Nook^3
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The elephant in the room?

Post by Nook^3 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:54 pm

I booted up TF2 for the first time in a long time to see what this Gun Mettle update was about only to find the new content locked behind a paywall.

I pop'd up my favorite server list only to find my all my favorite old stomps completely empty or timing out. I don't know what I expected. Its been a year or so after all, but it definitely made me feel a little sad.

The couple of Valve servers I managed to join were what you would expect. No team play, stacked teams, spawn camping.

If it wasn't for the rumors of competitive matchmaking on the horizon I would've probably uninstalled after that experience.

I think the downfall started when they changed their focus to MvM, PVE content. But that's more of a old salty wound more than any sort of legitimate grievance. RIP Teamfortress. May your next incarnation come sooner than later.

eecscommando
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by eecscommando » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:19 pm

I booted up TF2 for the first time in years after reading about the update. After seeing my beloved TV7 empty I fired up this forum to see what was going on. Unfortunately, it sounds like an empty server is common these days.

The only thing I want to add is that when I played heavily back in 2011-2012 I loved playing with all the regulars on TheVille servers. There was a consistently high level of competition and fun personalities. Cheers to the old crew who played daily back then. It was fun!

- Mark (aka jimmyjunk)

WarnerHet
New Villun
New Villun
Minecraft name: WarnerHet
Blizzard tag: WarnerHet

The elephant in the room

Post by WarnerHet » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Yeah it needs a spin up time nerf, heavies are just hopping around and avoiding the movement speed penalty with almost no effort at all.

yumple
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by yumple » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:36 pm

I used to be a main player here, dating back to TFC, part of a tf2 guild, played in multiple Cups, but left because of extreme politics and what I felt was unfair admin powers (Forcing The Lonely Testicle to name change to The Lonely Tentacle, whilst being ok with Big Caulk seemed ridiculous!). I don't agree with all of the responses that mention TF2 has died (blah, blah, blah). I feel like most folks on this thread that claim TF2's slow death is the reason the Ville's TF2 servers died but most of you weren't really playing TF2 at the Ville when the servers died.

We tried to speak, but weren't heard so we moved on.

Myself and many others who were guilded diehard villuns still play TF2 nightly at other community servers, which stay busy nightly from 4 pm til beyond midnight, every night.
I'm only chiming in because I miss those days of being a Villun. There were some great times and people. I spent a ton of hours seeding, playing and donations.