Points per Hour info

A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
EzCrash
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Points per Hour info

Post by EzCrash » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:50 pm

First, on the main player stat page, is there a way to set up a column that shows points per hour (pph) ? ( points / time played = pph )

If not, is someone good with setting up spread sheets that can take the data from the players stats and run an ongoing pph webpage for about the top 500 players ? I noticed that lower ranked players have a very high pph because they are getting 20 - 25 points per kill. But the top 500 or so, things start to even out.
[img=left]http://www.thevilleregulars.org/tvc08/s8logo2008_05.jpg[/img]
[img=right]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/Soldier-Sig2.gif[/img]

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Points per Hour info

Post by TTHREAZ » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:03 pm

337 myself.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:07 pm

We don't have control over the stats server.
The information is sent to it, in Dallas, and it creates our pages.

In the old days, (pre-Jan) when it ran off my wife's computer 24/7, it was possible
:D

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:23 pm

For reals, the stats were on your wife's computer? That is priceless.

SU

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:17 am

Woot, up to 339 now. :lol:

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 am

[quote="EzCrash";p="109338"]
First, on the main player stat page, is there a way to set up a column that shows points per hour (pph) ? ( points / time played = pph )

If not, is someone good with setting up spread sheets that can take the data from the players stats and run an ongoing pph webpage for about the top 500 players ? I noticed that lower ranked players have a very high pph because they are getting 20 - 25 points per kill. But the top 500 or so, things start to even out.
[/quote]

It seems Ez has an unhealthy addiction to pph.

Mine will be severly low as i mostly catch the lower end lamas and dont get enough points.

kph on the other hand is a diferent story

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:30 am

I think if somehow, we could actually determine points per hour, as in the amount of points you score per hour, not the points you get from kills and the likes.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:52 am

[quote="MrBlah";p="109382"]
I think if somehow, we could actually determine points per hour, as in the amount of points you score per hour, not the points you get from kills and the likes.
[/quote]

MY POINT EXACTLY!

if u frag Navx or phantom u get 25, that is 25 oints in 3 minutes.

i have to frag 10 noobs just to get that same amount of points.... know where i am getting at?

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:00 pm

[quote="mr_s";p="109388"]
[quote="MrBlah";p="109382"]
[/quote]

MY POINT EXACTLY!

if u frag Navx or phantom u get 25, that is 25 oints in 3 minutes.

i have to frag 10 noobs just to get that same amount of points.... know where i am getting at?
[/quote]
:lol: well maybe those noobs get some points from me but thats only after been dominated :twisted: think they learn it too late :lol:.......
.......I wish i could take the same amount of points the take from me rarely :wink:
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking

Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nanite » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:27 pm

The points per hour would be more than just kill points S. It would take into account caps, blocks, etc.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Not a spread sheet issue so much. If you could dump the stats page to a CSV or something whipping up a formula in excel to update it all would be no problem.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:13 pm

that wasnt my suggestion though, ya know the points you see when you hit tab? those points would be a better points per hour candidate than any other. It would be nice to have that as a last 21 days thing as well because it wouldnt average in all those bad rounds from the beginning of TF2. It would focus on your present ability, be it better or worse than before.

This prevent new players from leading the points per hour just because they killed a bunch of people with a high amount of points, like navx, or in reality, any regular.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

EzCrash
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by EzCrash » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:15 am

[quote="Nanite";p="109470"]The points per hour would be more than just kill points S. It would take into account caps, blocks, etc.[/quote]

Exactly ! The focus is not on kills per hour, Mr. S. That would put too much emphasis on kills. This is not a deathmatch.

Also, I stated that I wanted to weed out the "lowbies". Anyone under 500 .... or make it 400. Because yes, some new player will rack up points quickly when they are getting 25 points per kill. I am ranked right at 401 currently and I get plenty of 2 - 3 points per kill. But I am also willing to change onto a cap point when the other team is capping. I know I am going to die. I just hope to hold the cap off long enough for renforcements to arrive. :)

You have to remember that points are scored by capping, blocking caps, ubering, engy buildings, dominations, revenges, etc.

Again, there is no perfect system to rank how good a player is !!!!!

I just thought that points per hour would be another way to see which players score alot of points during their gameplay ( ie. just doing their classes job ). It would be just one way to see part of a players skill.
[img=right]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/Soldier-Sig2.gif[/img]

EzCrash
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by EzCrash » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:20 am

[quote="TTHREAZ";p="109374"]Woot, up to 339 now. :lol:[/quote]

357 PPH :P

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 am

well there you go..

251 - that is captures and all included

i am still sticking to the fact that i play differently... most is at times where no top 20 play