New maps to mapvote?

A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:38 pm

we should have a custom map night, no stock maps just customs, if we could prepick the maps im sure one of the friendly admins would do a map pack so we dont all hit the d/load server at the same time.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Lemming808
Villun
Villun

Re: New maps to mapvote?

Post by Lemming808 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:27 pm

OMG escape needs to be removed from the mapvote!!

Worst map evah!! That is all

Lem

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 am

Have to disagree here on escape.. Had it on the other day and lots of the regs were loving it. I think it is a fun map as well.. Gets away from the quick flag capping.. If you have people on both worfors it takes some good strategy to win as Allies.
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

Lemming808
Villun
Villun

Post by Lemming808 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:37 am

It's a camp map...

Stat players love it...just put up an MG somewhere and wait for the hard chargers to run into your KZ...but meh if the regs like it the regs like it..I'll just watch for the map to change before I join in.

I can't stand campers or helping along the people who just play for stats.

Lem

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:17 pm

Whenever someone sets up an Mg I just go around it and stab them or switch to sniper and take em out.. I agree I am an anti camp player too but all maps can get camped.. KPD is going to be high with a MG regardless.. Usually the stat players are the people that like to rush and cap the flags not the campers.. The one thing that gets me on campers is they dont have the mid capped and they are crawling around by your first.. :lol: I just dont get it..
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

bigfoot_hunter
Villun
Villun

Post by bigfoot_hunter » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:16 am

Played escape last night and had lots of fun. People need to be motivated and push forward, not hang around and wait to shoot someone in the back.
[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/bigfoot_hunter/bflogo21111.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/bigfoot_hunter/caution.gif[/img]

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:33 am

I too like escape, but do agree in the sense that a well placed mg can be hard to deal with but that applys to any map.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

pattycake
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by pattycake » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:37 pm

Escape is an ok map.... when people know how to play. I agree with Lemming, we are getting the same 4-5 maps all day. Flugplatz should be taken out, burned, and the maker castrated. I used to have all kinds of texture issues with that map. Alot of purples and black & white checkerboard :shock: Makes me biased I guess... Those 2 maps seem to clear the server on a regular basis.

How about Chemille? Cr44 is a good alternative to Saints (which is a good map) Rennes, while tiny, is sure to be a slaughterfest. Skyline is a refreshingly different view. Tiger is a nice, small map. Railroad? Who coould forget zaphod 8) I know some of them are custom but people are voting for crappy maps and we lose everyone anyway.... There is always anzio... :P

Just a thought from a daytime player....

Edit: I can't spell

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:50 pm

I do agree some map changes could be made and 1 or 2 dropped for the time being.

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:40 pm

Wow if you guys don't like escape what'll happen when TV3 goes 24-7 Caen :shock:
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

Lemming808
Villun
Villun

Post by Lemming808 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Caen is actually a decent well flowing map. Big open space for rifles and snipers and yet still corners for the back shooters to hide in. Not to mention the back access for the buildings.

Yeah chemille...good map...never knew why people didn't like it. I'd say for sure remove either sturm or merderet...and replace one with a custom or something different. I've been in server when we went back to back on these two maps.

Anything is good...change is good....but then again...TV has been around for a long time where other servers have died off....so you must be doing something right =P

Lem