A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Ind1go
New Villun
New Villun

Ville Awards

I miss TF2 and the Ville

Post by Ind1go » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:18 am

Bob de-Builder here,

I was a regular (and supporter) on The Ville servers in TF2's heyday. I spent countless hours on the servers (especially warpath!). I enjoyed the minimal toxicity, teamwork and camaraderie. When overwatch was released, I made the shift and only retried TF2 recently. TF2 seems unplayable due to bots and it seems like this has been going on for a while. Overwatch is a great game but has never had the community feel of the Ville TF2! There are no servers where you can play with like-minded gamers, there is minimal communication (at least at my rank) except for the occasional salty player criticizing the team. its basically team deathmatch with objectives.

Anyway, I'm hoping there some pockets of playable tf2 like the ville still around! I noticed the Ville's TF2 server is offline - Is that permanent? Does anyone still play regularly? Any server rec's? If TF2 is really dead What games are the Villun's playing these days?

Miss you all!

Regards,
BOB

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: I miss TF2 and the Ville

Post by M's » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:39 pm

Hey bob. No the tf2 server is set up on the event server now.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: I miss TF2 and the Ville

Post by Flash » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:12 am

Hey Bob! I miss the good ol' days of TF2 as well. These days our most popular game is Ark where we've got a lot of new players who chat in Discord more than they do on the forums here. But the same teammate and camaraderie is happening there which is awesome.

We can spin up a TF2 server for events and should probably try to organize something. I'd love to have monthly TF2 nights if everyone is interested.