Bots and Stats

A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
Zeldark
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Bots and Stats

Post by Zeldark » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:45 am

The DoD server is not recording my kills, so this would mess up the HLStats thing when I look at them.
The bots on the server kind of take away the thrill of the kill. You know what I mean.

How do I fix it so that it records my kills and the other various stats that go along with it?
Is it possible to add tags to the bot names to indicate they're bots so I know when to not waste my time asking my teammate to help me cap the middle flag when they'd rather just run a set path randomly?
He's a decent shot. He's got some skill, but he's in too much of a hurry.
He's throwing away bullets like they were candy. He doesn't know how to take his time.
Aim careful, and look the devil in the eye.

[url=http://stats.theville.org/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=96018][img]http://stats.theville.org/sig.php?player_id=96018&background=random[/img][/url]

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:35 am

I believe HLStats only records your kills against human players. If I remember correctly you can tell if someone is a bot by looking at the scoreboard, bots will have their ping listed as 'BOT'.

Their names are fixed to give them away, but you kind of have to have been around long enough to get them.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Archon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Archon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:21 am

in dod, the bots have a ping of zero. and there is probably a requirement of a set number of players before the stats starts recording things, not sure tho
USER, n.: The word computer professionals use when they mean 'idiot.'

Zeldark
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Zeldark » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Excellent observations. Thanks.
It's been recording the location of my shots (on the bodies) but not recording kills.

Strange
He's a decent shot. He's got some skill, but he's in too much of a hurry.
He's throwing away bullets like they were candy. He doesn't know how to take his time.
Aim careful, and look the devil in the eye.

[url=http://stats.theville.org/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=96018][img]http://stats.theville.org/sig.php?player_id=96018&background=random[/img][/url]

Lemming808
Villun
Villun

Re: Bots and Stats

Post by Lemming808 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:55 am

Aloha,

The killing bots does not raise your stats...neither does it go down when they kill you. The only way to raise your stats are to kill real players, cap flags, cap out.

Although if you ask me raising your stats via the capping while no real players are in game is just lame. Anyone can go into a server and kill bots and keep capping out to raise stats...that doesn't make them a good player...just a stat ho IMHO...Just look at the 2nd ranked player on stat page, he like to come in on off hours and run up his stat score by capping out on bots. There is no way he would have that score if he didn't cheat the stats that way...he is a negative KPD player.

Though you can always tell a stat ho..they are the ones camping in the back waiting for the flag rushers to cross their sights. I like to hunt these type of players down.
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/dodcup08/vov_sig_lemming808.png[/img]

ZedsDead
New Villun
New Villun

Post by ZedsDead » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:18 pm

[quote="Lemming808";p="181701"]Aloha,

The killing bots does not raise your stats...neither does it go down when they kill you. The only way to raise your stats are to kill real players, cap flags, cap out.

Although if you ask me raising your stats via the capping while no real players are in game is just lame. Anyone can go into a server and kill bots and keep capping out to raise stats...that doesn't make them a good player...just a stat ho IMHO...Just look at the 2nd ranked player on stat page, he like to come in on off hours and run up his stat score by capping out on bots. There is no way he would have that score if he didn't cheat the stats that way...he is a negative KPD player.

Though you can always tell a stat ho..they are the ones camping in the back waiting for the flag rushers to cross their sights. I like to hunt these type of players down.[/quote]

I am not sure if you are talking about me or not. I don't quite understand how I got so high in the stats either. I may go in when there are no players but soon after I go into the server it will be filled with real players. I am not married to the game like most. I play at odd time and spend the rest of my time with my family. If I am in the sever for more than 10 mins and no real players come in I will usually leave. You are right about bots not being much sport. I think real players are easier to kill than bots. I admit I am a noob to this game. I am still learning so please be understanding. All of you guys have been great to play with. See you in the server!

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Great to see you posting Zed!! Its been too long since i've played 1.3, I'll have to stop in some night to do some flag capping stat boosting.
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

ZedsDead
New Villun
New Villun

Post by ZedsDead » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:07 pm

[quote="E.T. EddieTorrez";p="183553"]Great to see you posting Zed!! Its been too long since i've played 1.3, I'll have to stop in some night to do some flag capping stat boosting.[/quote]

Thanks. I forget about the forums and stuff. I am still learning the regular players names and now I can connect the post with a player. I have been playing dod source in TheVille some too when there are players in there. Sometimes I will go in and wait until someone comes in but that really gets old quick in the source server when no one comes in. I play in Dexworld some too. There seem to be more players there sometimes.

I don't have a mic so and I am too busy to read post much less respond to comments in the server. So if I seem quiet in the server it is because I can't do 2 things at once. I do hear players and I do hear when they speak to me and I usually stop and respond by typing.

I like the team work in dod and I think that is what draws me to it. I think I am hooked!

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:24 am

the server has to have 6 or more real players in order to start recording.

ir records bot kills as well

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:19 pm

[quote="ZedsDead";p="183558"]
Thanks. I forget about the forums and stuff. I am still learning the regular players names and now I can connect the post with a player. I have been playing dod source in TheVille some too when there are players in there.
[/quote]

Well stick around, there isn't any organized 1.3 nights but Monday and Thursday are the nights for Source.
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

CastleDoctrine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CastleDoctrine » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Perhaps we should organize a DoD 1.3 night? Weekly or perhaps monthly?

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:23 am

[quote="CastleDoctrine";p="183706"]
Perhaps we should organize a DoD 1.3 night? Weekly or perhaps monthly?
[/quote]

agreed