TheVille DMC - Rule Book

Moderator: Site Admins

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Ok I have a small request.

Can we ban the Sandman? Ya ya I know "sandman hate" arguments aside it's just not balanced in a 1v1 situation.

You pretty much win if you manage to stun a target, you DO have enough time to kill a 200HP soldier if you stun him, it's just not fair for your opponent.

The scout is one of the best classes in 1v1 situations without the sandman which is why he's in the heavy weight division.

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 pm

I like the idea of the sandman. Makes things more interesting. Plus you can find ways to dodge it since there is a huge sheild in the middle of the place.
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 pm

I think anyone you are facing would rather you used the sandman and lost your double jump, it would make it a ton easier to hit you as a demo or soldier and for a Scout suddenly the non-Sandman player has a mobility advantage.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:06 am

Still think about this guys.

If the scout stuns anyone, he wins. You can kill someone faster then they unstun with only a 50% damage reduction. If the scout miss he can always just run around the glass pillar until his ball recharges. It just wouldn't be fun for both combatants. It's also difficult to dodge something as fast as the sandman with lag compensation.

We already banned the regular sniper rifle, cloak and buildings so I don't see any wrong in tossing in the controversial sandman.

Either way, I'm looking forward to our soldier duel Pinko.

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:00 am

Since this is for fun and could cause shenanigans, I'd leave it in. Sniper rifles, even if allowed, would be useless on the map. Buildings are simply cheap, and cloak wouldn't be of much help if there's only one person the other one is looking out for.
I am the 1%!

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:53 am

[quote="Masakari";p="181549"]
Since this is for fun and could cause shenanigans, I'd leave it in. Sniper rifles, even if allowed, would be useless on the map. Buildings are simply cheap, and cloak wouldn't be of much help if there's only one person the other one is looking out for.
[/quote]

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:33 am

[quote="Masakari";p="181549"]Since this is for fun and could cause shenanigans, I'd leave it in. Sniper rifles, even if allowed, would be useless on the map. Buildings are simply cheap, and cloak wouldn't be of much help if there's only one person the other one is looking out for.[/quote]

whoa! whoa whoa whoa, hold on. Fun??? i don't know about this...
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:58 pm

[quote="Masakari";p="181549"]Since this is for fun and could cause shenanigans, I'd leave it in. Sniper rifles, even if allowed, would be useless on the map. Buildings are simply cheap, and cloak wouldn't be of much help if there's only one person the other one is looking out for.[/quote]

Bah.

But that's my point, it's still cheap and annoying. It's not fun when you get stunned. But I think I'll drop this here as I think there's only one way of proving my point.

unsmart
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by unsmart » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:05 pm

What about bandages? I have all this runecloth, and if my opponent allows me to use it that would be his own fault right? Also soul shards, in this duel are they acceptable to use, or will I be called a noob for using shadowburn?

Serious question though: 7:30 CST is 5:30 PST right? I suck at the time conversions, especially when daylight savings is in effect or not in effect or partially in effect.
[img]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9884/twosnaps004.gif[/img]

YevGenie
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YevGenie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:27 pm

Let me know via PM how/what you want voice recorded for this KRG :)

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TheVille DMC - Information

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:06 pm

The Sandman does not fire a basketball. Releasing a ball is not a guaranteed win for the Scout. If someone fighting a Scout sees him holding the Sandman, leaves himself open, and manages to let himself be hit by the baseball while in motion, he deserves the damage (as does the Scout, for pulling it off in the first place).

Also, half damage from stun.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS