A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Infusions
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Infusions » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:23 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="126841"]meh everyone knew what I meant
[/quote]

i didn't i was complelelletlelty baffled!
[url=http://lolschach.blogspot.com/][img]http://g.imagehost.org/0572/LOL_6.png[/img][/url]

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:24 pm

My favorite is listening to the people complain about Dog sitting in spec mode ... suggesting we get an admin to kick him.

I votekicked him once just to shut them up :-) (and it didn't work since he was an admin....but it was fun to try)

Spam

[quote="Cpt. Winky";p="126842"]I really enjoy listening to the pub players or first time "villers" whine about other villuns. one guy even said, "Dude, we need to kick phantom, he hasnt done anything".......said the guy in last place to phantom in first place. I hear that people whine about me, but i don't think i really warrant a class change to get revenge....do i?

in conclusion, Villuns > pubplayers > araris[/quote]

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:47 pm

[quote="Cpt. Winky";p="126842"]in conclusion, Villuns > pubplayers > araris[/quote]

:cry: , I suggest we ban winky for being mean to me.

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:59 pm

lol ban me for what?
Last edited by Cpt. Winky on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:43 pm

[quote="KAIZER";p="126800"]
only for sniping? :roll: i got banned from one server only for got 80 kills with out die ones only ones :lol:[/quote]

Now I know why you get so many kills, you play on the lowest possible graphic settings! :lol:

To be perfectly honest, when I jumped into this thread I was expecting a rant on the amount of green players flooding the servers lately. Maybe it's because I've been spoiled with some amazing rounds on warpath, but for the last few weeks I've been encountering alot of players who don't have the slightest clue of how to play a map. All I can do is give them words of advice, but in that moment (for that round) it really has no effect.

Haven't played very much outside TV servers since I got into TF2 back in the Beta, so I have no basis of comparison, all I know is that it's extremely boring playing without buddies and putting up with other servers BS.

PhantomFighter
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by PhantomFighter » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:53 pm

[quote="Shifty";p="126866"]
To be perfectly honest, when I jumped into this thread I was expecting a rant on the amount of green players flooding the servers lately. Maybe it's because I've been spoiled with some amazing rounds on warpath, but for the last few weeks I've been encountering alot of players who don't have the slightest clue of how to play a map. All I can do is give them words of advice, but in that moment (for that round) it really has no effect.
[/quote]
'Tis true.. Mantra: lead by example.. lead by example.. :D

But when a bunch of Villuns get together we have spectacular games IMHO.

[quote="Shifty";p="126866"]
...all I know is that it's extremely boring playing without buddies and putting up with other servers BS.
[/quote]
Hear hear!

TPF
What's a signature?

[img]http://www.somedec.com/images/PhantomFighter-sig.png[/img]

Stitch
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stitch » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:01 pm

I just figure if I can do ok on a server full of Villuns, then I (probably) won't embarass myself elsewhere... Unless I want to :P
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/571/stitch2cw9.jpg[/img][img]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/167/villeroll.png[/img]
[color=red][b]How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood... And then just be in a good mood?[/b][/color]
[color=darkred][b]I'm a Scoot... Scootin' around... Scoot scoot scoot scoot scoot scoot scoot scoot scoot scoot scoot scoot[/b][/color]

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:33 pm

I live to embarrass myself on Ville servers.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The Skill Level of The Ville

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:34 pm

I agree, The Ville servers have a generally higher level of competition than I've run across in almost any other pub server, and tend to be stratified even within the TV network. I can go 5:1 anywhere but TV, 2:1 on most TV servers, but am lucky to go 1:1 on the 24/7 servers of Warpath or Dustbowl. Time of day also makes a huge difference. If I play around 1:00 pm Pacific Time, I frequently end up feeling like I'm the only person on my team who has heard of tactics. If I play 6:00 pm the same day, the servers are usually full of good players and fun teammates.

Like many of you, I've been accused of hacking when I go to other servers, and even on our own servers when playing during off-times. Too many people would rather whine than practice, and are so convinced that they are l337 d3wd5 that they can't comprehend the fact that they have no talent. They keep whining though, because servers, both normal pubs, and our own TV network, keep listening and taking unwarranted action against people. ::shrug::

We can still get lucky occasionally on TV servers :-) From time to time, groups of outside players show up together, not realizing the level of competition around here. That's when we do fun things like this to them:

Mmmmmmm, stabby!
-Boss Llama

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Hahaha. A more fitting name for the last victim: "i'just'got'backstabbed':("

And Cpt. Winky, knock it off already. Your antagonistic behavior is annoying.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

How good I do is all based on how I feel... and what I feel like playing. During TVC 08 I played as a spy almost the entire time, and I led my team in points all but 1 time. However, If I were to go play spy right now, I would probably fail miserably thinking to myself every time I die... Did I look like a spy?

My subconscious and conscious self determine how good I will do and with what class. Avanti warrants otherwise though... or at least bring out my inner pyro. Example... or say, proven evidential conclusiveness of divine pyroness....Everytime I play Avanti as a pyro, attack or defend (prefer defend) I burn everyone, villun or not. as my last episode of insanity turned out.... however... Avanti is the only map this ever happens on so otherwise I just shoot in the general direction of the enemy hoping to make them fall over of esplode into 12308237698132 peices :)
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:41 pm

bah, your all hackers :)

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm

[quote="spm97";p="126845"]My favorite is listening to the people complain about Dog sitting in spec mode ... suggesting we get an admin to kick him.

I votekicked him once just to shut them up :-) (and it didn't work since he was an admin....but it was fun to try)

Spam

[quote="Cpt. Winky";p="126842"]I really enjoy listening to the pub players or first time "villers" whine about other villuns. one guy even said, "Dude, we need to kick phantom, he hasnt done anything".......said the guy in last place to phantom in first place. I hear that people whine about me, but i don't think i really warrant a class change to get revenge....do i?

in conclusion, Villuns > pubplayers > araris[/quote][/quote]

I votekicked dog once because he was being a poopie head to me and it passed. And get this he was kicked I laughtd so hard I never thought it would have happend and to think how close I was to putting a voteban on. I hope it taught dog something. What it would be I have no idea but hey I am a teacher!!!
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

Infusions
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Infusions » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:25 pm

[quote="MrBlah";p="126906"]Image
[/quote]
infusions playing engineer what!!!!
[url=http://lolschach.blogspot.com/][img]http://g.imagehost.org/0572/LOL_6.png[/img][/url]

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The Skill Level of The Ville

Post by TTHREAZ » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Wheee, pictures!