Next Update? SPECULATE! 8D

A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Darkxide
Villun
Villun

Next Update? SPECULATE! 8D

Post by Darkxide » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Who'll be next to get a shiny new set of weapons? Spy? Perhaps Demoman? Soldier?

I say we speculate and wonder what the new update could entail.

Personally, I'd love to see a Spy-related update, but I wouldn't mind seeing the soldier getting a new rocket launcher or the engie getting a new building to create.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

Go! :D
[img]http://tthreaz.bugsprae.com/TF2/Darkxide_Cube.jpg[/img]
[i]In their last moments, people who you who they really are... Would you like to know which of your friends were cowards?[/i]
[b]Member of Team 7, winners of the 2008 Engy Warz.[/b]
Things to conquer: 1) [you] 2) The World 3) Domino's

!B a T m A n!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by !B a T m A n! » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:18 am

i think spys should throw their sappers but it takes longer to sap

engi should have 2 lvl 1 sg's
to build
and soldier should have a 2 barrel rocket launcher so you can shoot 2 rockets at once but they do not crit or sumtin like that

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:56 am

I think spy is gonna be the next one honestly

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:32 am

[quote="shimmybot";p="116168"]I think spy is gonna be the next one honestly[/quote]

i hope not

;__;
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Infusions
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Infusions » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 am

HELLO CAN WE GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD AND HAVE A SPY UPDATE ALREADY, GEEZ!!!!

I really want the Spy update. :c

Also, the Meet the Spy video.
[url=http://lolschach.blogspot.com/][img]http://g.imagehost.org/0572/LOL_6.png[/img][/url]

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 am

It seems they've been addressing classes that they;ve felt need tweaks/adjustments to their gameplay (medic to get more people playing it and add a strategic alternative to the ubercharge; pyro to give it a counter to sollies.demos; now the heavy to make him less dependent on a medic).

So, the question is - what class do you think Valve sees as most in need of adjustment? Of the classes left, I would guess the sniper is most in need of some flavor/variability, followed by Engie.

I would think they'll do something to make the sniper either more offensive (encouraging players to move up more and be more aggressive) and/or possibly give them a weapon that allows them to tag something somehow. I'm thinking either something anti-spy or anti-engy building - like replacing the SMG with a paintball gun that would prevent an enemy spy from disguising for several seconds, or an alternative sniper rifle that could 'paint' a building target for his teammates.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:36 am

[quote="Plinko";p="116173"]
It seems they've been addressing classes that they;ve felt need tweaks/adjustments to their gameplay (medic to get more people playing it and add a strategic alternative to the ubercharge; pyro to give it a counter to sollies.demos; now the heavy to make him less dependent on a medic).

So, the question is - what class do you think Valve sees as most in need of adjustment? Of the classes left, I would guess the sniper is most in need of some flavor/variability, followed by Engie.

I would think they'll do something to make the sniper either more offensive (encouraging players to move up more and be more aggressive) and/or possibly give them a weapon that allows them to tag something somehow. I'm thinking either something anti-spy or anti-engy building - like replacing the SMG with a paintball gun that would prevent an enemy spy from disguising for several seconds, or an alternative sniper rifle that could 'paint' a building target for his teammates.
[/quote]

good spotige.

ok.

medic was nerfed coz no one liked to play medic, as stats showed.

piro was less played as stats showed

heavy was underplayed as stats showed.

------> Valve is chasing the classes that are least played.

so check out the stats page, and u got your next victim

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Next Update? SPECULATE! 8D

Post by abiscuit » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:31 am

I think it's time for a Scout update. I can't even begin to think where to start though.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:54 am

I would love to see a spy update, but I the spy isn't really in need of anything. My guess is the sniper or the engineer...maybe the scout. Hey, if we're lucky, maybe they'll make "Meet the Spy video".

Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nanite » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:08 am

[quote="!B a T m A n!";p="116162"]i think spys should throw their sappers but it takes longer to sap

engi should have 2 lvl 1 sg's
to build
and soldier should have a 2 barrel rocket launcher so you can shoot 2 rockets at once but they do not crit or sumtin like that[/quote]

Solly needs to get an incendiary rocket as a throw back to the old TFC pyro rocket launcher.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 am

I don't see them doing the Engineer or the Sniper in the immediate future, because while the classes may be somewhat repetative, they're rock solid right now. People dig in and play them, and don't really need any help to be more effective. Classes like spies or scouts, on the other hand, get the crap beaten out of them routinely. Scouts are probably the least-played class right now, and spies are the most difficult to play effectively.

In terms of ideas for either, I don't really know what they'd get. I play a spy a lot, and can suggest things that would make it a lot more practical. For example: Cloaking that allows you to go visible faster would be great, and which doesn't make you visible but helpless any time you're within 10 feet of an enemy. Perhaps a speed boost while invisible. A disguise that doesn't drop when you backstab would be pretty hot as well. Perhaps a knife that isn't the worst weapon in existence from every angle but behind. Heck, I think most spies would settle for working hit detection on their knife. About 25% of all "successful" backstabs don't actually cause any damage, and you're left visible, vulnerable, and swinging at air while you're killed.

For scouts I know less, as I rarely play one. Maybe a flak jacket that removes your double jump, but allows you to survive better. A bat with a non-stacking stun effect, that makes it so victims hit with it can't move for half a second, a scatter gun with a tighter spread pattern.
-Boss Llama

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:33 am

They still have the model for the spy's tranq gun loaded in, so I could see that being an addition. Maybe have it do no damage, only the slowdown, but not drop the disguise. Back when the game was still stuck in development hell, there was talk about the spy regaining his disguise after a backstab if there were no living enemies nearby. There was going to be a window of a few seconds, so the spy could go after small groups and possibly kill them all fast enough to maintain his disguise.

I could see them giving Engineers booby-trapped dispensers. Where if they were sapped, they would be instantly destroyed, but would also explode violently killing the spy (and possibly the engineer if he was standing too close).
'You might not have the intelligent to find it so i'll queto it for you' - Some guy trying to insult me on the Steam boards

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:13 am

[quote="Torven";p="116201"]I could see them giving Engineers booby-trapped dispensers.[/quote]

No more booby traps. They are banned.
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 am

[quote="Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42";p="116208"][quote="Torven";p="116201"]I could see them giving Engineers booby-trapped dispensers.[/quote]

No more booby traps. They are banned.[/quote]

I take it you didn't insert the correct change into somebody's dispenser?
'You might not have the intelligent to find it so i'll queto it for you' - Some guy trying to insult me on the Steam boards

Darkxide
Villun
Villun

Post by Darkxide » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:37 am

Wow, these are all really good ideas.

Personally, I'd love to see a new form of fortification of defense for the Engineer in place of Teleporters like a repair-making machine. Working like a Dispenser for a Sentry but to a lesser extent. Would work easier with a Dispenser nearby. Can help in repairing the Dispenser and Sentry, but unable to repair itself.

For the Engie on the go! 8D

Still causes the problem of Spy attacks, but hey! Fun times. XD
[img]http://tthreaz.bugsprae.com/TF2/Darkxide_Cube.jpg[/img]
[i]In their last moments, people who you who they really are... Would you like to know which of your friends were cowards?[/i]
[b]Member of Team 7, winners of the 2008 Engy Warz.[/b]
Things to conquer: 1) [you] 2) The World 3) Domino's