So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

SPOILER ALERT!! Discussion of new pyro achievement names

Post by So Uncivilized » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Shacknews has the name of the achievements up for pyro, and they look pretty fun. Some of them, you can guess at by the name. I found these particularly interesting:

7. Clear Cutter
24. Lumberjack

I think they might be incremental 'number of axe' kill achievements.

I'm guessing 'Burn Ward' is either killing medics, or killing while being healed.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:11 pm

GAWD WHY DONT THEY GET HERE ALREADY!!!!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:50 pm

[quote="MrBlah";p="100996"]
GAWD WHY DONT THEY GET HERE ALREADY!!!!
[/quote]

agreed. Thursday is too far away :(

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Hot Potato, OMGWTFBBQ and Pyromancer look very interesting. Is there going to be some sort of shield that he'll have? Is it going to be 1,000,000 damage with the flamethrower? I'm at around 560,000 myself so I have a ways to go if it is.

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:02 am

I'm sure that some of them will be 'x damage with weapon y'.

The medic ones were creative (too much so, imo, but I'm old and crotchety), so I expect these will be similar.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: SPOILER ALERT!! Discussion of new pyro achievement names

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:07 am

I've dealt nearly 2,500,000 damage with the Pyro so far :D.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:23 am

1.6 million

My next highest is soldier at just over 600k and demo at just under 500k :P

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:40 am

I just played a few rounds of Warpath and jumped over 25k damage with the pyro. It shouldn't take too long...

Hemophiliac
New Villun
New Villun

Post by Hemophiliac » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:47 am

i've been talking about design cycles so much lately in terms of the achievements

the most obvious i see, Freezer Burn: going to be the same as Autopsy Report for medic

however both Dance Dance Immolation and OMGWTFBBQ seem possibly similar since they're all separate taunts.

yeah 1 mil damage with flamethrower (pyromancer)

Clear Cutter and Lumberjack will probably be like Bonesaws, but particularlly used on soldier only. (without missing in one life).

I Fry: Killing X number spys while disguised.
Spontaneous Combustion: Killing X number spys while cloaked.
Got A Light: obviously spy related, don't know what though.

i've got lots of thoughts, but honestly most seem like stabs in the dark. i'm hoping a lot are modified design cycles.

EDIT: and as quickly as i post this i find this

http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/?pw=presspreview

there is everything we've been waiting for!

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:51 am

This.... is..... so..... AWESOME!!!

In addition to the three unlockable Pyro weapons, we've made a significant addition to the base Pyro flamethrower. By hitting the alt-fire key, the Pyro is able to produce a blast of compressed air that knocks enemies away, and redirects enemy projectiles. It’s a highly versatile tool, allowing Pyros to get away from nearby enemies after igniting them, to kill enemy soldiers with their own rockets, or to separate enemy Medics from their healing targets. In particular, it allows a skilled Pyro to contain an enemy invulnerability push, and even to separate the Medic completely if the surrounding terrain supports it.

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:55 am

Swaying a little off topic here for a second. What do you guys think of the 2 community maps they added? Fastlane and Turbine? I'm shocked steel wasn't included, that is one of the best customs I've played.

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:57 am

OMGWTFBBQ: Kill an enemy with a taunt.

OK, so did they make the shottie taunt do damage? Or is there a new, damaging taunt? To my knowledge, none of the 'standard' taunts is capable of doing damage...

These achievements (well, from the beginning up to this one), are all very 'in game'. I've done all of this naturally as a matter of game play course!

SU

So Uncivilized
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by So Uncivilized » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:07 am

[quote="Tickles";p="101029"]Swaying a little off topic here for a second. What do you guys think of the 2 community maps they added? Fastlane and Turbine? I'm shocked steel wasn't included, that is one of the best customs I've played.[/quote]

I haven't played Fastlane; I don't think it's made it's way here yet (which I suppose is the point of the distribution). Turbine to my mind is an 'ok' map, not so popular here.

I think that the problem with steel, to allow a little conceit about this community, is that it has a fairly steep learning curve (well, for us crusty alzheimer's patients), and so I would think that would make it unpopular for general distribution. It's a fantastic map for those in the know who have spent a little time with it, and regular Villuns are having a blast with it. People who are new to it (including myself for the first couple hours of play), grumble incessantly about it.

That being said, it may be just that i am too much of a pyro lover, but I really love love love the whole suite of weapons as well as the new achievements. I am assuming that things like 1,000,000 damage will be retroactive...

EDIT: Also, the hot potato achievement icon shows a stickie. Will the pyro be able to remove stickies? I assume so.

SU

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:26 am

Yeah, I haven't played Fastlane either, am interested in trying it. It's kind of like badlands apparently.

I haven't played TF2 much the past few weeks, this may give me a reason to come back and play, but I love the names of these achievements. The valve guys have a real good sense of humor.

For the OMGWTFBBQ: Kill an enemy with a taunt. I think I read somewhere you have to taunt while he's dying from your flames and he has to actually die from your flames to get the achievement.

Reipin
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Reipin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:58 am

I promised I was going to find torven and have a killfest as heavy vs all the new pyros but now I'm not so sure!! AAAAhhhhhhhhhh

These all look good and the nice part is, there are some that just cannot be gotten in an achievement box, and then of course, there are some that have to (kill three taunting enemies? Seriously who taunts in a regular game...)
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/tvctf208.png[/img]
[url=http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php][img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/16400_random.png[/img]
[/url]