Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Warpath - rediscovered

Post by l3eeron » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 pm

...for me anyway

The skill level has grown by leaps and bounds since the last time I actually spent any real time on TV8. Kudos to all you warpath regs who own (and don't mind being dominated by an old medic named l3eeron :P) Had a great time fraggin hides tonight.

PS, us old TFC warpath vets still have an upper hand on all you that didn't know the joy of TFC warpath. If you think TF2 on warpath is a frag fest, TFC was INSANE!

Greyed
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Re: Warpath - rediscovered

Post by Greyed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 pm

That it was. I was quite happy to see Warpath made for TF2. Though I wish they had taken the time to address bottleneck between the 4th and 5th point. :(
[url=http://stats.theville.org/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=22614][img]http://stats.theville.org/sig.php?player_id=22614&background=random[/img][/url]

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:48 pm

hmm what was the warpath server back then.. was it TVII?
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:58 pm

Welcome to the club, Beeron. I always say, I go to TV4 for the people, but I go to TV8 for the game :D
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:00 am

[quote="TheCarpe";p="126603"]Welcome to the club, Beeron. I always say, I go to TV4 for the people, but I go to TV8 for the game :D[/quote]
excellently put. warpath is where i have had the most intense and fun games (fun also meaning intense) for araris annoy days, i go to tv4

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Yahoo!! » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:42 am

Exactly what the carpe said

The skill level and knowledge of the map by the regulars (like me) is insane. I know every single nook and cranny. Every flaw in the map, and all the strategies possible. I don't think I have missed anything.

What saddens me is when a newer person comes on the server and is just instantly steamrolled by a power house team. It is pretty depressing. I try to encourage new players to get into the game. What makes warpath attractive is the simple layout.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:52 am

[quote="Yahoo!!";p="126627"]Exactly what the carpe said

The skill level and knowledge of the map by the regulars (like me) is insane. I know every single nook and cranny. Every flaw in the map, and all the strategies possible. I don't think I have missed anything.

What saddens me is when a newer person comes on the server and is just instantly steamrolled by a power house team. It is pretty depressing. I try to encourage new players to get into the game. What makes warpath attractive is the simple layout.[/quote]

Yep. I've logged several hundred hours in TF2, I'd be more than willing to bet at least a third, if not half of that time has been on Warpath. I too am intimately familiar with all the tiny details of the map and the myriad strategies, as well as how to counter them.

Two teams of seasoned Warpath regs evenly distributed on a good game of Warpath? In my mind, there is nothing better.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:07 am

Honestly? I'm not the biggest fan of Warpath in the world. I'll only join if there's a bunch of "cool people" playing, and even then, I don't have as much fun as I would on, say, TV4.

I'm probably in the minority here, though.
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:46 am

love it

Reipin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Reipin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:19 am

[quote="Flobee";p="126631"]Honestly? I'm not the biggest fan of Warpath in the world. I'll only join if there's a bunch of "cool people" playing, and even then, I don't have as much fun as I would on, say, TV4.

I'm probably in the minority here, though.[/quote]

I'm with you.
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/tvctf208.png[/img]
[url=http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php][img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/16400_random.png[/img]
[/url]

Ian_Suffix
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Ian_Suffix » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 am

And I'm with both of you. Although the map is very Medic friendly, I grow tired of the layout after perhaps three rounds. But I keep on going, because there are cool, talented people there.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:54 am

[quote="Flobee";p="126631"]Honestly? I'm not the biggest fan of Warpath in the world. I'll only join if there's a bunch of "cool people" playing, and even then, I don't have as much fun as I would on, say, TV4.

I'm probably in the minority here, though.[/quote]

I'm with you on this. Warpath isn't fun for me either even with regulars on. Often times I'll just go play on TV7 or TV4 instead of playing another round of Warpath.

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:41 am

Warpath is one of the places we REALLY need to be carefull about team balance. You can get a group of all Ville people (USV, eVa, etc) on both teams, but if one team is full of "Warpath Gurus", they just slaughter the other team.

Generally, I've found that if this does happen, we can get the teams balanced fairly easily with just asking people to balance the teams. The "warpath gurus" (And you know who you are...) have always seemed willing to balance teams.

Spam

[quote="Yahoo!!";p="126627"]Exactly what the carpe said

What saddens me is when a newer person comes on the server and is just instantly steamrolled by a power house team. It is pretty depressing. I try to encourage new players to get into the game. What makes warpath attractive is the simple layout.[/quote]

three_gunn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by three_gunn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:54 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="126593"]...for me anyway

The skill level has grown by leaps and bounds since the last time I actually spent any real time on TV8. Kudos to all you warpath regs who own (and don't mind being dominated by an old medic named l3eeron :P) Had a great time fraggin hides tonight.

PS, us old TFC warpath vets still have an upper hand on all you that didn't know the joy of TFC warpath. If you think TF2 on warpath is a frag fest, TFC was INSANE![/quote]

well said |3eer...

with that said..i've been gone and out of the TF2 world for awhile now...what's the latest and greatest news with avanti?

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm

[quote="abiscuit";p="126742"]I'm with you on this. Warpath isn't fun for me either even with regulars on. Often times I'll just go play on TV7 or TV4 instead of playing another round of Warpath.[/quote]

You disappoint me, my young Scout padawan. :(