idea for remember blue ruler - your thoughts ?

This is the place to discuss our friends who have been taken away from us.
Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Zman » Sat May 03, 2008 8:43 pm

Ill where the tag

Because even though I didnt know him I dont think the tag means that you should where it only because you knew him, but for others to acknoledge that he was part of theville and any part of theville is important to me too

So Im whering for his history,not that I knew him
Patrick: "I wumbo, you wumbo, he she we wumbo, wumboing, wumbology, they study of wumbo...come on Spongebob, this is first grade!"

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Sun May 04, 2008 4:05 pm

[quote="Zman";p="91259"]Ill where the tag

Because even though I didnt know him I dont think the tag means that you should where it only because you knew him, but for others to acknoledge that he was part of theville and any part of theville is important to me too

So Im whering for his history,not that I knew him[/quote]

His memory is important to the people here and this place is important to me. I'm wearing it for the same reasons as the others new to The Ville.

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:39 am

All,
Based on the logs from TF2, many of the regulars around here have worn the tag in Blue's memory. I think I counted 38 unique people in the logs.

I had to count manually because several people, like me, show up several times like {SMS}Spam-RBR- and Spam-RBR- and [ewok]<eva>Spam-RBR- and so on....

To those that did add -RBR- to remember Blue - I say thank you. Blue was a large part of the history of this place, and it is very touching that many of you choose to use -RBR- to honor him.

I'll be removing the -RBR- from my normal steam name Sunday after melee mania. I do plan to leave my DoD and TFC names having -RBR-, as those were the games where based on the stories I've read that I'll remember Blue Ruler in the most.

GG Blue. GG.

Spam
[img]https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/spammers.gif[/img]

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:59 am

Yeah, I left it on for the month, and saw (and see), lots of people with it.

As I become friends and get to know some people around the community, it means a little more to me than it did a month ago.

I guess this would be a fitting place to thank those who make this community possible, and also the people that I have befriended here.

SU

M_G_P
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M_G_P » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:46 am

Just an idea i just thought of dunno if its been mentioned before but how about a memorial cup?

held yearly on a date that would be significant to Blue Ruler

Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Zman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:06 am

[quote="M_G_P";p="103916"]Just an idea i just thought of dunno if its been mentioned before but how about a memorial cup?

held yearly on a date that would be significant to Blue Ruler[/quote]

That is a good idea and I would also like to suggest a RBR steam community page. :idea:

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:51 am

[quote="M_G_P";p="103916"]Just an idea i just thought of dunno if its been mentioned before but how about a memorial cup?

The final match of the Ville Cup was held on the day that Blue passed away. During that match everyone wore the RBR tag. I think it was a coincidence, but maybe we can just have it around the same time every year.

I'm all for remembering Blue, but I don't think we need to get too carried away with steam communities and such. This forum is enough for people to come to whenever they would like to take a moment to remember Blue Ruler. Anything more and it becomes too much.

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:55 pm

I agree with Masterchief. -RBR- was a informal, recognized, common way to remember Blue in game. As per a full on steam community, that would probally be too much.

We have this section of the forum dedicated to remembering Blue, for those who wish to come here and discuss their memories of him, and for the new members of the community to learn about him.

As per a "memorial" game, every year, something will get done to remember blue. This year, a lot of people wore the -RBR- tag during the final match of the TF2 cup, which lined up with the date of his passing.

Next year, we'll see what's going on, what games are popular, and propose something....

Spam

[quote="[HALO]MasterChief";p="103933"]

The final match of the Ville Cup was held on the day that Blue passed away. During that match everyone wore the RBR tag. I think it was a coincidence, but maybe we can just have it around the same time every year.

I'm all for remembering Blue, but I don't think we need to get too carried away with steam communities and such. This forum is enough for people to come to whenever they would like to take a moment to remember Blue Ruler. Anything more and it becomes too much.
[/quote]
[img]https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/spammers.gif[/img]