A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Steam demos

Post by Zman » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:59 pm

So i used to take demos of my cal play using source recorder

And I would like to make a video by using fraps to record me watching the source record.

So how would I play the demos, and I played the match on a different computer so I dont know if it downloads to my computer or steam. So if anyone knows how to watch them it would be much apprectiated.

P.S. I dont remember the names of the demos so that might be a problem if it is, ill have to find another way. Or maybe I could find the file name in my old computer and it would jog my memory and I could play it. So please help if you can :D

Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Zman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:34 am

bumpy/help please
Patrick: "I wumbo, you wumbo, he she we wumbo, wumboing, wumbology, they study of wumbo...come on Spongebob, this is first grade!"

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Re: Steam demos

Post by Nuckin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:24 am

[quote="Zman";p="105440"]So i used to take demos of my cal play using source recorder

And I would like to make a video by using fraps to record me watching the source record.

So how would I play the demos, and I played the match on a different computer so I dont know if it downloads to my computer or steam. So if anyone knows how to watch them it would be much apprectiated.

P.S. I dont remember the names of the demos so that might be a problem if it is, ill have to find another way. Or maybe I could find the file name in my old computer and it would jog my memory and I could play it. So please help if you can :D[/quote]

It should save them in your DOD folder on the computer you used. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps"your name"\day of defeat\dod It will be saved as a .dem file extension

May be able to copy them to a thumb drive and put them in that folder on the new comp..

Then just go into your console and play the demo type "playdemo (and whatever you titled your demo name). When you play the demo you can record with fraps while watching it.
[Teamwork Respect Fun]