Moderator: Site Admins

JohnCarterofMars
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Ville Awards

Post by JohnCarterofMars » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 pm

CANDEEEEHHHH!!! yum num num!!!

BTW, there can be only one!

oh... and another thing, DOW already has candeh, as that is his wife's name(and she is much hotter than the Highlander candeh without a doubt). so i say he is ineligible for the Roadie prize!
Last edited by JohnCarterofMars on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Only two slots left for the Maiden Race! Judging by the names on the list, that's going to be a blast.

If the field fills up, eligible players can also sign up as an alternate. Alternates get a slot on the server, space permitting.
"After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet," stating that Yorke was once rude to him." - from Wikipedia

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: February MeleeMania

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:05 pm

[quote="Flobee";p="151705"]Sign me up for the Maiden Race, even though I have the horrible feeling I'll die immediately to crits again.[/quote]

Crit happens, Flobee. Just gotta roll with em and hope the crit gods are on your side, because they always side with someone.

I still say the Spy month was the best month of MeleeMania simply because the knife cannot crit without a backstab. Alas.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:03 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="151881"][quote="Flobee";p="151705"]Sign me up for the Maiden Race, even though I have the horrible feeling I'll die immediately to crits again.[/quote]

Crit happens, Flobee. Just gotta roll with em and hope the crit gods are on your side, because they always side with someone.[/quote]

speaking of crits happen, in the scout melee mania, carpe had so many crits on me, i hit him ONCE in 3 rounds..... an embarrassing day for winky indeed.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Gizanked » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:32 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="151881"][quote="Flobee";p="151705"]Sign me up for the Maiden Race, even though I have the horrible feeling I'll die immediately to crits again.[/quote]

Crit happens, Flobee. Just gotta roll with em and hope the crit gods are on your side, because they always side with someone.

I still say the Spy month was the best month of MeleeMania simply because the knife cannot crit without a backstab. Alas.[/quote]

sometimes my back is in my face though, and that makes spies annoying.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:19 pm

So, does the BIG GOLD BELT go to the Champion of Champions only or do the Maiden Race and Roadie Jam winners also get to display the belt next month?
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Good question! Buzzy Beetle will keep the Big Gold Belt for the next regular event. Maybe there will be a new belt for the Grand Champion...
"After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet," stating that Yorke was once rude to him." - from Wikipedia

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:07 pm

[quote="Thom Yorke Obliterator";p="152323"] a new belt for the Grand Champion...[/quote]

:icon_pray:
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Infusions
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Infusions » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:10 pm

[quote="Gizanked";p="152083"]sometimes my back is in my face though, and that makes spies annoying.
[/quote]

That's funny, I remember the Spy telling me just the other day how much he looooves yoooou.
[url=http://lolschach.blogspot.com/][img]http://g.imagehost.org/0572/LOL_6.png[/img][/url]

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Shall me and Carpe square off again?
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:13 am

We still need one more player for the Maiden Race! Who could pass up the chance to possibly beat up Kilaak Kommander and take home a headcrab hat or something? It's like Mardi Gras.

Red Seal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Red Seal » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:33 am

TYO if you still need one i shall try again

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:22 am

You're signed up, Red Seal!

We've got a complete field now, so expect brackets to be posted soon. If you're signed up for any event, get those theme songs sent in!

We still need a few alternates for the Maiden Race, and will be sending invites for Tournament of Champions alternates. Remember, the top alternate almost always gets in. (I've listed Ian_Suffix as a possible Maiden Race alternate since he's eligible and will be in the Roadie Jam.)

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:44 pm

I'll alt for anything :) I need to kill Carpe while in there, just to make sure he doesnt win anything.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Don't forget to submit those theme songs and Fun Facts! If you don't have a theme song, we'll provide you one from the MeleeMania Greatest Hits collection. Be very afraid.

Two points of interest:

- The Chef's Revenge match has been made a No Holds Barred Loser Leaves Town Match!

- The GPB is coming....