Lower the amount of MGs

A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Lower the amount of MGs

Post by Zman » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:08 pm

Alright im gettin killed by Mgs to often it needs to be harder for Blackheart to get an MG :lol: because i was on a map and like the whole other team just had Mgs now I dont mind people using Mgs but its when they just use Mgs for stats thats what annyos me Its just my opinion I think Blackheart will disagree just kidden im not like that Blackheart if you wanna Mg do it as much as you want but when a whole team has MGs thats when I go mad and fling a gazillion nades at you :lol:

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

lol

I know, I hate it when people grab 42s off the ground. Next thing you know there's 6 axis mgs posted up

Shockwave
Villun
Villun

Re: Lower the amount of MGs

Post by Shockwave » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:46 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the number of MGs is limited on a map by map basis with most maps having a limit of 2.

ZMan, the fun part is to figure out how to get in there and take out that MG. It just brings a smile to my face.

~Shocky

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:57 pm

[quote="Shockwave";p="31121"]
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the number of MGs is limited on a map by map basis with most maps having a limit of 2.

ZMan, the fun part is to figure out how to get in there and take out that MG. It just brings a smile to my face.

~Shocky
[/quote]

Id have to agree

well put Shocky

Morbid
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Morbid » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:56 pm

lol please dont act like its hard for you to take out mg's atleast it shouldnt be Zman... or shockwave.... just quick scope and whimle your still walking fast round the corner.. he'll wont be able 2 react quick enough if you do it right.... ps camping snipers is the mostm annoying thing to me.. how hard is it mto move up
[img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9954/backgroundnv6.jpg[/img]

Shockwave
Villun
Villun

Post by Shockwave » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:08 pm

[quote="Morbid";p="31129"]how hard is it mto move up[/quote]
It is not hard at all to move up.

Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Zman » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:42 pm

You got a point the point of the game is to figure out how to win but if a guy on his team camps his First the team will never win its impossibe if they spawn as Mg and they camp there then it doesnt matter but if they come in at the middle of the game or they got shot with 90 damage exit the game and comes back 30 seconds later there being a stat hog and I dont like that so when i see blackheart on the oppisite team i know i will never win Do you see what I mean Shockwave there are someplaces that you just cant get with a sniper like when there sitten in spawn you have no choice but to shoot in spawn but then you break the rules

Plus if I try to just sprint out and try to jump to the flag it doesnt work either :cry:
Patrick: "I wumbo, you wumbo, he she we wumbo, wumboing, wumbology, they study of wumbo...come on Spongebob, this is first grade!"

malus
Villun
Villun

Post by malus » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:53 am

i have kille dblack heart serval times a she was campin...not to hard as the mg only rotates so far
use the map to your advantage and knife him in da noggin

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:47 am

I nade MGs all day, every day :twisted:
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:34 am

Well, if any of you green horns had ever played TFC (or NeoTF), youd know mgs in DoD are pretty simple.

Try killing an MG with aimbot and 360 degree rotation, and an engy tossin EMPs at ya. Now that can get tough

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:29 am

And MGs on the RPG server wouldn't last more than a couple of seconds anyway...Gas? Air Strike?

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:00 am

[quote="l3eeron";p="31292"]
Try killing an MG with aimbot and 360 degree rotation, and an engy tossin EMPs at ya. Now that can get tough[/quote]

Did you see how the dispensers automatically resuppy/repair the SGs in TF2? THAT's gonna be tough! I don't care though...how can you shoot me if you can't see me? :lol:
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Zman » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 pm

Spray and Prey
Patrick: "I wumbo, you wumbo, he she we wumbo, wumboing, wumbology, they study of wumbo...come on Spongebob, this is first grade!"

(Clergy)CardinalRoark
Villun
Villun

Post by (Clergy)CardinalRoark » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:50 am

I don't have a problem with MGs, sure they can be annoying but I can't think of a place where they aren't vulnerable.

If they're camping axis 1 then all you have to do is go through mid, into the spiral, go over towards the arch, prone on the balcony and slide out and shoot them. If they aren't in that spot up top but are at the sandbags or more into spawn then you just have to stand up and pop them (or nade them).

If it's an ally at ally 1 then you can nade them or shoot them from over ally 1, or if they are on the roof then you can nade that from the apts.

The toughest spot, if they've got skill, would probably be church bottom (if I get there with a 42 then it's likely a lot of people are going to die) and then the easy way around that (besides trying to get them with a sniper or get a good nade throw) would be to go up to allies sniper window and nade the church front from up there (you have to bank it off the wall but it's a pretty easy throw).

Oh, and if the mg is in axis 2 or on axis 2 balcony then you can nade them from red roof, just prime it and toss it towards axis 2, if you can get the timing right then it blows up in the air above axis 2 and can take all of them out.

-Roark

The Tiju
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Tiju » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:05 am

mgs are fun, especially when u pretend to be Rambo!!!

but yeah u just gotta use ur nades and its all good. its fun watchin the mgs trying to scurry away from the nade and u see em explode
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/C4NT_TheTiju_sig.jpg[/img]

Never Fear, The Tiju is Here