Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

The Skill Level of The Ville

Post by Yahoo!! » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:52 am

Ok, I think it is time I mentioned this...

Anyone else notice the enormous and vast amount of skill of players at the ville. I am talking the fact that it seems that people know how to work as a team, pull of incredible shots, know viable strategies to get things done and have very intense matches sometimes. It is no one is particular, but everyone here.

To confirm this, I went to a pub server recently. It was like someone activated god-mode for me. I was literally tearing the other side apart. It felt... strange...

I occasionally look at the skill level produce by some of the people here and I am astounded to say the least. I am in awe of some of the people here and their time and dedication to the game.

It's like we attracted all the awesome and friendly pub pros to these servers.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:01 am

Been like this for years and years.
The level of player ability at TheVille has always been much, much greater in all games we have played here.

I, Giz and many others have been banned from various pub servers for allegedly hacking, as we rack up kill after easy kill.

e.g. In my early days at TheVille, I went off and pubbed here.....

Come back to TheVille and you suffer.
:D

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The Skill Level of The Ville

Post by abiscuit » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:02 am

I think it depends on the server, honestly. Servers with a large community are bound to have their share of highly skilled players. I have a few friends that play on different server communities and I occasionally join them there and they have some skilled players that remind me of some people here.

Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Yahoo!! » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 am

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="126747"]

I, Giz and many others have been banned from various pub servers for allegedly hacking, as we rack up kill after easy kill.

[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if I was banned from these servers.

People like

Shifty
Grapedrink
Darkwolf

would have all seen the ban stick hit us for our sniping.

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 am

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="126747"]Come back to TheVille and you suffer.[/quote]

Do you ever find that it's brutal trying to "get back up to speed" at the Ville after you haven't played for a while? I always dread those first few rounds after a week away.
"After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet," stating that Yorke was once rude to him." - from Wikipedia

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:08 am

Trial by fire, com-arades. I think that if we force villuns to gain ability, then all the better for them in the long run. I certainly never learned a lesson by not getting gibbed or headshot.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:28 am

I consider myself slightly above average around here, but going to a random pub, I usually turn into something better for some reason.

I don't float around to other server often, but the few times I have, it's like team deathmatch. No one calling out spies, no medics, no engineers etc etc... it's a whole other world outside of the ville.

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:32 am

Just getting back to playing this week after a few weeks off....and yes - I'm feeling this pain :-)

I got a couple of guys to help me "invade" a friends server once.....we didn't team stack, or it would have been brutal to them.

Spam

[quote="Thom Yorke Obliterator";p="126750"][quote="StrontiumDog";p="126747"]Come back to TheVille and you suffer.[/quote]

Do you ever find that it's brutal trying to "get back up to speed" at the Ville after you haven't played for a while? I always dread those first few rounds after a week away.[/quote]

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:33 am

[quote="Yahoo!!";p="126749"][quote="StrontiumDog";p="126747"]

[/quote]

People like

Shifty
Grapedrink
Darkwolf

would have all seen the ban stick hit us for our sniping.[/quote]

only for sniping? :roll: i got banned from one server only for got 80 kills with out die ones only ones :lol:
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:40 am

I don't think I've visited a non-Ville server in months. That said, I consider myself a fairly above-average Pyro, but that's when weighing myself against some of the extreme talent we have here. Can you imagine me unleashing the axe on some unsuspecting pub server? Mwahaha...

Honestly, I think any player who can really stand out shine in a community like this one, with competition of such a high caliber, should be going pro.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Yahoo!! » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 am

[quote="TheCarpe";p="126772"]

Honestly, I think any player who can really stand out shine in a community like this one, with competition of such a high caliber, should be going pro.[/quote]

As tempting as this is, in my opinion I just can't bring myself to convert the joy of video games into a professional job. It would totally destroy gaming as I know it.

TTHREAZ is a prime example. He used to play competitively, but has now stopped and slowndown.

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 am

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="126747"]Been like this for years and years.
The level of player ability at TheVille has always been much, much greater in all games we have played here.

e.g. In my early days at TheVille, I went off and pubbed here.....

Come back to TheVille and you suffer.
:D[/quote]

So true. I remember doing the same thing back in the 1.3 days.

Go to another server and commence to own.
Come back to the Ville commence to suck.

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 am

In terms of "cheating", I think we've even seen some of these same people accused of cheating when outsiders come here....

For example - 1/4 the time I play warpath, if yahoo is on the other team sniping, at least one person on my team complains he is "too good" and I find myself saying "No - he is just THAT GOOD".

Spam

[quote="KAIZER";p="126768"][quote="Yahoo!!";p="126749"][quote="StrontiumDog";p="126747"]

[/quote]

People like

Shifty
Grapedrink
Darkwolf

would have all seen the ban stick hit us for our sniping.[/quote]

only for sniping? :roll: i got banned from one server only for got 80 kills with out die ones only ones :lol:[/quote]

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:05 pm

i have never post that think but im not agree with all that of the sniper think and the only good sniper i have saw outside here is jer O_O my in -Q- playing vs some other good and skilled players ..... and i was there dying alot :) but also killing alot :twisted:
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Back when playing source, Ive been accused of cheating bye pub players who just came to the ville the play, I always thought that was funny.

I think I realised this back when playing dod:s I went onto a server playing churchyard, the big, long range, usually lots of snipers map. I used the Thompson, ultimate short range weapon and lead the server bye atleast 10-20 kills, I dont quite remember. Ever since then, I havent played outside the ville I dont think.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson