Heartbreaking news about our friend Stevo

This is the place to discuss our friends who have been taken away from us.
Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Heartbreaking news about our friend Stevo

Post by Flash » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:33 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I share our friend Stevo, Steve Guidetti, passed away yesterday. He was only 32.

For those who didn't know, Stevo had muscular dystrophy and utilized a wheelchair for mobility. But that didn't define him. Stevo was an Eagle Scout, an open source coder, an artist, a gamer and of course a friend.

He was always willing to share his knowledge, posting tutorials and sharing code on his website and other places.

Stevo spent over 15 years gaming here at The Ville and dedicated a large amount of time to making sure our servers ran smoothly so we all had a family-friendly place to play. The Ville will carry on because you know that is what he would have wanted.

Stevo, you will be greatly missed.

For those who had the privilege to game with Stevo over the years, what is your favorite memory? Let's take this opportunity to remember the good times and what Stevo meant to us all.

UPDATE:

Several Villuns have asked about the best place to send donations in Stevo's memory. Stevo had been working with Able Gamers, hosting a stream on their feed just a week before his passing.

Gizanked has spoken with Stevo's mother who agreed Able Gamers would be a worthy cause that we know Stevo supported. If you are so inclined please visit the Able Gamers Donation page and contribute in his memory.

If you choose to do so please expand the options at the bottom of the donation form:

Honor or remember someone with your gift?
Memorial

Whom do you want to recognize?
Steve "StevoTVR" Guidetti

Stevo was also working to raise $200 for Black Girls Code during the month of February and has almost reached that goal as well.
UPDATE 2/28/21:
Stevo's official obituary published today in his local newspaper:
https://obits.ocregister.com/obituaries ... =197900136

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Heartbreaking news about our friend Stevo

Post by LadeeeDuke » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:38 pm

There are many memories to choose from when I think of Stevo...but I will limit it to this one for the moment. I think my favourite memories of him always surrounded mayhem we would do on TF, TF2, Dod, Dod Source, or Minecraft. I loved making the videos with him and could always count on him to engage me in silly antics on TF2. We would play the entire map running backwards and taunt killing folks. I loved that I could count on him to be silly with me. I will miss that so much.

DukeNukem
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: FlZlX

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by DukeNukem » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:44 pm

Flash,

This is very sad news indeed! Salute! You will be missed Stevo!!

Although he started out a young annoying player, he grew, matured, and became the curator of all things Ville.
Raise your glasses and remember Stevo.
This is for you Stevo --> The Parting Glass

DukeNukem (aka Duke)
I STINK therefore I SPAM!! [Doctored Descartes]

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:47 pm

I'm so sad don't have the words, wish his family well.
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:54 pm

My fondest memories of Stevo are of MeleeMania and shooting the TF2 music videos. Dude was so much fun to be around. Stevo embodied the Ville as few people could. He was helpful, smart, and always funny. I know this place brought a lot of happiness to his life and he gave us all that back tenfold.

You will be sorely missed, Stevo. This place, and those of us who are part of it, will never forget you.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Stevo has been such a calm, caring, and fun influence on us for so long, it's hard to imagine The Ville without him. A firm head on his shoulders, always aware of the practical needs of the community, but guaranteed to bring a smile with his antics and carefree approach to a game, whether it was TF2, Minecraft, or any of the other countless ways we had the privilege of playing with him. He epitomized the gamer who played for fun, in a genuine, heartfelt, and compassionate way.

For my own part, I am especially thankful for his patience with me as I stumbled around some of the technical aspects of running a server and trying to get the settings right. I know hardware well, but I'm a total doofus at networking still, and he guided for through countless steps without a hint of frustration, until I got things right.
-Boss Llama

Flyte
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Flyte » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:11 pm

I'd always see Stevo setting up spawn in new Minecraft servers and I'd use his maps to find my perfect home point or stalk black&blue's distant travels. His contributions to theVille went far beyond that and made this place open to all, even to the annoying younger gamer I was. Rest in peace, Stevo.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:21 pm

Heartbroken.

All the times we spent on the servers together, over the years, were always fun and his humour was at the centre of everything.
From things like refusing to speak to anyone on the server except to say the word banana, or letting the other team do their thing on DoD1.3 while he tried (along with the rest of the team) to climb a tree. It's funny. I only remember the weird nights on the servers when we didn't actually play the game. During the DoDS years, there'd be the three of us on the server - Preacher, Stevo and me trying to get it started up. Ineveitably, it would be looking for holes or map glitches.

He took over the Ville from Stutter and made the place better and kept it alive. The forums were rewritten and much improved - he was a fantastic coder. He loved this place.
After I stepped back from TheVille, I missed the Stevo voice but least in recent years, I had the chance to watch his streams.
He had amazing courage dealing with Muscular Dystrophy over the years, eventually playing games using his facial features or voice commands to expertly control the game. I will always admire him for making the best of what he had.

I'm going to miss the guy.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:22 pm

I haven't been on the Ville much in the last couple of years. Life got busy with other stuff. For me, Stevo was the heart of this place. The robot that kept it all running. I didn't know him as well as I thought despite the countless times we talked as he patiently helped me out or I bounced ideas off of him. I will miss him though.

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:45 pm

I have no words right now. Some of my fondest memories of theville are playing TF2 with Stevo and the rest of the "Old TF2 Crew". He will be missed by all of us.

Let's make sure theville lives on for a long time. It's what Stevo would want.
[img]https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/spammers.gif[/img]

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:04 pm

Stevo is an embodiment of everything TheVille stands for. You could tell he really loved this place. Spent countless hours playing TF2 among other things with him. The most Stevo thing I can think of is him saying "What" in that Stevo way.

He will be missed.

kkpyro
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by kkpyro » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Such a beautiful person. Stevo was calm, wise beyond his years and best of all...that quiet sense of humor.
My favorite memory of Stevo is while trying to set up a Minecraft event, a few years ago, I was getting a little ambitious. In a classic Stevo moment, he waited until I had struggled my way through an issue, then calmly solved my problem in less than 10 words. And of course there was that little chuckle. He was a good friend. I loved the TBT posts on FB of him as a child, these were my favorites. Stevo, my friend, you will be missed. But, you'll live on here at TheVille. You are too much a part of it, you'll not be forgotten. <3

Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
The Ville Cup 2012- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Dustbowl loves Warpath 2013-CDi
The Ville Cup 2013- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tater Tots
The Ville Cup 2014- <gTa> Goat Theft Anonymous

Spectral Fire
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: SpectralFire
Blizzard tag: Spectralfire#1425

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Spectral Fire » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:32 pm

Stevo was someone you could always count on, spent many hours playing TF2 with him years ago and more recently would stop in to watch his streams on twitch. He's saved all of his streams so you can go an watch them. https://www.twitch.tv/stevotvr
He was a staple of this great community and will be greatly missed.

As my sig says,
Last edited by Spectral Fire on Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friends made are never forgotten. Even if we grow apart or move on from this life, the fun times we spent together was all worth it.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:33 pm

I'm unable to find the words to express how much He will be missed.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:35 pm

RIP Stevo. Honestly Stevo was such an intrinsic part of my ville experience its hard to imagine a ville without Stevo. He was always there keeping everything running smooth. He was such an ever present part of all my ville memory's. His voice was so memorable to me that I was shocked when i heard him last month and could immediately pick him out of the crowd. His tone was always level even when surprised. Every melee mania, every ville cup, hell most tv2 seeds Stevo was always around cracking wise in an even tone. When you had a technical issue he was always johnny on the spot too. Im glad I got to game with him one more time before the end. I will miss him.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."