A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Need some advice!

Post by Rohan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:10 am

[quote="DOUCHEBAGSAYSWHAT?";p="3363"] I 've also had trouble seeing in the dark or long distance. I've adjusted my monitor and resolution, but can't seem to find a setting that helps. Maybe I need a large flat panel!. Alot of really great helpful tips. I'm working on them already, right Ellroy![/quote]

sometimes it doesn't matter what ur settings r the room is still gonna b dark...thats y u find the lightest spot in the area...and move towards it or ambush someone from the dark...just make sure it's the enemy and not ur friend

shuya
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by shuya » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:48 am

get a good config ,,if u cant find one i just got a new one thats amazing,o yeah AND practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice
Last edited by shuya on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/Divius/DaftPunkSig.jpg[/img]

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:36 am

oh great here we go shuya!!

whats this new config?
Eat all the tacos!

DBSW?
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by DBSW? » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:30 pm

Thanks again to everyone that took the time to post their advice. I've been trying everyones suggestions, its just gonna take some time to practice and hone out the skill. Doing the opposite of Gator is helping especially!

GaNjY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by GaNjY » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:13 am

Hey DB,

im afraid if you get any better you'll start pwning me....lol....wouldn't worry about it too much mate....'i' was able to play with you last night and you were on quite the spree at times....good job bro... :)

-GaNjY

tron~PTN~
Villun
Villun

Post by tron~PTN~ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:39 pm

Here's are some hints:

1.Before you go behind enemy lines, pick up a weapons from a dead enemy. Allied and Axis weapons have distinct sound, so you can fool some of the enemy, and not draw attention to yourself when you kill someone. The noise would seem like friendly fire.

2.Learn to snap shoot. Only show yourself long enough for you to get a shot off, but not your enemy.

3.Never stay in the same spot too long, or someone will get their revenge by killing you.

4.ALWAYS HAVE YOUR MAP ON, AND LISTEN FOR FOOT STEPS.

5.Crouching when you shoot makes you more accurate, but exposes you to enemy fire.

The Sexy Canadian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Sexy Canadian » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Get some of squirrels hacks lol jk

ummm just move and aim for the head......
mmmmmm eeee always travel in packs
and prime your nades! :lol:
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/HockeyJunkie1390/Untitled-2copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/tvc07.png[/img]

regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by regis » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:22 pm

The thing with priming nades is you want to prime them for a specific ammount of time.

For example: if your trying to hit an MG nest and the nade wasn't primed long enough, s/he can undeploy and run away. But if you learn to cook them the right time air bursts can do great damage when applied correctly.

Aim for the head, ensures an immediate kill. Sometimes with SMGs I aim for the sternum and let the recoil take it to the head.

"Last weapon used" key is a good one for close combat, if you need to switch from main weap to sidearm/melee.

gman1211
Villun
Villun

Post by gman1211 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:24 pm

my personal experiance is that if you chose your weapon acording to the map and the players your against (by picking out weaknesses).... you can generaly win. Also abuse peoples flanks...

eg. a kar98 has 1 shot, if he misses... and i have an atuomatic weapon... imediatly i rush him (depending if theres other people around)

eg2. frostys on the other team, i KNOW frostys better then me... but he also tends to use shot range weapons (or an fg -__-) therfore, i take a sniper rifle... and he flanks me and i die... but you get the point...

eg3. hoss is sniping into the 2 story building on flash. i let a team mate go first, he gets shot. i KNOW hoss has a bolt action rifle... therefore i have a second to run by... and "flank him"

oh last pointer... dont aim for the body... aim for the head, cause if your fighting a rifle, you might only have 1 shot before your dead

ya... thats my advice... probly better if you use rohans or some other good players advice tho XD
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/stefangiorio/stopthat.gif[/img]
I Brought you into this world, and i can take you out. -My evil step mom