TheVille.org 10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Moderator: Site Admins

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

TheVille.org 10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Post by Masakari » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Happy Anniversary TheVille.org! Ten years later and still going strong!

I'm pretty sure most people expected great things in 1999 (especially considering it started out on a long weekend!), but who'da thought that a vibrant, energetic, goat-loving online gaming community would come from it? In a year that had the debut of Napster (Also in June, ironically), Spongebob Squarepants, and Windows 98 SE (How ironic is that?) also gave us the start of the wonderful community most of us now call home.

How are we going to celebrate such a grand occasion as this one? With two jam-packed weekends of gaming goodness! Let's give a breakdown:
  • Saturday, June 20th at 6:00PM: TFC Map Night: This night will be filled with classic maps from TFC days, such as badlands_classic, rock2, acropolis, epicenter, and more! Yes, these maps may not fit in well with TF2, but this will give all those people who never played TFC a chance to experience some of these great maps. And we may even have the Hunted mod on it too!
  • Sunday, June 21st at 6:00PM: Classic Customs Night: Do the names Roswell, Mach4, Corporation, and Castle ring a bell for you? Then you'll certainly want to make it out to this night! Remember the days of the original customs back when TF2 first came out!
Of course, The Ville was never just about TFC/TF2, which is why next weekend is Day of Defeat weekend!
  • Saturday, June 27th at 6:00PM: DoD1.3 Night: A game that still has an incredible following to this day, spend a night playing this realistic shooter with fellow villains! This game is what brought a lot of people here initially, and was also the favorite game of our very own Blue Ruler.
  • Saturday, June 28th at 6:00PM: DoD:Source Night: With it's re-invigoration thanks to an intrepid group of people, come enjoy the newer remake of DoD. And, of course, listen to all the old timers whine about how it's not as good as the classic :)
Servers will not be passworded - it's open to everyone out there! Come join the celebration!

As well, expect more anniversary related topics coming up within the next two weeks!
I am the 1%!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Just one question Masakari..... WHERE is the classic customs TF2 night being held. TVX?

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Both TF2 nights will most likely be held on TVX. DoD/DoD:S nights will be held on their respective servers.
I am the 1%!

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:11 pm

I'm not the only play who plays games naked?

:wink:

Well, sounds like tons of fun! It's weird to think that I've been here less than a year, and the Ville has been up for a whole ten years!

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:23 pm

[quote="Bronze Fox";p="179731"]Well, sounds like tons of fun! It's weird to think that I've been here less than a year, and the Ville has been up for a whole ten years![/quote]

It's true! A lot of online communities are lucky if they hit a year or two, and we're ten years and counting, going strong!
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Runaway Sparrow
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Re: TheVille.org 10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Post by Runaway Sparrow » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 pm

I've been playing on The Ville servers pretty much since TF2 came out and I haven't played on any other servers since. I was immediately drawn to the quality of the servers and the people/regulars who played on them (then I became addicted to Warpath, hehe). The Ville has been one of the best gaming communities I've been a part of, and I'm amazed and very glad to see that it has made it 10 years. Thank You and Cheers!!!

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: TheVille.org 10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Post by KRG » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:28 pm

So, who do I get to spank? :ik:
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:52 pm

...porky

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Is this the official longest lasting gaming community?

ShadyIMG
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShadyIMG » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:40 am

Sounds fun. I hope to get involved and try out the maps since it'll be my first time running around on them. =)
TVC 2009 Red Rum Robbers 3rd Place
TF 2: Others having fun at MY expense.

Espada
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Espada » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:27 am

Dammit...I'm not gonna be able to come.

I hate you all...

"He's like a guardian angel with a tan hat and a bushy beard!"

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:38 am

I remember back in the 1.3 days..............................the Germans had TWO rifles..................see the first one was a bolt.........................................................action that was the choice for all those...........................fancy pants players............................now the other
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:32 am

[quote="E.T. EddieTorrez";p="179781"]I remember back in the 1.3 days..............................the Germans had TWO rifles..................see the first one was a bolt.........................................................action that was the choice for all those...........................fancy pants players............................now the other[/quote]I remember back in the day there were TWO smg's for the Americans. The Thompson...then some black pipe that sounded cool. Then there were British and their silly PIAT...and how could anyone forget glider? Best map ever.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:35 am

...there was always an mg and a sniper hiding inside the downed glider.

ScurvySD
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ScurvySD » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:39 am

Awww, I'm working during classic customs. :(