Need some advice!

A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
DBSW?
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Need some advice!

Post by DBSW? » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:35 am

I've been DOD'n for some time now and it seems like I've plateau'd in the skill department. I'm not one for cheating or hacks, if anyone can give me some advice on improving my game I'd greatly appreciate it. Is it the machine I use? Is it my controls? Do I need to rethink or change my strategy. Thanks in advance for the help!.......................WHAT?

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 am

start hacking :)...jk...when ur in game be constantly moving, only stop when ur going to shot someone and that should only take like a sec...it's tough for ppl to hit you when ur moving...also prime nades on the run...if ur not sure ppl r around the corner just go around it shoting...if you can't get out of the way of an enemy and u know ur screwed try jumping and swan diving behind something u can usually dodge the bulletes like that...and always have someone in front of u so if they die u'll know that there r enemy ahead...now...no more of Rohan's secrets for u :)
Ville Cup 07 DoD 1.3 Finalist ={KPS}=
Ville Cup 07 DoD:S Team *S|E*
Ville Cup 06 DoD 1.3 Finalist =(M)-(M)=

The Tiju
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Tiju » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:54 am

those arent all of rohans secrets...beat him repeatedly wit a stick till all the secrets pop outta him!!!!
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/C4NT_TheTiju_sig.jpg[/img]

Never Fear, The Tiju is Here

GaNjY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Need some advice!

Post by GaNjY » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:56 am

Just dont play like Tiju and you'll be fine....lol....jks....'i' heart you tiju....

-GaNjY

Deacon Frost
Villun
Villun

Post by Deacon Frost » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:29 pm

Heres what I generally go by.

3 things to remember when following any of these rules are :
Work together with your team, use common sense and trust your instinct.

1. Utilize communication. Knowledge is the key to victory.
2. Call enemy locations/incommings when you see them or as soon as you spawn. Snipers, MGs and troops near objectives are always good things to call.
3. Calling open areas or paths helps too. If one way is clear or less gaurded than another, more of your team might opt to go that way, thus leading to a harder push on the enemys flank.
4. Think before you call something, giving bad descriptions is worse than not knowing. I generally try to call like this = # of Enemy - Enemy type - Location of Enemy. Enemy type generally doesnt apply to anything other than snipers or MGs.
IE: Sniper in W.
IE: 3 Middle flag
5. Call nades, friendly or enemy alike. You never know if an enemy could have picked one of yours up and thrown it back.
6. Watch each others backs. People do alot better when they dont have to look in every direction at once. Cover each others flanks and you'll find everyone plays better.
7. If your teammate is looking high, you look low. If they look left u look right. This is a situational rule, use your best judgement in each situation.
8. Dont cluster together. If your capturing a point stay as far away from each other as possible. Dont stand next to snipers or MGs, you might give away their position or make it harder for them to relocate quickly.
9. Clustering is bad on the move as well. Be scattered and dont line up single file. If a friendly is moving around a corner, give them space to jump back to cover if they need to.
10. Be helpful by giving ammo to those who need it or of course your teams MG Gunner.
11. If your near your MG and hes reloading, cover him untill hes done. It will be helpful for not only him but your team and yourself as well.
12. Always play as if friendly fire is on. It can improve reaction timing, enemy identification and awareness of your surroundings.
13. Try not to go infront of your allies xhairs. This is exspecially true when it comes to snipers or MGs.
14. While giving ammo, its generally better to be behind or to the side of the person who your giving ammo to. When getting ammo cover the person giving you ammo.
15. Use your eyes and ears. You would be amazed what you can tell about your enemy just from listening. Footsteps have distinct sounds when on different textures. You can also hear a grunt if a person if throwing a nade, a grunt then click if a person is throwing a pre-primed nade. Guns also make a distinctive sound when they are reloading, you can hear the clip drop and with the M1 Garand you can hear the *PING* when the gun is dry.
16. Be aware of yourself, just because you cant see them when your behind cover doesnt mean they cant see some part of you.

OH and heres some more I need to add in.

17. Listen and watch your allies. If they are hesitant about something you should be too. If they are shooting somewhere, it might be for a reason.
18. On the same note, firing in or around spawn isnt a good idea. It tends to throw people off and make them less aware to the sounds of gunfire (often times they wont become aware of it again untill they get to "main" or see another enemy)
19. Covering fire can really help, Spray some rounds at a place that the enemy is likely to come out of. This is specially helpful when capping a point, or moving up in a dangerous area (like a point near enemy spawn).

I've got alot more but honestly its all about certian situations, and being aware of your surroundings.
Last edited by Deacon Frost on Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Deaconfrost2100][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/Deaconfrost2100.png[/img][/url]

Raptor
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Raptor » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:39 pm

NEVER EVER STOP IN A DOORWAY OR CHOKE POINT. EVER!!!!
Other than that, if its particlar things in your game or certain weapons, I would be glad to help you in a one on one situation then go into a server with you and spec you while taking notes and then tell you about it.
Fresh enemy corpses. YUMMY!! :twisted:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dodraptor/evaRaptorcopy-1.jpg[/img]
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but make sure you are far far away from ME!!!

Deacon Frost
Villun
Villun

Post by Deacon Frost » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:42 pm

[quote="Raptor";p="3077"]I would be glad to help you in a one on one situation then go into a server with you and spec you while taking notes and then tell you about it.[/quote]

Ditto, I'd be glad to help... that goes for anyone actually.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Deaconfrost2100][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/Deaconfrost2100.png[/img][/url]

GaNjY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by GaNjY » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:16 pm

well im in need of some help....you see....theres this guy....'deacon frost'....and 'i' feel like killing him more....but....im not sure how to.... <8.... jks....deacon pwns all...

-GaNjY

Deacon Frost
Villun
Villun

Post by Deacon Frost » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:24 pm

lol all u need to be is a sniper on donner then u got me dead to rights :(...

GaNjY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by GaNjY » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:28 pm

[quote="Deacon Frost";p="3089"]lol all u need to be is a sniper on donner then u got me dead to rights :(...[/quote]

note to self....sniper on donner....always opposite team of deacon....

-GaNjY

Deacon Frost
Villun
Villun

Post by Deacon Frost » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:49 pm

:P note to self, be on same team as ganja .... period

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:12 pm

[quote="GaNjY";p="3088"]well im in need of some help....you see....theres this guy....'deacon frost'....and 'i' feel like killing him more....but....im not sure how to.... <8.... jks....deacon pwns all...

-GaNjY[/quote]

i'll protect u, ur ganjyness...he can't stand up to the might of the Rohan...even with his huge list of secrets :)...ur still in possesion of my soul right?

shuya
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by shuya » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:34 pm

take some lessons from me !

GaNjY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by GaNjY » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:46 am

[quote="Rohan";p="3110"][quote="GaNjY";p="3088"]well im in need of some help....you see....theres this guy....'deacon frost'....and 'i' feel like killing him more....but....im not sure how to.... <8.... jks....deacon pwns all...

-GaNjY[/quote]

i'll protect u, ur ganjyness...he can't stand up to the might of the Rohan...even with his huge list of secrets :)...ur still in possesion of my soul right?[/quote]

haha....King GaNjY summons sir Rohan to slay the evil deacon....yeah, i've still got it rohan...dont worry its in good hands.. :twisted:

-GaNjY

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by gator » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:12 am

Do the exact opposite of whatever I do.