A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Tarrock
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Be on the look out for auto aimers.

Post by Tarrock » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:44 am

Got in a game earlier(TV2) without just 1 but 2 people using auto-aimers. unfortunately it was 4am and no admins really on.

Got kinda suspicious when 1 of them was pulling quick headshots in sucession and would hit nearly everytime they scoped. Once map changed sat in spectator for 25 minutes watching them. When they were sniping they'd move left and right/up and down quickly in a straight line, impossible by humans and lock onto the enemys heads really quick.
Then one switched to pyro, his crosshair would be on the enemy 90% of the time without the normal human wobble, and it was like they'd lock on to people behind walls and with each step the crosshair would stay locked on to a person with each step so they'd always be facing the same way till they got to the enemy.

Dunno if it was just bad lucks getting in a game with 2 aimers or if there is a surge of em lately. If you see anyone that may be using one alert an admin.
[img]http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s335/TopHatDesign/demoteam3Tarrock.png[/img]

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Be on the look out for auto aimers.

Post by Tickles » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:48 am

You should have recorded a demo and sent it into the complaints department or to a specific admin so those culprits could have been dealt with. You should send the names of those suspecting of using it to an admin through a PM so they can watch for them.

X.O.Skeleton
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by X.O.Skeleton » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:49 am

Yes, there are very few on at that time, I usualy am avalible even in that time every other week

1st You should get their names up and steam id's, time and server they were on is also good to have there
say status in console to get those
2nd Look for an admin
3rd If theres no admins urround go spectate and record a demo of the suspect
4th Use the complaint department to post the names, times there and adding the demo of the activities there

And we will take it from there
Crafted by Betteh

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:19 am

This is what we should do to cheaters:

[flash width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/sYSMrA3J9tU[/flash]

Basically, the server detects cheaters and runs a mod that causes:
1. The cheater's weapons deal no damage.
2. Whenever the cheater takes damage, he dies.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Entweichen
New Villun
New Villun

Post by Entweichen » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:59 pm

rofl, anti-cheater mod.

Yeah it seems like there has been a surge in the number of cheaters all over, played on a server the other day where this guy was getting nothin' but crits and using an aim bot, fortunately the idiot was a soldier so a couple pyros just blast his stuff right back at him.
Tremble before my encyclopedic knowledge of all things Futurama!

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:05 pm

I hate YouTube game videos.

I have to listen to whatever music that is, and the quality is soooo dismal, you cannot read anything or really tell what is going on.

I will take your word for it, Steveio, that the two points you made are illustrated in the video, but aside from a brief tirade here and there from the apparent victim of the anti-cheat mod, this seems like any metal-laced TF2 video I can find anywhere.

I'm assuming that the anti-cheat would compromise the sv_pure setup that's running on the Ville servers, though...

SU

ScurvySD
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ScurvySD » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:42 pm

[quote="So Uncivilized";p="105355"]I have to listen to whatever music that is[/quote]
Wow you're old. :P
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/tvc08_win.gif[/img]

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:22 pm

LOL! I must be ancient then. No, you can't repeat that either. Never, I repeat, NEVER, call a woman ancient!

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:35 pm

[quote="LadeeeDuke";p="105374"]
LOL! I must be ancient then. No, you can't repeat that either. Never, I repeat, NEVER, call a woman ancient!
[/quote]Thankfully, that's why we all have this evidence that you're ancient. (As well as the ability just to quote you as opposed to call you it ourselves) :P

Man, I'm 19 and I don't even know what that music is. Then again, I probably listen more to genres of music that SU does than what most people my age do.

And as for Entweichen, I might just have to challenge you to a Futurama trivia contest one of these days :P
I am the 1%!

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:06 pm

[quote="X.O.Skeleton";p="105308"]Yes, there are very few on at that time, I usualy am avalible even in that time every other week

1st You should get their names up and steam id's, time and server they were on is also good to have there
say status in console to get those
2nd Look for an admin
3rd If theres no admins urround go spectate and record a demo of the suspect
4th Use the complaint department to post the names, times there and adding the demo of the activities there

And we will take it from there[/quote]

Get his name and steam I.D. Record a demo. File a complaint. Yeah, I think X.O. covered everything.

:)
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:11 pm

[quote="So Uncivilized";p="105355"]I hate YouTube game videos.

I have to listen to whatever music that is, and the quality is soooo dismal, you cannot read anything or really tell what is going on.

I will take your word for it, Steveio, that the two points you made are illustrated in the video, but aside from a brief tirade here and there from the apparent victim of the anti-cheat mod, this seems like any metal-laced TF2 video I can find anywhere.

I'm assuming that the anti-cheat would compromise the sv_pure setup that's running on the Ville servers, though...

SU[/quote]

Well actually I believe the music choice is deliberate. One of the lines I heard was "I can't shoot straight enough, I can't move fast enough."
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

D.B.Cooper
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by D.B.Cooper » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:11 pm

[quote="LadeeeDuke";p="105374"]LOL! I must be ancient then. No, you can't repeat that either. Never, I repeat, NEVER, call a woman ancient![/quote]

LOl ur younger then I.

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:25 pm

I like how young people always equate 'can't recognize a modern song' with old.

Also, I am surprised to be lumped in with people who have limited musical tastes because of my age.

I have music in my iTunes from the 1930's (if you exclude classical), up to modern times. Anyway, I like music that is good and dislike music that sucks. That music sucks.

Kisses,

SU

:D :D :D :D :D

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 pm

I don't know what song that was, and I don't think it was that great. So I don't think age is a factor here. :wink:

Edit: Actually it might be :lol:
Last edited by Stevo on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:25 pm

I was hoping annotation would carry over but apparently it doesn't. The author makes a couple comments pointing out how the guy was hacking.

He also has other videos on the subject (along with an early version of the mod, which outright killed the cheater whenever he came into visual range of an enemy). I picked that particular video because it's the only one where the hacker makes stupid comments.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"