Binds

A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
ZedsDead
New Villun
New Villun

Binds

Post by ZedsDead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:41 pm

I have migrated from playing hl to DoD. I had binds set up in hl for weapons and other stuff. Does anyone have some DoD binds they can share with me? I am not looking for hacks just weapon binds and binds for chat. I have problems typing and playing so I would like to be able to hit a key and say stuff like "gg" and "hello". Nade priming would be useful too.

btw, I love DoD and the players are in The Ville are great too.

Thanks in advance.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:49 pm

I all you need to do is go into consol and type ( bind "h" "say GG" )
Without the Parentess though.

I bound my nades to mouse 5 and my voice chat to v.

ZedsDead
New Villun
New Villun

Re: Binds

Post by ZedsDead » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks for the help mate.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:40 pm

lol sorry zed.

most of us prefer stock configs

ZedsDead
New Villun
New Villun

Post by ZedsDead » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:00 am

[quote="mr_s";p="207234"]lol sorry zed.

most of us prefer stock configs[/quote]

No problem, mlite gave me exactly what I needed. I find it hard to type and play at the same time. I created a bind for help when I am at a capture point and need a second player. I also created a bind for "medic". I am now set!

On the stock config. I guess to each his own. I am pretty much a plain jane player too. I don't prime nades well but I will adapt.

Lemming808
Villun
Villun

Post by Lemming808 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:56 pm

Aloha,

Heh nade bind? Just throw it on the ground and pick it up =P You probably wouldn't want a bind anyway, because sometimes you want to cook the nade longer to have it blow as soon as you toss it, or throw it early to catch someone charging up not paying attention.

The only weapon bind I have is the mousewheel to switch weapons, and i only use it to switch to pistol, all other weapon switching I do with the number keys. Oh I forgot F1 and F2 i have bound to status and condump incase I need to log the llamas in server (old admin habit).

If you need any help or have questions just drop me a line and I'll help you out.

Lem
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/dodcup08/vov_sig_lemming808.png[/img]

ZedsDead
New Villun
New Villun

Post by ZedsDead » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks for the offer Lem. I think you are a great player. I learn a lot by just watching you. You are a hard man to kill.

I think I need to learn to be more aggressive in the game. I hate to loose a game and I tend to go prone and dig in when my side is loosing ground. I need to get past that.