bullwinkle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pre-ordered!

Post by bullwinkle » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:22 pm

ok i already own halflife 2 and ep 1.... if i pre-order the box they have to preorder and i really going to have to pay for those games or will it see i own them and lower the price
Image Image
remember that time you almost died in that fire and then i said i wasnt going to murder you

2007 Kill l3eeron Champ

bullwinkle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bullwinkle » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:24 pm

never mine i read the de.scription and it says yes u do but you can give them as gifts, ..........what crap.
Image Image
remember that time you almost died in that fire and then i said i wasnt going to murder you

2007 Kill l3eeron Champ

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:13 pm

[quote="Replica";p="40053"]yeah, any oldtimer here that doesn't at least give tf2 a shot needs to be stabbed and taught a lesson in ville history. so if its the only way to get tf2, i'd say its to their liking[/quote]

:D

Well I never did purchase HL2 so maybe its time, damn good deal seeing what they were asking for HL2 when it came out and I get both episodes, Portal and TF2 as well. :)
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:13 pm

I know

Leave it up to The valve/steam duo of death to ruin a good thing

Gimme a sec to rant here. Im not happy with they way they greedily market this stuff. Valve pretends to care about our gaming experience with them. But when it counts they turn their back on us. It will always be the same crap rearranged to smell different. DoDS doesnt bring in any more money, so they arent working on any updates (ie brits/para classes). But yet they wont release all the info needed to fully mod it the way the community wants it.
As soon as TF2 stops making revenue, expect the same treatment from valve. Im guessing we can expect little if any updates to TF2 after public release. Valve is in this for the money, plain and simple. It makes them more money to bail out on us by spending time working new money makers instead of community support. I dont mean to rain on the parade here. The game is gonne be fun regardless of how valve supports it. the end :lol:

mujo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by mujo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:49 pm

I know it sucks for those of use who already own HL2 E1 and HL2, but hey, at least we get to share it with someone who may be oblivious to perfection in gaming form.

I've pre-ordered, and I'm proud of it. Just think of it this way, you're getting a game (TF2) that you'll probably be playing for five years at least. Isn't that worth $45? Creating memories, such as those we've taken part in? As a loyal Valve fan, and die-hard Villun, I pay my $45 pre-ordered cash with gladness. And by the way, we're getting HL2 E2, and Portal. Its not a bad deal at all :wink:
Adversities do not make a person weak, they reveal what strength he has. -Kierkegaard

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/mujosig.jpg[/img]

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:16 pm

Well folks heres my thoughts.....Oh, and I am going to preorder even though I already own HL2, episode 1 and all the crap already.....

I will be ordering with my other steam ID so that it has the ability to play HL2, DOD:S, and everything, and the account I currently play with will be stuck as just a HL2/DOD:S and the current level its at type account.

I am not aware of (but I have not done much digging either) there being available anything other than the orange box, I do not believe theres going to be just a HL2 Episode 2/Portal/TFC2 option, its the orange box or nothing.

And 44.95 isnt bad, I believe I paid $20-30 just to get episode 1 so IMHO its a fair price.

Also.....I believe you need to remember that this is also for the Xbox (or I think it is) so they can benefit from the back catalog and suddenly we may see a huge influx of players to the older versions, that being the Xbox players......or I may be mistaken too.

But it will be interesting with XBox people playing against PC owners....we will see who has the edge, the Xbox or the PC :) (again, I dont even know if thats going to happen or not but I would think that we will all be able to play against each other)

So, no more excuses, just buy it and lets play the beta on Monday! I have the day off, so I know what I will be doing :)

JD

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:32 pm

I'm waiting for the official release, I really don't want all that hooplah you have to buy just to play a beta. How many maps are they gonna let you play? There was talk of just 1-2 maps before release, anyone know for sure?

three_gunn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by three_gunn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:43 pm

i'll pre-order on thursday. why thursday?...pay day. :D

Blown65
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Blown65 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:43 pm

ok, lets think about this a tad. I know alot of ya own consoles and buy various games. One game for PS3 or xbox360 is how much again? How about the latest and greatest PC games when they came out?

Ok, so what if you gotta buy HL2 again, you may of spend a whopping 10 bucks extra for hours and hours of fun.

Go figure, Ill have 3 HL2 accounts now. :)

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:46 pm

That's true, Blown. Now I'm curious though on just how many maps they will release before official release date. Some are saying they are only releasing 1-2 maps for the beta, like they did with CS:S I believe it was, which I can't believe if they make you pay for a package.

Anyone find info about how many map releases?

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:53 pm

Well, I read a tad more and the orange box doesnt buy you the back catalog, you need different and more expensive versions for that.

When I preordered it indicated that the price for HL2 Episode 2, Portal, and TFC2 would be $29.95 each, so $44.95 is a deal if thats what they would end up selling any part for.....

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:20 pm

Pre-ordered!

bullwinkle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bullwinkle » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:21 pm

well JD ur right they officially Canceled the black box so its this or nothing guess thats 10 buck in not wasting on Taco's, sigh. now what to do with my extra copy oh HL......hmmmm
Last edited by bullwinkle on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

2007 Kill l3eeron Champ

OpTik
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Loading…

Post by OpTik » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:55 pm

**just pre-ordered**

so yeah, if you go to this page you'll see that when they fully release TF2, its going to cost $30. so why not just spend a few more bucks and get HL2, both episodes ,portal and TF2....and if you already own the others(like most of us do), then this is a great opportunity to recruit a friend(or coworker) into the world of steam/valve and give it to them! 8)

update the countdown! :D
[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/pitapan26/usvsigs1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/pitapan26/usv_2-1.gif[/img]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:34 pm

Preloading TF2...hehe
Beta Monday