into the middle weight class? His name is Heavy shouldnt he be in the heavy weight class. Does this bother anyone else but me? That is why I refuse to fight in the middle weight class. That and the fact I suck at those ones.
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation