The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Gun Mettle Update

Post by The Domer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:22 am

What does everyone think about the new update? Tons of changes! http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Gun Mettle Update

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:46 am

Oh god, they actually accepted the Spy's Box taunt.

Here's the gameplay changelog:
GAME PLAY CHANGES
-New feature : Weapon exchange and pick up. Weapons dropped by killed players can no longer be picked up for ammo. Killed players will now also drop a medium ammo box. Players that can normally equip the dropped weapon (proper class) can look at the weapon and press the 'action key' to exchange it with what they have equipped. The player's equipped weapon will be dropped on the exchange.
-Inspect Target has been changed to Inspect Target or Item. While having a decorated weapon deployed with no target under the cross hair and then pressing the bound inspect key (+inspect) , an interruptible view model animation will play.
Random Damage Spread is off by default (ConVar tf_damage_disablespread is set to 1).
-Auto reload is on by default (ConVar cl_autoreload 1). Existing users will still use their currently set value. This setting can be changed under Advance Options or through the developer console.
-Updated various weapon descriptions to better detail the weapon's features.

SPY
-Spy no longer smacks himself in the face while reloading a revolver (New Spy revolver reload animation that does not block cross hair)
-Changing to a new disguise while already under a disguise takes 0.5 seconds instead of the normal disguise time of 2 seconds
-In the disguise menu, pressing 'reload' will also toggle the disguise team.
-While invisible, Spy receives 20% less damage from all damage sources
-While invisible, Spy has reduced timer on debuffs (fire, jarate, milk, bleed)
-Decreased the damage penalty on Sentries sapped by the Spy from -66% to -33% (i.e. shooting a Sentry the Spy sapped with a Revolver is now more effective)
Spy-cicle
-Changed fire immunity for 3 seconds to fire immunity for 1 second and 7 seconds of afterburn immunity
-Removed silent killer attribute
-Spy-cicle recharge timer can now be reduced by picking up ammo boxes
Enforcer
-Changed +20% damage bonus while undisguised to +20% damage bonus while disguised
Big Earner
-Added 3 second speed gain on kill
Kunai
-Health penalty reduced from -65 to -55 (70 Health total)
-Minimum Health gain of 75 on kill
-Maximum overheal from Kunai increased from 195 to 210
Cloak and Dagger
-Can now pick up ammo kits for cloak meter while visible. Previously could not pick up ammo packs for cloak. Cloak gain is at a reduced rate when compared to stock invis watch on ammo pick up
Dead Ringer
-Triggering Feign Death instantly removes 50% cloak meter
-Changed increased drain rate to a decreased drain rate. Overall duration of invisibility is still 7 seconds when accounting for initial spend of 50 cloak meter for triggering Feign Death
-Decreased cloak regen rate from +80% to +50%
-When Feign Death is triggered, the Spy receives a 3 second speed boost
-Initial attack that triggers feign death has its damage reduced by 50%
-Damage resistance on triggering feign death scales over time. 65% to 20% over 3 seconds
-Feign Death stealth has no bump shimmer for 3 seconds
-3 seconds after triggering Feign Death, the Spy is under normal invisible conditions (20% armor and shimmers if bumped or shot)
-Can no longer pick up ammo for cloak meter while cloaked

ENGINEER
-Construction boosts (wrench hits, redeploys) from multiple sources is now additive instead of multiplicative. Calculations are based around a 1x base building speed.
-Increased base wrench construction speed on hit boost by 50%. Buildings now build 2.5x faster instead of just 2x (additive of 1.5x + base speed)
-Teleporters and Dispensers redeploy +50% faster (2.5x without wrench boost, 5.5x with wrench boost)
-Building pick up speed penalty reduced from 25% to 10%
-On Wrench equip change, buildings no longer self-destruct unless the building type is changed (i.e. Only Sentry explodes when switching from Wrench to Gunslinger)
-Building repair costs increased from 20 metal to 33 metal to repair 100hp per wrench hit (from 5HP per metal to 3HP per metal)
-Level 2 and Level 3 Sentries have less passive damage resistance against Heavy miniguns. Level 2 Sentry Minigun resistance changed from 20% to 15% and Level 3 Changed from 33% to 20%
Gunslinger / Minisentry
-Mini Sentries can now be repaired
-Mini Sentries can now be wrench construction boosted
-Mini Sentry base build speed decreased. Mini Sentries that are wrench boosted build slightly faster than previously.
-Mini Sentries start at 50% health on construction and gain health during construction instead of starting at 100%
-Metal gibs from destroyed Mini Sentries no longer grant any metal
Pomson 6000
-Uber and Cloak drain decreases over distance from target. Decreases start at 512 Hammer Units (Hu) from target and reach 0 drain at 1536Hu
-Wrangler
-Ammo and Repair given to a shielded Sentry is reduced by the strength of the shield (66% reduced) when shield is active
-Engineer death keeps the Wrangled sentry shielded and disabled for 3 seconds, same as when Wrangler is switched away. Previously Engineer death caused disable state for only 1 second
Jag
-With the change to Base Construction boost, Jag bonus has improved. 30% increase of 1.5x makes a total of 1.95x (total of 2.95x when base speed is added)
-Added +15% swing speed.
-Added 20% repair penalty. Repairs will give up to 80hp per swing instead 100hp per swing.
The Short Circuit
-Projectile destruction has been moved to alt-fire at the cost of -15 per shot. There is a 0.5s cool down between attempts and refire
-Cannot pick up buildings when the Short Circuit is deployed
Eureka Effect
-Previous penalties have been removed and replaced with the following
-Construction hit speed boost decreased by 50%
-50% less metal from pickups and dispensers

SCOUT
Baby Face's Blaster
-Added Boost reduction on taking damage.
-Increased amount of Boost lost on air jump
Short Stop
-No longer uses secondary ammo and now uses primary ammo instead
-Healing and knockback passives are only active when weapon is deployed
Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
-Passive effects on the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol are only in effect when the weapon is deployed
-Removed +15 max health passive
-Added up to +3 health per hit
-Changed damage vulnerability from +50% fire to +20% all sources while active
Fan O' War
-Now crits whenever it would normally mini-crit
-Reduced damage penalty from -90% to -75%

SOLDIER
Airstrike
-Removed clipsize penalty
-Reduced radius penalty from -15% to -10%
-Reduced damage penalty from -25% to -15%
-Rocket jump blast damage reduction reduced from -25% to -15%
Equalizer and Escape Plan
-Changed no healing penalty to 90% less healing from Medics while active
Blackbox
-Changed +15 health on hit to +20 health on hit per attack
-Changed how health on hit works for radius damage. Is now capped per attack and scales with total damage done relative to base damage.
-i.e. doing 45 damage nets +10 health on hit as base damage is 90. Hitting 3 enemies for 45 each for a total of 135 damage only returns +20 health.
Liberty Launcher
-Now has +25% clip size
-Battalions Backup
-Fixed an issue that caused rocket jumps to be decreased when it was active.

DEMOMAN
Tide Turner
-Self damage will no longer decrease charge when charging
-Fall damage will no longer decrease charge when charging
-Amount of charge taken away on damage when charging reduced from 3 to 1 per point of damage
Bootlegger / Ali Baba's Wee Booties
-Added +10% movement speed bonus
-Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill
The Claidheamh Mòr
-Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill
Loch-n-Load
-Changed +20% damage bonus to +20% damage against buildings
Iron Bomber
-Removed damage penalty on self-detonate
-Reduced radius penalty from -20% to -15%
Quickiebomb Launcher
-Damage is now increased based on charge amount when the bomb is fired
Ullapool Caber
-Reduced explosion base damage from 100 to 75
-Reduced damage ramp up bonus for close range attacks. Now is the same as other explosive weapons.

PYRO
Flaregun
-Added text to describe 100% critical hits on burning targets
Scorch Shot
-Reduced damage penalty from -50% to -35%
-Now has increased knock back on burning targets
-Increased the blast radius from flares from 92Hu to 110Hu
-Hits and explosions always minicrit burning targets
Detonator
-Added text to describe 100% minicrits on burning targets
-Slightly increased blast jump height when doing a Detonator jump
-Increased blast radius from 92Hu to 110Hu
-Detonated explosions now also minicrit burning targets
-Increased damage penalty to -25%
-Increased self-damage penalty from +25% to +50%

MEDIC
Vaccinator
-Fixed a bug that gave Vaccinator patients full crit immunity.
-Vaccinator base resist does not grant any crit resistance.
-Vaccinator Uber deploys now always take exactly 1 bar of Uber charge.
-Vaccinator Uber deploys give the patient a 2.5 second bubble of 75% damage resistance of the current resist type and full crit resistance to that type. These bubbles do not disappear if the medic stops targeting the current patient. Multiple bubbles of different types can be applied to the same patient or multiple patients given the same resist uber each consuming 1 charge.
-Vaccinator uber build now suffers the same penalties as other mediguns when it comes to multiple medics on the same target and max overhealed patients.
-Decreased the bonus healing a Medic received for properly selecting the right damage resistance type from 25% of incoming damage to 10% of incoming damage
-Added Penalty of 66% decreased uber build rate while healing a overhealed patient
Solomn Vow
-Added 10% attack speed penalty

SNIPER
Sydney Sleeper
-Jarate now applies on all scoped shots, duration scales with charge duration (2 to 8 seconds)
Bazaar Bargain
-No longer lose heads on miss
-Collecting a head requires a headshot kill and not just a headshot
-Each head boosts charge rate by 25% up to 200%
-Charge rate penalty changed from -20% to -50%.
-Now requires 2 headshot kills to be back at base speed and 6 kills for 200% charge rate
Bushwacka
-Changed penalty from +20% fire vulnerability to +20% damage vulnerability while active

HEAVY
-Minigun damage penalty on Level 2 and Level 3 Sentries slightly decreased. Level 2 Sentry resistance changed from 20% to 15% and Level 3 changed from 33% to 20%
Natascha
-Added 20% damage resistance while spun up
-Stun amount now has distance falloff. Decreases starting at 512hu down to zero stun at 1536Hu
Brass Beast
-Added 20% damage resistance while spun up
Tomislav
-Now 20% more accurate (less spread)
-Increased spin up bonus from 10% to 20%
Family Business
-Now has +15% increased attack speed
Warriors Spirit
-Now has +10 health on hit
Eviction Notice
-Now has 3 second speed boost on hit
Dalokoh's Bar
-Now has 10 second cool down on use
-Can now overheal up to 400hp
-Can be thrown (alt-fire) as a small medkit for other players to use
Lunchbox items
-Updated description to note that these items can be thrown (alt-fire) to supply players with a medkit.

MULTI-CLASS
Panic Attack
-Base Fire rate increased (from 15% to 30%)
-Base reload speed increased (from 33% to 50%)
-Added increased switch to speed by +50%

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

dammets89
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dammets89 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:37 am

Those spy buffs. I always hated the revolver animation blocking aim, especially with the ambassador. From what I skimmed through, the changes are nice. I dont see what purpose the weapon swap has though.

Nothing notable for pyro, as I don't use the flare guns. Oh well.
2013 Ville Cup- GOD (Group of Drunks) 2nd Place
2014 Ville Cup- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent 3rd place

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:39 am

i'm not too excited about the premise behind this update
Thanks Sparky

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 am

Perfect Villain wrote:i'm not too excited about the premise behind this update
The 'premise' is to apply a successful money-making scheme from CS:GO into TF2. I'm more interested in what people think about all the balance changes to classes and weapons. It's as big a list as I've seen in an update in years.

dammets89
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dammets89 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:18 am

Mini sentries can now be repaired. That's interesting.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:17 pm

As a cs:go player, I actually like the way these campaign works. The missions really take what the tf2 achievement are/used to be, unique ways to play the game.

** One thing I noticed is the missions are a bit different. It seems you'll have two a week, not sure if they'll carry over. In CSGO you get a book and can get one mission like every 12 hours or something. However, they carry over. So I often don't do any for a few days, then log in and do 4.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:40 pm

The balance changes are amazing. This might be the best update ever in regard to weapon/class balancing.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:21 am

I'm fairly limited in what classes I play so many of the changes are nothing I would have experience with. Some of them do seem to be the usual "no one is using this item, how do we get more folks trying it". Some I see could have some major repercussions in regards to engis and heavies (the sentry and the heavy attacking it). The shield staying up 3 secs instead of one, on 3rd stage dustbowl with fast respawn could be interesting.

Curious to get a good pyros thoughts on the changes.
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:39 am

YoullNeverWalkAlone wrote:The shield staying up 3 secs instead of one, on 3rd stage dustbowl with fast respawn could be interesting.
This is actually reverting a change. When the Wrangler was released, the 3 seconds upon death was the case. I think it was changed to 1 second for the 2013 Summer update.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:51 am

That trip to the box factory was so worth it.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:18 am

YoullNeverWalkAlone wrote:I'm fairly limited in what classes I play so many of the changes are nothing I would have experience with. Some of them do seem to be the usual "no one is using this item, how do we get more folks trying it". Some I see could have some major repercussions in regards to engis and heavies (the sentry and the heavy attacking it). The shield staying up 3 secs instead of one, on 3rd stage dustbowl with fast respawn could be interesting.

Curious to get a good pyros thoughts on the changes.
I also see a couple of major balance changes (spy and engy), couple of "please please please use this weapon!" changes, one flat-out buff (Demoman??? Seriously???), one I don't know enough to comment on (Sniper), and Pyro gets... well...

I don't know if I count as a good pyro anymore, though I fancy that I was once respectable at it. Maybe these changes are supposed to fall in to the "please use this weapon" category, but pyros who use shotguns do so because it's has multiple shots, good damage, a spread target, and is good for fighting other pyros or finishing off fleeing enemies. These changes are utterly meaningless for most pyros - they may as well not have happened. For those who use those weapons, it did make the Scorch Shot better and the Detonator worse, but that affects such a small number of pyros as to be of limited interest. There's certainly nothing there to make a person switch. As a pyro, I'm far more interested in three things:
-The changes to the spy, adding 7 seconds of afterburn resistance. That is extremely hurtful to our ever-dwindling use for fire.
-The changes to SG bullet resistance, which seems to encourage increased use of heavies as anti-SG classes at close range, in place of Pyro's traditional role.
-The lack of removal of the demoman's fire resistance and afterburn immunity from targe.

I'm also really confused about why Valve is giving heavies 20% damage resistance while spun up with Natascha and the Brass Beast... these are the healthiest classes in the game, and often have medics glued to them. They are at their most dangerous when they're shooting you. One would think a 20% resistance while NOT spun up would be what they need, and would have a far less balance-shifting impact on combat than effectively giving them a bonus of hit points nearly as big as some classes start with.
-Boss Llama

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:02 am

The damage resistance boost on Brass Beast at least makes sense, as that minigun is better suited to defensive situations and cannot dodge incoming fire (well, neither can any minigun, but the Beast can't even move to reduce blast splash). It's still garbage for pushing forward, especially with an uber.

dammets89
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dammets89 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:23 am

"-The lack of removal of the demoman's fire resistance and afterburn immunity from targe."

This is mostly all I want changed. I can deal with fire resistance, afterburn resistance as well, but full immunity is silly.

The heavy damage resistance with those two guns might hurt the use of the axtinguisher. It already takes several hits on a heavy, more so if you're not getting full crits. I don't know how many heavies actually use these though.

The spy-cicle resistance I don't feel is so terrible, as I never leave the afterburn to kill anything anyway. Axtinguisher still takes them out easily enough.

Acedeuce
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Acedeuce » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:39 pm

On a somewhat related note - has anyone has huge hits to their fps on servers with the update? Normally I can run anywhere from 160-60, min...but on the new servers, my fps sits at 15-20 making it pretty much unplayable, and that's true regardless of whether i have minimal settings or not on video. Sort of a bummer...any ideas?